PSB

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome - Use login button below to enter.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 25

Author Topic: Pens 2018-2019 Regular Season  (Read 3303 times)

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
Re: Pens 2018-2019 Regular Season
« Reply #60 on: October 09, 2018, 12:44:23 PM »

From what I have seen and heard Maata and Johnson have both been pretty awful thus far, almost equally.

As has Sprong, Sheahan, and Cullen.

So any of the above five being benched, scratched, demoted, or shuffled around based on two games of play I am ok with.

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #61 on: October 09, 2018, 02:39:36 PM »

From what I have seen and heard Maata and Johnson have both been pretty awful thus far, almost equally.

As has Sprong, Sheahan, and Cullen.

So any of the above five being benched, scratched, demoted, or shuffled around based on two games of play I am ok with.

Maatta and Johnson have been turnover machines so far. IMO, Cullen needs to be at center and move Sheahan to the wing and I feel Sprong has been okay for trying to fit in on a 4th line and I also think he has been doing fine on the 2nd power play unit. I just feel there is not a spot on this team for Sprong right now and Sullivan is making a point to show that 

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #62 on: October 09, 2018, 05:12:26 PM »

I will agree with Sprong on the pp. Maybe like the dmen example (both stinking) Sprong's 5 on 5 play is more of a reflection of Sheahan/Cullen than it is himself.  And I will agree Sheahan should probably center that line Cullen probably not even in the lineup right now or at least when they get a bit healthier.

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #63 on: October 11, 2018, 07:56:29 AM »

Game tonight between Vegas and the Penguins has lost a little of its luster as both teams are struggling early this season and it seems both are having issues on defense. Vegas lost again last night 5-2 to the Capitals as they are leaving Fleury out to dry it seems on every shot. Fleury has not looked good either and he is not expected to play tonight. Murray is also out with a concussion so it will probably be a battle of the backup goalies tonight

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #64 on: October 12, 2018, 06:54:42 AM »

Penguins beat Vegas last night 4-2 and it was the Phil Kessel show as he got a natural hat trick. Guentzel got the 4th goal in the second period. I thought for sure Vegas would pull Subban and put Fleury in for the third period but that didn't happen. There were a lot less Vegas and Penguin Fleury jerseys in the arena last night but some people were chanting for Fleury to go into the game after a while.

Definitely not a perfect game for the Penguins but they got the win. Defense still looked shaky but the difference last night versus other games was DeSmith was able to bail them out when needed. Riikolla looked good with Oleksiak but Johnson looks like he is trying to skate through mud. I feel bad for Maatta but they needed to do something.

Sprong also IMO looked good last night. Hornqvist was moved off of the top line in the third period and dropped to the third line and I was hoping Sprong would get a chance but no, it was Rust. Cullen and Sheahan switched off with each other playing center. Surprised Simone didn't get sat down. He didn't look good at all to me but he stayed on that third line

Not sure who will start in goal on Saturday but I'm hoping the Penguins can get some revenge and get a win against Montreal

bfgrad

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #65 on: October 12, 2018, 07:16:26 AM »

I'm with you on Jack Johnson, he looks really slow out there. He's the one who should've been benched, not Maatta, who, imo, was the victim of Johnson's terrible play.

I noticed Brassard got a bit of inadvertent time with Crosby and Guentzel and thought Brassard looked decent playing the wing with them. I would give him a try there. Brassard seems to have a knack for hunting down rebounds in and around the net and scoring. He's not a crease presence like Hornqvist, but he's faster, which Crosby likes, and can work effectively down low around the net. Doing that would solve a couple problems, Sheahan could return to centering a 3rd line with with Hornqivst and Rust and Cullen the 4th line with Sprong and Simon/Grant/ZAR.

Saw a big, positive difference between DeSmith's glove hand and Murray's.

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #66 on: October 12, 2018, 09:37:57 AM »

I'm with you on Jack Johnson, he looks really slow out there. He's the one who should've been benched, not Maatta, who, imo, was the victim of Johnson's terrible play.

I noticed Brassard got a bit of inadvertent time with Crosby and Guentzel and thought Brassard looked decent playing the wing with them. I would give him a try there. Brassard seems to have a knack for hunting down rebounds in and around the net and scoring. He's not a crease presence like Hornqvist, but he's faster, which Crosby likes, and can work effectively down low around the net. Doing that would solve a couple problems, Sheahan could return to centering a 3rd line with with Hornqivst and Rust and Cullen the 4th line with Sprong and Simon/Grant/ZAR.

Saw a big, positive difference between DeSmith's glove hand and Murray's.

Agree with you on all points especially DeSmith's glove hand. DeSmith just looks so calm and cool in the net. He is always in position and I really like how he covers the post to not get beat on the short side. Mike Lange brought up a stat that shocked me. He said in the post game show that with all the talent the Penguins have at center, they recorded no shots at the center position last night. Malkin did have 3 assists and Crosby with 1 but no shots is shocking 

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #67 on: October 12, 2018, 03:26:55 PM »

Murray practiced today so it looks like he will play in Montreal on Saturday. Oleksiak also today was dropped to the 4th defensive pair and Maatta was moved up so it looks like Oleksiak will be the new defensive whipping boy for at least a game

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #68 on: October 13, 2018, 02:44:52 PM »

Carey Price is out tonight and won't suit up. Reports are he has the flu. Niemi will get the start in goal for the Canadians. Pens usually struggle against a backup or rookie goalie but c'mon, it's Niemi!

Also looks like Sullivan will keep Rust and Guentzel with Crosby and Hornqvist will stay on the third line with Brassard and Simone

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #69 on: October 13, 2018, 07:19:26 PM »

DeSmith in goal tonight not Murray. Battle of the backup goalies again

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #70 on: October 13, 2018, 07:22:20 PM »

Sprong with an awesome pass to Simon and he buries it to give the Pens. a 1-0 lead!

Sullivan is switching up the lines. Brassard is now on the top line with Guentzel and Crosby. I think I remember you calling that one bfgrad

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #71 on: October 13, 2018, 07:32:25 PM »

Looks like Schultz broke his ankle. It looked nasty. Left leg got bent under his body when he was falling down. It did not look good

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #72 on: October 13, 2018, 07:50:15 PM »

Letang scores to give the Penguins a 2-0 lead

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #73 on: October 13, 2018, 08:27:32 PM »

Montreal is dominating the second period. 7 minutes in and they already have 11 shots and have tied this game up 2-2

bfgrad

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #74 on: October 13, 2018, 10:34:58 PM »

Thought Brassard looked very comfortable with Crosby and Guentzel. They were moving the puck smartly between each other. A few more games together and I think they'll produce a bunch of points.

Schultz injury looked nasty, but no word yet on the post-game show.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 25