PSB

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome - Use login button below to enter.

Author Topic: Favorite Sports Movie  (Read 81 times)

Nicky

• Hall of Fame
Favorite Sports Movie
« on: August 03, 2018, 01:35:40 PM »

Saw one of those Facebook chains that goes around, asking for people to list their favorite sports movies and share them on their FB Walls.   Being that we are a sports forum at the core, figured it would be a good first topic in the Movie Forum.
"there is a light that never goes out"

Nicky

• Hall of Fame
Re: Favorite Sports Movie
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2018, 01:39:24 PM »

I catch flack for this all the time, and it always generates raised eyebrows, but 100% my favorite sports movie of all-time is Chariots of Fire.  I have the special edition Blu-Ray and it is a fantastic keepsake. 
"there is a light that never goes out"

coach99

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2018, 11:13:10 AM »

I like "All The Right Moves"  the football movie filmed in Johnstown and "featuring" Don Yanessa  :) and Tom Cruise.

yepper

• All State
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2018, 01:21:29 PM »

got to be Hoosiers

'when Ollie makes them, and he will make them'

BALDWINTRACK

• All State
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2018, 08:03:26 PM »

Hoosiers is mine too. But for comedy, major league 2 is tops. Actually one of the funniest movies, sports or not, on my list.

coach99

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2018, 08:17:52 PM »

Another good sports movie...also filmed in Johnstown..is Slap Shot  the hockey movie.  Not necessarily a good movie, "Angels in the Outfield", but I like it cause it was filmed in Pittsburgh way back using Forbes Field and and the Oakland section of town. The old hotel where most teams stayed when playing in Pittsburgh, that is now the Pitt Student Union. This is the original version, not the very bad remake.

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2018, 10:58:18 PM »

It is hard to narrow down to just one movie but one of my most favorite sports movies is Varsity Blues. I always thought it really showed how high school football is in some areas. Every time I find it on TV I stop and watch it

Just an overall great movie

I was also very big into weightlifting when I was in the NAVY so I have always been into bodybuilding movies like Arnold's Pumping Iron. A movie came out in 2013 called Generation Iron and I really liked it. Really gets into the whole bodybuilding scene, compares natural bodybuilders and bodybuilders who use steroids and gets into what these people go through to be a bodybuilder. Some of those guys go through hell and live like a poor bachelor and do it for very little prize money

coach99

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2018, 03:50:47 AM »

When I am watching a golf tourney on tv and see a big pond in front of the green, all I can think of is "Tin Cup".