PSB

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome - Use login button below to enter.

Author Topic: Another senseless school shooting  (Read 376 times)

hs

• Hall of Fame
Another senseless school shooting
« on: May 21, 2018, 12:42:28 AM »

This kinda goes along with my last thread about Trump asking the DOJ to ban gun modifications but I thought another thread needed to be started for this one because I need to vent! Since the forum at the White House with survivors and parents from the Parkland shooting and several school walkouts to protest guns in America, we now have had another shooting this time in Texas and both Republicans and Democrats have done absolutely nothing! Republicans get in front of a camera and say "you are in my prayers" and Democrats find a camera to bash Republicans and the NRA. I consider myself a conservative, constitutional Republican  and IMO, Republicans are doing nothing about situations like this and Democrats just want to ban guns. Trump came out at first asking for changes but now he is quiet. I guess this shows how powerful the NRA is in Washington.

Then you get a puts like Jimmy Kimmel to grandstand and use his "comedy" show to bash Republicans on this. Did anyone ask him why Obama didn't try to do anything when Democrats had control of the House and Senate? CNN uses their network to use tragedies like this to bash Republicans for not doing anything and Fox uses their network to bash Democrats and say all they want to do is ban guns.

IMO, mental health is a huge issue with these shootings. It has come out that this kid was bullied in school. Then you tack on kids are given way too much privacy these days and they can go online and look up some pretty crazy stuff and stuff snowballs. I hated high school because I was bullied all the time and I hated to get up and go to school every day. Schools think they are doing something about bullying now but all they do is turn a blind eye to it and god forbid if you stand up for yourself and finally just beat the hell out of the bully and the school just sends you to the local magistrate and your parents pay a fine.

Something needs to be done about this but nothing will get done with the so called leaders we have now in our Congress

Downriver

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
Re: Another senseless school shooting
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2018, 11:37:45 AM »

I'm completely disgusted with both sides of the aisle.  We really need our elected leaders to start working for the American people and not themselves and their party.  It seems there's only a small hand full of them that actually look at the issues and are willing to work for the good of the country.  You have Republicans that don't have the balls to go against Trump unless they're not up for re-election and the Dems just want to bash him or the GOP because it suits their needs. 

What I'd really love to see and I know I'm dreaming, is enough Independents getting elected that neither party has a majority in the House and Senate and these wingnuts would have to work together to cobble the votes to get things passed.

coach99

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2018, 03:07:39 PM »

I was hoping that the young people who were active after the Parkland shooting would continue on and hopefully, spark some change.  Don't know if that is happening.  However, in the primaries in my part of the state..a few 'incumbents' and old school types are now gone. This is mostly with the state govt..but as they say...all politics are local.

Tiger4Lyfe

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2018, 03:42:44 PM »

The Parkland kids are still active trying to shame our lawmakers into doing something but criminals and collaborators can't be shamed. Especially when they have 50m mouth breathers behind them that resist any kind of common sense gun control and see it as a stepping stone to abolishing the 2nd amendment like morons. The NRA just made a criminal terrorist collaborator their next President so dont look for any give from them, he blames ritalin despite no evidence of any recent shooters being on ritalin. And Texas thinks the answer is arming teachers....think about your schoolteachers growing up how many do you think would be able to pro-actively pull a trigger BEFORE a fight or flight situation, before the attacker has done damage. We need more trained police in schools, not the pre-k teacher to the 12th grade science teacher all packing heat. Arming teachers is a recipe for even more gun deaths in schools

Apparently this is the price of being "free", a dozen kids have to give their life every month in a school attack.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 03:44:23 PM by Tiger4Lyfe »

Tiger4Lyfe

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2018, 03:49:06 PM »

I'm completely disgusted with both sides of the aisle.  We really need our elected leaders to start working for the American people and not themselves and their party.  It seems there's only a small hand full of them that actually look at the issues and are willing to work for the good of the country.  You have Republicans that don't have the balls to go against Trump unless they're not up for re-election and the Dems just want to bash him or the GOP because it suits their needs. 

What I'd really love to see and I know I'm dreaming, is enough Independents getting elected that neither party has a majority in the House and Senate and these wingnuts would have to work together to cobble the votes to get things passed.

that is a dream. Never in my 39 years have I seen people so dug in behind their partisanship teams. We missed the boat for independents to take seats in the 1990s

BALDWINTRACK

• All State
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2018, 06:33:20 PM »

The longer it goes before something happens just means the more dramatic the change will be. I donít think these gongressmen get that.

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2018, 11:06:53 PM »

I am just sick of the way our government works anymore. If the Republicans are in charge, the Democrats only try to block everything, vote no on anything they and stall in hopes they will have the majority after the next election. If Democrats are in charge, Republicans do the same thing. So basically nothing ever gets done. It sickens me that the stuff Democrats are voting no on now it comes out that they voted yes on the  same stuff several years ago. Democrats like Schumer come out for stricter gun control but when they had a chance to do something about it, he voted against it. Goes to show a lot of Democrats are in the pockets of gun lobbyists also no matter what they say now.

I don't know how to fix it but I believe term limits are a good place to start and no lifetime pensions, healthcare etc after they are done. Maybe they might get some people in there who want to serve the people versus just serving themselves

BALDWINTRACK

• All State
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2018, 11:13:47 PM »

I think you are continuing to see a major societal change in which people lack any ability to cope when something doesnít go their way. Whether it is a kid getting turned down by a girl and shooting up the school or a group of politicians losing an election and trying to discredit the winner. Nobody knows how to lose any longer.

Bob.Gregg.WJPA.Radio

• Hall of Fame
  • That's why they actually PLAY the games....
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2018, 06:49:47 PM »

...Nobody knows how to lose any longer.
That's what happens when EVERYBODY gets a trophy.

I may have shared this bit from my dad before, but I'll do it again.

We lost a playoff game and I didn't handle it particularly well.
In a way most of you would understand from your dads, he quietly got me by the arm (hard), led me to a private place and said:

"Son, if you show me a good loser, I'll show you someone who's had too much practice.  I'm not asking you to be a good loser, but I'll be damned if you're going to be a bad loser.  Do you understand me?"  Yes, sir, I do, clearly.  I'm sorry.

BALDWINTRACK

• All State
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2018, 05:53:09 PM »

Kid in Jacksonville loses a video game and murders 4 people.