PSB

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome - Use login button below to enter.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13

Author Topic: Steelers regular season  (Read 1818 times)

Downriver

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
Re: Steelers regular season
« Reply #165 on: November 04, 2018, 06:12:28 PM »

Steelers might've just had their hand in getting another coach fired as reports are that Harbaugh is on the hot seat

Good.  I can't stand either of the Harbaugh's.  They're both big crybabies.

bfgrad

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #166 on: November 04, 2018, 07:18:35 PM »

I've been critical of BR, but his play since the Steelers adjusted the offense to be more balanced with less passes and more runs has been outstanding. The OL has stepped up, too. Balt was bringing the heat, but the OL gave BR plenty of time in the pocket. Connor's making everyone forget Bell and the receivers are making plays regularly. This is a really good offense that's getting on a roll at the right time. Props to Josh Dobbs coming in cold off the bench and converting a 3rd and 20.

Heyward and Tuitt have been beasts on the DL with Watt and Dupree able to get consistent pressure as well. Hayden's been great and Davis/Burnett/Edmunds aren't letting receivers go uncovered. Hilton's back to his last season form after missing most of camp and the preseason.

The bottomline is this is the team is playing right now the way most of us fans expected before the regular season.

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #167 on: November 04, 2018, 07:36:19 PM »

I agree bfgrad and I will be rooting for them one one of those few occasions as they tak on Carolina on Thursday. Need Carolina to lose to give the Saints some breathing room after a good game and beating the Rams

emm8

• All State
« Reply #168 on: November 04, 2018, 09:19:15 PM »

Landing a long-term mega-deal after sitting out this long may prove to be quite difficult, given how his stance this season has been interpreted around the league, even if he manages to put up big numbers after a Pittsburgh return.

The chances of Bell putting up big numbers upon his return are greatly diminished now because (barring a Conner injury), Conner's going to take away a bunch of his touches.  Maybe even up to half, if not more.  I don't think the same would be true if Bell had returned very early in the season before Conner was able to prove that he can shoulder the load.  After 2 or 3 games, Conner would have probably been relegated to backup duty.  I doubt that's the case these days.

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #169 on: November 05, 2018, 04:17:27 AM »

Agree on most of what you said emm8.

I've been as late as anyone to really come around on Connor (I see him as a better story and person than NFL player) and honestly felt that he would get exposed a bit this week by Baltimore but he was outstanding again. As talented as Bell is, they clearly don't need his distractions.

I would be happy with moving forward with Connor and drafting another back somewhere (doesn't have to be first or second round) and going with a committee if possible. Many teams do not necessarily use the "bell cow" back anymore anyways. Obviously if you have one (Gurley/Bell/Johnson/Elliott) you use him, but even the great Alvin Kamara is in a timeshare for instance.

Regarding playing time for Bell when/if he reports, that one is tough. Contrary to my above statement, he does not become the "bell cow" for the stretch run. My thoughts are use weeks 11-13 or so to get him into football shape, then turn him loose later. Also keep in mind that there is attrition through injuries at that position anyways, so while many are skeptical that Bell woulds fake an injury or something like that, he or Connor or Ridley, etc getting injured is always a possibility. I will take the depth for 2018 and deal with the financials and behind the scenes stuff in 2019.

Downriver

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
« Reply #170 on: November 05, 2018, 10:42:19 AM »

As I said earlier, Bell's timing in going for the big bucks was horrible.  Currently only Bell and Gurly are making big bucks.  14.5 and 15 mil this season.  The next highest paid back is at 8 mil.  Also, teams like the Steelers that have great wide receivers & a great QB, take tons of pressure off the RB and decent backs like Conner and Ridley are still going to get you 4 yards a carry at 1/10 the cost of a Bell.  It was pretty obvious when no teams offered anything for Bell, even teams like the Eagles that essentially had their backfields gutted with injuries this year.  No one is willing to pay that kind of money any more.  The Steelers would have probably been willing to give Bell 12-15 million a year over 4 or 5 years and he got greedy.  Now, if he hits the free agent market, teams will low ball him.  If he wanted to be paid like a RB and a WR, he'd have been much smarter to built incentive clauses into his contract, where he could get that money if he produced.  Then again, Conner is doing exactly that.  He had 7 receptions for 56 yards and a TD to go along with his 107 yards rushing yesterday.  And it didn't cost the Steelers 15 mil!!

