PSB

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome - Use login button below to enter.

Author Topic: Lee to Harrisburg  (Read 160 times)

Husky68

• Jr. Varsity
Lee to Harrisburg
« on: August 09, 2018, 10:01:27 PM »

Downriver

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
Re: Lee to Harrisburg
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 12:11:18 AM »

Husky, there was a cutoff date sometime in early August that would trigger the no playoff rule.  I'm guessing the Lee family being well aware of the rule with his Dad, Dwan being a Harrisburg basketball coach, made sure they got him transferred in time.

On another note, I noticed that the reason for the transfer was "tuition issues".  Apparently the Diocese cracked down on all the athletes getting preferential treatment for tuition and besides Lee in basketball, they've lost several football players.  I guess all the sudden when a parent has to pony up $8 grand out of his own pocket, the old public schools don't look so bad.  I know over the last few years with Middletown going to the state finals twice, instead of the 75-80% of the Seven Sorrows kids the Raiders usually get, now they're getting almost 100%.  So McDevitt has essentially completely lost one feeder and the same thing is happening at Holy Name with Central Dauphin now getting about 80% of their kids.  Just 5 years ago that number was around 50%.