PSB

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome - Use login button below to enter.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: MLB Playoffs 2018  (Read 338 times)

hs

• Hall of Fame
Re: MLB Playoffs 2018
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2018, 12:05:51 PM »

Brewers beat the Rockies again today to sweep Colorado and move on to the NLCS

Good for the Brewers and the NL Central. They are absolutely exceeding my expectations right now although Colorado was not a bad matchup for them.

Agreed. I would like to see if the Brewers can get past either the Dodgers or Atlanta

BALDWINTRACK

• All State
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2018, 06:01:49 PM »

I think Pittsburgh fans in general like Milwaukee because they wish the Brewers owner owned the Pirates.

KidRaven

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2018, 06:36:40 PM »

I hate Milwaukee like I do every other team in the NL Central.  Ryan Braun only makes it worse.
Uniontown Red Raider Basketball: 1769-597 Record
4 PIAA Titles; 8 WPIAL Titles; 47 Section Titles

bftigers

• All State
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2018, 08:15:10 PM »

I think Pittsburgh fans in general like Milwaukee because they wish the Brewers owner owned the Pirates.

As a Pirates fan, you are right about wishing we had an owner that openly communicates with his fan base and not hide behind his president and GM.  The Brewers owner has forged a real trust with his fan base through real action.  Ownership and their front office has never belittled their fan base like the "BMTIB" has done countless times here.

Milwaukee is 2/3 the market size as Pittsburgh. Yet they went for it this year by signing key guys like Cain and Chacin plus trading 4 prospects for Yellich. They have drafted and developed well to put them in that position so I can't forget that.

But jumping from $63 million in 2017 to close to $100 million this year shows a tremendous commitment to wanting to win.  They recognized after winning 86 games last year and missing the WC game by one game, that they needed some EXTERNAL pieces to get over the hump.

It's not a guarantee that it works out but that's what you do when you are close. They didn't declare BRIDGE YEAR or FINANCIAL FLEXIBILITY,  but actually acted like a team that understood the opportunity in front of them.  It is the exact opposite of what the Pirates did after winning 98 in 2015 or what we all know they'll do this upcoming off-season.

What a refreshing way of doing business as a sports owner in Milwaukee.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 05:38:46 AM by bftigers »

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2018, 08:11:04 AM »

Houston beats Cleveland 11-3 to sweep that series

Red Sox stomp on the Yankees 16-1 to take a lead in their series 2 games to 1

Dodgers win their series against the Braves and will face the Brewers in the NLCS starting Friday

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2018, 08:17:10 AM »

I will piggy back most of what was already said and say that Pirates fans see the Brewers and say that could have been the Pirates. The Brewers had a window, spent a little money and took advantage of it and they are now in the NLCS. The Pirates had a window around the same time and decided to save more money and sell off their team. It wasn't like the Brewers went out and broke the bank either which is one of the excuses that the Pirates like to use. 

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2018, 12:59:40 PM »

Glad that Houston put the AL Central out of their misery. I still contend that if the Pirates were inserted into that division they very well could have won that division. Same for Tampa Bay, Philly, St. Louis, and some others who were stuck behind a better team and playing tougher competition.

BALDWINTRACK

• All State
« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2018, 07:11:39 PM »

The biggest difference to me is the Brewers probably havenít spent much more than the Pirates over the past 10 years. They have had some very low payroll. Like 16 and 17. Lower than any Pirates payroll since at least 2013. They pick their spots though. Like the year they traded the 2015 World Series to Kansas City for Greinke. They made the NLCS. Theyíve also had some seasons far worse than the Pirates have.

Biggest difference to me is I donít think the Brewers owner cares if they win 82 or 62 games where I do think the Pirates do. Just different philosophy. The Brewers owner wants to win in the playoffs. 82 wins to him would be the same as 52-110. And honestly, thatís what I think most fans want. I have no problem with Nutting because I truly do not care if they win. Not one bit. I want them to be here so I can be interested in them year after year. But, Iím starting to think Nutting wonít be able to keep this franchise here long term because he has totally lost the fan base. So something needs to give.

bftigers

• All State
« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2018, 08:21:22 PM »

I have no problem with Nutting because I truly do not care if they win. Not one bit. I want them to be here so I can be interested in them year after year. But, Iím starting to think Nutting wonít be able to keep this franchise here long term because he has totally lost the fan base. So something needs to give.

This quote from you above completely disqualifies you from ever debating and discussing just how frugal and cheap Nutsac is as an owner.

You are not a fan as you admit above. Lord, no wonder you don't care if they invest in their product and try to win.

Wow, thanks for coming clean lol.  Now I know why you say the things you say on here about Nutsac.

Learn something new every day haha..

BALDWINTRACK

• All State
« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2018, 09:25:44 PM »

Iím a fan because Iím interested. I like baseball and the Pirates are the team available for me to watch on the most regular basis. I go to about 10-15 games each summer. But no I donít care if any team wins or loses. I treat the Steelers and Penguins the same way for what itís worth.

KidRaven

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2018, 11:51:39 PM »

Yankees get bounced in 4 games. 

Cutch and Walker went 3-22 combined in these playoffs with 2 RBI.  So basically what they did in Pittsburgh.
Uniontown Red Raider Basketball: 1769-597 Record
4 PIAA Titles; 8 WPIAL Titles; 47 Section Titles

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2018, 06:27:45 AM »

Brewers beat the Dodgers last night 6-5 to take a 1-0 series lead.

Great weekend for sports. 2 baseball games today, Pitt vs ND, Penn State vs Mich State, Penguins hockey tonight against Montreal and Steelers vs Bengals tomorrow. Only bad thing is Saints are on their bye this week

BALDWINTRACK

• All State
« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2018, 11:01:32 AM »

Good for the Brewers to hang on. Gotta win a game when you use the bullpen that hard.

BALDWINTRACK

• All State
« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2018, 10:51:19 AM »

Predictably theBrewers bullpen blows the lead last night after being used for the entire game on Friday.

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2018, 01:13:28 PM »

Predictably the Brewers bullpen blows the lead last night after being used for the entire game on Friday.

You called it haha!

To their credit the Brewers starters pitching well, just not long enough.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4