PSB

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome - Use login button below to enter.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: MLB Playoffs 2018  (Read 1726 times)

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
Re: MLB Playoffs 2018
« Reply #60 on: October 26, 2018, 03:00:17 PM »

Ratings are down vs last year and way down from the Cubs' World Series appearance two years ago.

Nicky

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #61 on: October 26, 2018, 04:09:16 PM »

But as far as the "buzz" surrounding this WS that was originally questioned, the ratings are fine.  WS Games 1 and 2 were the most watched TV shows on both cable and network schedules on Tue/Wed nights.  More people were watching the WS than anything else on TV those two nights.  People are talking about it on the radio and Sirius XM, people are posting about it on social media, and television sources like ESPN, Fox and MLBN are covering it. 
"there is a light that never goes out"

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #62 on: October 26, 2018, 05:15:02 PM »

I'm not disputing that.

I'm just also pointing out that factually speaking coach99 did not make this up. Rating are in fact down. Vs 2016 it absolutely makes sense (Cubs have a large following as well as a neutral viewership much like the 2004 Red Sox that made them sentimental favorites). Vs last year it is difficult to say, but the variable imo is not the Red Sox replacing the Astros (because the Sox have a larger national following as well as likely more East Coast interest) but rather the other variables relating to the Dodgers  (LA flat out isn't as good, LeBron is stealing I'm sure some market share alone, and the Rams being Superbowl favorites I'm sure has fans focusing more on them as well).

BALDWINTRACK

• All State
« Reply #63 on: October 26, 2018, 05:41:41 PM »

I think the 3 true outcomes philosophy of teams going for walks, strikeouts or home runs has lost an older generation of fans and added a younger generation. So by Buzz I feel like people my fathers age (mid 60s) simply donít see baseball as entertaining any longer. My dad was a big baseball fan growing up while I wasnít. Now itís the opposite if he watches 5 Pirates game a year Iíd be surprised but he doesnít miss a hockey game. Iím in my 30s and I love baseball but as a kid I preferred any other major sport to it.

Nicky

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #64 on: October 26, 2018, 05:58:26 PM »

Not disputing the breakdown of technical television stats and analytical numbers.  Just saying you can't say there's no buzz surrounding THIS World Series (which was the original post, even before any ratings were brought up) because not as many people watched as compared to 2016. 
"there is a light that never goes out"

coach99

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #65 on: October 26, 2018, 06:41:03 PM »

when i said 'no buzz"..I did not even consider tv.  There was little that heard people talking about or saw posted .  Just seems like it was so-so.    Does middle America care that much about Boston and LA in general?  The Houston and Chicago games just seemed to draw more attention. I just made a comment...not worth analyzing..cause I really could care less about anything about LA or Boston.   Nice to see  Freese playing in WS...funny looking back on his spring training comments where he wound up.

BALDWINTRACK

• All State
« Reply #66 on: October 26, 2018, 10:37:13 PM »

Haha he made those comments in hopes of this!

BALDWINTRACK

• All State
« Reply #67 on: October 27, 2018, 12:50:59 AM »

There should be some buzz tonight! Best World Series game Iíve seen since 2011.

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #68 on: October 27, 2018, 07:02:43 AM »

Yes! Happy for the Dodgers! Big win for them. I had to go to sleep so I missed the ending.

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #69 on: October 27, 2018, 09:22:28 AM »

I finally watched the rest of it thanks to DVR. What a game and what an atmosphere at Dodger Stadium.

Unrelated but I love Dodger Stadium definitely on my bucket list.

coach99

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #70 on: October 27, 2018, 11:36:27 AM »

I finally watched the rest of it thanks to DVR. What a game and what an atmosphere at Dodger Stadium.

Yes..Chavez Ravine still a great ball park that has been kept up well.  Was it privately funded when built?

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #71 on: October 28, 2018, 08:46:02 AM »

Red Sox won last night 9-6 after the Dodgers blow a 4-0 lead

Boston up 3 games to 1 and it looks to be all but over for the Dodgers

BALDWINTRACK

• All State
« Reply #72 on: October 28, 2018, 10:33:34 AM »

Yes..Chavez Ravine still a great ball park that has been kept up well.  Was it privately funded when built?

Iím not sure about the structure itself. But the land was given to the Dodgers by local government. It displaced quite a few people.

KidRaven

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #73 on: October 29, 2018, 12:25:32 AM »

Red Sox win the World Series.  Steve Pearce MVP.
Uniontown Red Raider Basketball: 1788-601 Record
4 PIAA Titles; 8 WPIAL Titles; 48 Section Titles; 60 Playoff Appearances
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]