PSB

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome - Use login button below to enter.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Politics Changed Forever?  (Read 174 times)

coach99

• Hall of Fame
Politics Changed Forever?
« on: October 07, 2018, 07:43:38 AM »

What ever happened to the 'loyal opposition' idea?  Your candidate or party lost, but you went on to support the government but would work hard to make changes and to work WITH the other side to make the Country better.
It just seems..from seeing the protests on tv..that the majority of these people are fairly young and from 'immediate gratification' generation.  If I can't get my way I will throw a tantrum until the parents give in and buy the new toy, etc.  Hillary lost...throw a tantrum...a speaker I don't want to hear comes to campus..throw a tantrum and so on. Is this a result of the participation trophy where you don't have to accept losing and working to get better?  Somewhere along the line basic behaviors have been lost or never taught in the first place. We are fast becoming a banana republic.

BALDWINTRACK

• All State
Re: Politics Changed Forever?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2018, 09:43:37 AM »

Coach this has a lot more to do with the mass shooting epidemic than guns. Nobody knows how to lose.

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2018, 07:54:17 AM »

Freedom of speech, period. It is alive and well. Trump can Tweet whatever the heck he wants whether blatant lie or not. Conspiracy theorists and just bad people like Alex Jones have pulpits to speak from and people that will listen. On the left protesters feel energized to protest whatever they want whenever they want no matter how much discourse it causes. All of those examples are protected by free speech whether you agree or disagree that they are ethical.

It's funny, just like the NFL Anthem controversy. It is honestly great to see that there is a percentage of the population that feels empowered to protest the Anthem, as well as a percentage that feels empowered to protest the protesters. In some ways debates like this are what our country is all about.

But to answer your original though, probably. For one that is why I hope that the Democrats have a normal politician nominee in 2020 and not a celebrity  (while Oprah and Clooney for example would be more appealing for many to vote for over Trump that could start/continue a vicious cycle). Regarding the rest it is more up to the people when at the ballot box. Keep voting in idealogues to the House vs finding those who truly represent your best interest. "Building a Wall" for instance should be a serious topic of discussion if one lives in Texas or New Mexico but has almost zero impact to the average Pennsylvanian. Free Community College tuition sounds great to urban lower middle class citizens but does not register in the minds as anything of importance to a farmer in Nebraska with a population of 35 people per square mile. Etc. We need to think for our representatives and not have them think for us. Until then we deserve the government that we are getting.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 08:05:34 AM by yannessa_is_god »

BALDWINTRACK

• All State
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2018, 08:01:38 PM »

Avenatti is going to be their candidate

emm8

• All State
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2018, 09:38:57 PM »

He wouldn't even make their top 50 list now, yet alone in 2 years!

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2018, 09:17:19 AM »

I agree with emm bit yes BT that type of person would be my fear exactly. Kind of like Trump vs, he is the worst kind of person and is an opportunist.

emm8

• All State
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2018, 12:12:29 PM »

Someone like him is exactly my fear. He doesn't fit the Donald Trump/Oprah Wimphrey definition of "star"  but he is becoming a star for his recent doings.

This is his proverbial "15 minutes of fame" moment from where I'm sitting.   ::)

RyanHS93

• Varsity
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2018, 06:51:45 PM »

Coach  I think so. The left is totally unhinged.  Trump 2020 

BALDWINTRACK

• All State
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2018, 08:01:50 AM »

Think you guys are underestimating him. If he’s serious about running he will dismantle most of that field just like Trump did. He’s not afraid to say anything and he knows what people want to hear. Truth be damned. If you can find odds on him, take him.

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2018, 08:19:21 AM »

I agree with coach on this one. IMO, this is not a freedom of speech thing, this is a I lost and I'm going to kick and scream until I get my way thing. screaming in peoples faces until they leave a restaurant is not a freedom of speech thing. A Democratic representative getting up in front of a crowd and telling people to "get in their faces and tell them they are not welcome here" is not a freedom of speech thing IMO.

A Democratic staffer was just arrested in Texas a few days ago for breaking into a computer and stealing and posting Republican's personal info including names, addresses and social security numbers. This has gotten real dirty and personal and I don't see it stopping with Hillary Clinton out there saying there will be no civility until we win or Eric Holder saying when they go low we kick them. I personally haven't seen the Republicans going low but I have seen the 'kicking" on the left

I personally don't have an issue with Trump's tweets and the most that I have seen he is  posting the positive things this White House has done that the media won't report. I haven't seen him post conspiracy theories and mostly everyone I heard has denounced Alex Jones as a windbag. Trump does get a little crazy with his tweeting sometimes and sometimes it will make you take a step back but as I said before, we knew this before we voted for him but for some reason it shocks the mainstream media that he stand up and challenges them

BALDWINTRACK

• All State
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2018, 04:16:28 PM »

The thing I find most interesting is how the democrats feel they were in some way cheated out of the election. I also think some of this is a Republican problem because Trump said he wouldn’t concede losing prior to the election because he felt things weren’t legitimate as well.

We are going to raise a generation of kids who don’t believe there is any sort of legitimacy in elections. So what will happen in 50 years when they are in charge? Read about Julius Caesar if you want the answer.

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2018, 05:10:45 PM »

The thing I find most interesting is how the democrats feel they were in some way cheated out of the election. I also think some of this is a Republican problem because Trump said he wouldn’t concede losing prior to the election because he felt things weren’t legitimate as well.

We are going to raise a generation of kids who don’t believe there is any sort of legitimacy in elections. So what will happen in 50 years when they are in charge? Read about Julius Caesar if you want the answer.

it is funny how when Trump brought up questions about conceding that the Democrats and Hillary and even the media flipped out about that and they are doing exactly what they thought Trump might've done. Karma I guess?

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2018, 05:21:26 PM »

For the record Hillary conceded. It took her 12 hours longer than it should have but she did at least. So I'm not sure what Trump's potential to not concede and the Democratic reactionsince has anything to do with anything aside from Trump himself saying claiming rigged regularly (including losing the general election). There have been close elections since both ways where the loser did not concede (Doug Jones v/ Roy Moore and of course the local Lamb election) but those were close enough that I do not fault the loser in either.

But yes BT I agree that Russia interference or not Trump won that election fair and square so to speak. Dems who don't believe that are dillusional. Now, fairness of the Electoral College argument  (in terms of percentage of the population being represented) vs overall votes is a topic of discussion that is a fair topic and should not be confused with this topic at hand, but Russian bots did not cost Hillary PA, WI, and MI....blue states that were bad losses for her.

I would just prefer honesty and candor from Trump on that issue. Crying that Russian interference is a "hoax" is a bad argument. Collusion being a hoax is a fair argument until proven guilty, but Russian interference has been substantiated. If he would simply say "Russian interference is a problem that cannot go unpunished, but that had nothing to do with the election results in almost all cases, some would give him a break IMO.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 05:23:50 PM by yannessa_is_god »

BALDWINTRACK

• All State
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2018, 06:38:50 PM »

I don’t believe Facebook is interference. If we consider manipulation to voters via social media to be interfering in the potential results of an election we may as well never have national elections again. That horse is waaaaaay out of the barn.

So yes I actually agree with Trump in a way here. But in ways like the entire notion of what Russia did being a bad thing is complete nonsense and no issue to me because there is no way to combat it. Just a convenient excuse for the losers. It could just as easily be China working in the other direction in 2020 and if that happens, we’ll see the identical albeit opposite reaction and all over nothing again.

Indians87

• All State
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2018, 10:59:00 PM »

As of right now Trump is a lock for 2020.  The Dems continue to bury themselves...lol
Pages: [1] 2