Indians87

• All State
« Reply #171 on: November 05, 2018, 12:13:14 PM »

As I said earlier, Bell's timing in going for the big bucks was horrible.  Currently only Bell and Gurly are making big bucks.  14.5 and 15 mil this season.  The next highest paid back is at 8 mil.  Also, teams like the Steelers that have great wide receivers & a great QB, take tons of pressure off the RB and decent backs like Conner and Ridley are still going to get you 4 yards a carry at 1/10 the cost of a Bell.  It was pretty obvious when no teams offered anything for Bell, even teams like the Eagles that essentially had their backfields gutted with injuries this year.  No one is willing to pay that kind of money any more.  The Steelers would have probably been willing to give Bell 12-15 million a year over 4 or 5 years and he got greedy.  Now, if he hits the free agent market, teams will low ball him.  If he wanted to be paid like a RB and a WR, he'd have been much smarter to built incentive clauses into his contract, where he could get that money if he produced.  Then again, Conner is doing exactly that.  He had 7 receptions for 56 yards and a TD to go along with his 107 yards rushing yesterday.  And it didn't cost the Steelers 15 mil!!

Well said.  I think Bell committed career suicide and it just seems to keep getting worse each week he holds out.

Downriver

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
« Reply #172 on: November 08, 2018, 06:37:18 PM »

It appears Bell may have played his last game in a Steeler uniform.  Apparently his agent found a loophold in the CBA agreement that will allow him to walk without playing a game this season.  I personally say "good riddance".  He may still screw himself over this.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/leveon-bell-rumors-steelers-rb-agent-discovered-cba-loophole-allowing-him-not-to-play-in-2018/

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #173 on: November 08, 2018, 06:43:52 PM »

It appears Bell may have played his last game in a Steeler uniform.  Apparently his agent found a loophold in the CBA agreement that will allow him to walk without playing a game this season.  I personally say "good riddance".  He may still screw himself over this.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/leveon-bell-rumors-steelers-rb-agent-discovered-cba-loophole-allowing-him-not-to-play-in-2018/

Don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you! 

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #174 on: November 08, 2018, 09:29:04 PM »

Steelers up 24-14 already in the first half but they have no answer for Christian McCaffrey.

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #175 on: November 08, 2018, 09:33:55 PM »

Wow! 31-14 Steelers and there is still 3 minutes left in the first half

KidRaven

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #176 on: November 08, 2018, 09:35:18 PM »

Steelers up 24-14 already in the first half but they have no answer for Christian McCaffrey.

I have McCaffrey in my pay fantasy league so I hope they continue to have no answer for him.

Panthers have no answer for anyone on the Steelers offense.
Uniontown Red Raider Basketball: 1769-597 Record
4 PIAA Titles; 8 WPIAL Titles; 47 Section Titles

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #177 on: November 08, 2018, 10:17:33 PM »

I have McCaffrey in my pay fantasy league so I hope they continue to have no answer for him.

Panthers have no answer for anyone on the Steelers offense.

Or their defense. Steelers defense is just harassing Newton it seems like after every snap

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #178 on: November 08, 2018, 10:45:16 PM »

Every Steeler fan will be a Saints fan on Sunday as they play the Bengals

bfgrad

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #179 on: November 08, 2018, 11:27:02 PM »

Wow, that was an epic beatdown. I've seen some games where the offense has been good, but not like this.

Jax should be worried as the Steelers will be looking to exact some revenge.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13