PSB

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome - Use login button below to enter.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 21

Author Topic: Steelers regular season  (Read 3484 times)

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
Re: Steelers regular season
« Reply #120 on: October 08, 2018, 07:57:18 PM »

I'm not going to say that you're absolutely correct after just one game. Honestly that is giving Fichtner and the coaching staff too much credit. Game script definitely worked in their favor. As did matchup. Keeping in mind that they did run relatively well vs Cleveland  (in a game that they were never trailing in). And the only other game where game script dictated run was the Tampa game, but Tampa's defensive backfield was awful, and if they did anything well on defense it was defend the inside run.

IMO it is not being down 14-0 5 minutes into the game as they were in both losses as well as the Jacksonville loss last post season.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 12:38:19 PM by yannessa_is_god »

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #121 on: October 09, 2018, 08:08:39 AM »

Steelers typically play very well in Cincinnati and I think I saw something that Ben is 10 and 2 all time there so if I had money to bet I would put it on Pittsburgh to win and probably pretty easy on Sunday 

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #122 on: October 14, 2018, 02:57:03 PM »

What is the field made of that the Bengals and Steelers are playing on, concrete? Players going out of this game left and right for both teams with injuries

bfgrad

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #123 on: October 14, 2018, 04:51:31 PM »

I figured it was a loss when Cincy went right down and scored with 1min+ left, but dey da Bungles...

Steelers got jobbed on the non-TD Connor scored. The ball had broken the plane of the goal as Connor fell on his shoulder. Of course, I think a play action and bootleg or toss wide would have scored easily on 3rd down, too.

bfgrad

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #124 on: October 21, 2018, 07:23:55 PM »

NO does the Steelers a favor beating Balt 24-23 as Tucker misses the tying PAT with 24 secs left!

KidRaven

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #125 on: October 21, 2018, 07:40:48 PM »

NO does the Steelers a favor beating Balt 24-23 as Tucker misses the tying PAT with 24 secs left!

What’s great is the announcers talked about how Tucker has never missed an EP. 
Uniontown Red Raider Basketball: 1771-598 Record
4 PIAA Titles; 8 WPIAL Titles; 47 Section Titles

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #126 on: October 21, 2018, 08:18:11 PM »

Great weekend for the Steelers especially if Bungs lose.

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #127 on: October 21, 2018, 09:03:12 PM »

Great game by New Orleans. I was pretty pissed at Sean Payton as he kept passing up on several field goal chances in the first half nd kept going for it on 4th down. Luckily, it didn't come back to bite him in the rear as Carolina came back from the dead today to beat the Eagles and Tampa Bay squeaked one out over the Browns.

BALDWINTRACK

• All State
« Reply #128 on: October 21, 2018, 10:07:36 PM »

How about these teams running the clock downand laying up for 40+ yard field goals? It cost Tampa in regulation. Dallas the game. Minnesota did it earlier this year in that tie with Green Bay. Teams with multiple time outs not using them and not making any attempt to get a closer FG or you know like maybe trying to score a TD???

Tomlin handled this perfectly last week.

bfgrad

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #129 on: October 22, 2018, 02:07:22 AM »

The shot of Tucker's googly eyes after he missed was hilarious. The NFL wanted to make PATs less routine by moving the kick back to the 15 yd line and it's certainly working this season, that's for sure. I was a little surprised Harbaugh did not go for the win with a 2 pt conversion try. He wasn't going to have a better chance to win in OT than being at the 2 yd line.

KC walloped Cincy 45-10, meaning your Pgh Steelers are in 1st place in the AFC Central. Ironically, Clev is only a few missed kicks away from being the division leader.

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #130 on: October 22, 2018, 10:15:45 AM »

How about these teams running the clock downand laying up for 40+ yard field goals? It cost Tampa in regulation. Dallas the game. Minnesota did it earlier this year in that tie with Green Bay. Teams with multiple time outs not using them...

Agreed 100%. It's as if in the minds of the coaches/media/etc have decided that the FGs are routine (which as Tucker proved yesterday even PATs are not) and settle in those situations, when in the past teams would try to make it as easy as possible withoutputting clock management at risk.

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #131 on: October 23, 2018, 07:49:14 AM »

Arizona Cardinal's GM came out a few days ago and said they have no intentions of trading their star cornerback Peterson but Peterson has come out yesterday and has asked to be traded before the deadline next week so all the sports talk show in Pittsburgh are all talking about getting Peterson in a Steelers uniform

I don't see that happening but I can see him going to Kansas City and shoring up that defense 

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #132 on: October 23, 2018, 01:18:28 PM »

Reports out there are saying the Eagles are aggressively trying to trade for Patrick Peterson

In other NFL news: Saints trade with the Giants to acquire CB Eli Apple for a 2019 4th round pick and a 2020 7th round pick. 

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #133 on: October 28, 2018, 01:26:32 PM »

So far this Steelers vs Browns game is nearly unwatchable. Every other play it seems a penalty is being called!

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #134 on: October 28, 2018, 01:55:13 PM »

3 minutes into the 2nd quarter and the Steelers finally get their first, first down. Steelers only down 6-0 as the Browns kick 2 field goals and miss another

And as I type this, BR throws a 43 yard TD pass to brown to take the lead 7-6 just like that
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 21