PSB

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome - Use login button below to enter.

Author Topic: Middletown Coach Leaves  (Read 268 times)

Downriver

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
Middletown Coach Leaves
« on: July 07, 2018, 01:54:10 PM »

Chris Sattele was promoted to Assistant Athletic Director and will be resigning.  Should be interesting to see if they go outside or promote one of his assistants as he had a pretty solid staff. 

http://highschoolsports.pennlive.com/news/article/-7165610370994680377
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 01:56:17 PM by Downriver »

Downriver

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
Re: Middletown Coach Leaves
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2018, 07:57:19 PM »

Looks like they already have someone under contract as they've said they're not taking any applications.  That didn't take long!

Downriver

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
Re: Middletown Coach Leaves
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2018, 03:10:51 PM »

OK, got a little more info from inside.  This is an exact quote.  "We are going to select our coach from within the school district".  When I asked if that meant an assistant coach was going to be promoted, I was told, not necessarily.  Which immediately turned the light bulb on in my pea brain.  One of the Middletown teachers just happens to be the winningest coach in Middletown basketball history, with multiple district titles and quite a few deep runs in states.  Over 600 wins in his stints at Middletown and another unnamed school.  He got caught up in a railroad job about 10 years ago when the school board was out of control.  Now that everything is stable, who knows.