PSB

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome - Use login button below to enter.

Author Topic: Lebron!  (Read 88 times)

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
Lebron!
« on: July 01, 2018, 08:46:03 PM »

Officially a Laker. 4 years $154 million. Leaves the Cavs for the second time in eight seasons.

yepper

• All State
Re: Lebron!
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2018, 09:13:07 PM »

thank goodness it's over

BALDWINTRACK

• All State
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2018, 09:46:49 PM »

Fine with me. He did all this Cavs fan wanted. Think he will still be back to finish his career anyways.

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2018, 10:37:28 PM »

I think he walked into a hornets nest that will be made by Lonzo Ball's dad. Can't wait to hear him start complaining that Lebron isn't passing the ball to his kid enough

KidRaven

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2018, 10:13:08 PM »

Warriors respond by signing Cousins.  They have 5 All stars for their starting lineup.
Uniontown Red Raider Basketball: 1769-597 Record
4 PIAA Titles; 8 WPIAL Titles; 47 Section Titles

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2018, 10:28:43 AM »

Warriors respond by signing Cousins.  They have 5 All stars for their starting lineup.

I'm waiting for this whole Warriors dynasty thing to implode but it just isn't happening. When Cousins is healthy, probably in January, IMO, that is just another player that is going to want the ball but so far , the Warriors have made it work. I'm wondering if Cousins will be a good fit though. Warriors probably could've used more of a defensive minded big man in the paint but Cousins is more offensive. We will see. Should be interesting

Downriver

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2018, 11:33:20 AM »

I'm glad the Sixers didn't sign him.  They kept their young core intact, resigned JJ Redick for another year and have a ton of cap space to sign someone to a long term contract.  I think that will be a much better move in the long run.  With Lebron in the west, the east really comes down to Philly and Boston with both teams young and loaded.  It may take either one an extra year to get to the level they can take the Warriors, but both are built for the long haul.  If Philly can entice Leonard or one of the other studs, they'll be in a way better position than renting an aging Lebron.

KidRaven

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2018, 12:42:23 PM »

Leonard has said repeatedly he is going to the Lakers in 2019 if he isnít traded there this season.

For the Warriors Cousins is a low risk as just 1 year for 5 million.  He will then cash in next summer when all kinds of teams have massive cap space. 
Uniontown Red Raider Basketball: 1769-597 Record
4 PIAA Titles; 8 WPIAL Titles; 47 Section Titles

Downriver

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2018, 01:47:29 PM »

Leonard has said repeatedly he is going to the Lakers in 2019 if he isnít traded there this season.

For the Warriors Cousins is a low risk as just 1 year for 5 million.  He will then cash in next summer when all kinds of teams have massive cap space.

Even if the Sixers could sign Leonard, I think I'd be very leery after the stunt he pulled in San Antonio last year.  All it would take would be another minor injury and him getting pi$$ed at someone.  I really think if I were signing him, I'd have a clause in the contract that if team doctors cleared him to play and he didn't, he wouldn't get paid.  I think the Sixers are way better off just signing a couple of journeymen like they did last year with Bellineli and Ilyasova to compliment their roster.  One of the great bargains is TJ McConnell at $1.6 mil this year.  He can start, come off the bench and fire up the team and do a ton of stuff and the fans love him.  I'd give him a better contract and lock him in for another 3 or 4 years.

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2018, 04:55:11 AM »

it was also reported that if Leonard wasn't traded this year he might sit out again. Not sure what that would do to his value if he pulled that stunt

Downriver

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2018, 10:54:25 AM »

Exactly hs.  If I were any team looking to sign him, I'd have some protection built in.  A whiner can destroy a good team quickly.  I was happy to see the Sixers went out and got Wilson Chandler for essentially nothing from Denver.  He's under contract for a year and a great 3 point shooter that can make things happen on his own.  If he works out great, they can extend him.  If not, they still have all their cap space again next year to add another super star.  I really like the way all the Philly pro teams have taken to building from the ground up and being patient  The Phillies did exactly the same and now they have a contender built for years of solid play.  Maybe the Pirates could take a page out of the Sixers or Phillies book and learn something.