PSB

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome - Use login button below to enter.

Author Topic: Clark Bars saved from extinction  (Read 33 times)

bfgrad

• Hall of Fame
Clark Bars saved from extinction
« on: September 06, 2018, 11:20:12 PM »

Altoona-based Boyer (Mallo Cups) Candy Co bought the rights, recipes and equipment from the current owner of Necco. Clark Bars will return to being made right here in the Keystone State.  :)

http://www.post-gazette.com/business/pittsburgh-company-news/2018/09/06/Pittsburgh-s-iconic-Clark-Bar-has-new-owner-production-set-to-return-to-Pennsylvania/stories/201809070073

yepper

• All State
Re: Clark Bars saved from extinction
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2018, 12:20:00 AM »

heard NECCO (New England Candy Co.) is going under. no more NECCO wafers.

speaking of Mallo cups, as a lifetime (55+ years) collector of Mallo Cup coins,  I sent my lifetime accumulation them with my son who was going to a Curve baseball game to be redeemed. Three thousand points later I get my prize. Yes it's Marty Mallo, an 8 inch stuffed figure., not even a bobblehead. I'd be embarrassed but I'm way past that.

I feel like an uncle of mine that collected steel nickels during the war. He fugured they be worth something later. They were, 5 cents. He should have gone to the movies in 1944 for that nickel. By the nineties it took a whole lot of those nickels to go to the same movie.

bfgrad

• Hall of Fame
Re: Clark Bars saved from extinction
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2018, 06:53:56 AM »

According to the story, the company that bought Necco out of bankruptcy will continue to make Necco wafers and Sweetheart hearts. They didn't want the Clark Bar, Sky Bar, Mighty Malted Milk Balls and another candy. The last 3 products are still going out of production unless another company buys their rights/recipes/equipment.