PSB

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome - Use login button below to enter.

Author Topic: new Primanti's sandwich  (Read 373 times)

Nicky

• Hall of Fame
new Primanti's sandwich
« on: June 01, 2018, 06:10:59 PM »

"The Polish Hill" sandwich:

Grilled Kielbasa, hot grilled cole slaw, melted provolone cheese, beer mustard and - PIEROGIES!!!
"there is a light that never goes out"

coach99

• Hall of Fame
Re: new Primanti's sandwich
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2018, 07:02:25 PM »

Primaniti's is like eating from a garbage can.  Pittsburgh's biggest joke....if you are from Pittsburgh you are supposed to like this crap sandwich.

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2018, 08:54:20 AM »

"The Polish Hill" sandwich:

Grilled Kielbasa, hot grilled cole slaw, melted provolone cheese, beer mustard and - PIEROGIES!!!

This sounds awesome!

Nicky

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2018, 06:45:13 PM »

love a Primanti's sandwich once in a while, I always get either hot sausage or cajun chicken on the Italian bread with slaw, fries and onions substituted instead of tomatoes, fantastic
"there is a light that never goes out"

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2018, 08:49:00 PM »

My favorite is corned beef and egg, with capicola and egg my second favorite. During Lent I would get the colossal fish on Fridays if I ate at Primantis.

I never intentionally order their cheesesteak  (which is arguably their worst sammich). I used to get it at the downtown location during lunch hour when I was a student at Duquesne because it was readily available  (no wait ever...they just made those as an assembly line) or at PNC Park where I don't think that they have any other menu option.

I will say that Primantis is on the short list of things that I miss most about Pittsburgh,  behind my family, my close friends, Dek Hockey  (does not exist in Cleveland), watching the Penguins 82+ times a year (I am in a blackout zone as Cleveland is a Pens secondary market and thus Center Ice does not work here), and box seats at Pirates games prettt much whenever I wanted, and about on par with my home church St. Elizabeth's, Vincent's Pizza Park, and WPIAL football.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 08:51:19 PM by yannessa_is_god »

BALDWINTRACK

• All State
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2018, 09:17:05 PM »

IC Light draught beer at Primantiís is the most refreshing beer you can find.

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2018, 09:58:02 PM »

IC Light draught beer at Primantiís is the most refreshing beer you can find.

Haha yes! Primantis is also the only place that I drink IC or IC Light. Takes me back to the mid 2000s when I was relatively new of drinking age and the Pens were bad they would do $1 slices and IC/IC Light drafts during Pens games. I was not a fan of their pizza admittedly but the beer was better than it should have been haha.

hardhitter

• Varsity
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2018, 05:43:02 AM »

I think one of their best kept secrets is their pizza.

coach99

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2018, 03:07:59 PM »

Speaking of beer....is anyone else old enough to remember "Fibber's Bar" in Dormont? They always claimed to have the coldest draught beer in town..and it was.  Tubes from the beer barrels were packed in ice. A lot of local characters hung out there..always had roasted peanuts on the bar and you just thew the shells on the floor.  A basic old fashioned neighborhood sports oriented bar where the patrons would discuss the Steelers or Pitt and even Duquesne basketball.  The place was razed to make room for the new trolley line that had that route up through the South Hills.

olinecoach7406

• Varsity
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2018, 09:14:29 AM »

The "King" sandwiches at the Foster House in Belle Vernon are much better than Primanti's in my opinion. Creamy cole slaw and crispy krinkle cut fries.