PSB

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome - Use login button below to enter.

Author Topic: Mother's Day Breakfast/Brunch/Lunch/Dinner  (Read 182 times)

Tiger4Lyfe

• Hall of Fame
Mother's Day Breakfast/Brunch/Lunch/Dinner
« on: May 13, 2018, 11:08:54 AM »

Where's everyone taking mom?

wife-First Watch in Cranberry for brunch/lunch then we are going to my autistic nephews t-ball game at Miracle Field.

Mom-taking her to dinner tonight

Nicky

• Hall of Fame
Re: Mother's Day Breakfast/Brunch/Lunch/Dinner
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2018, 12:47:10 PM »

We rarely miss a traditional Italian "Sunday Sauce" pasta day on a Sunday.  Today is "Pasta E Piselli" - mini shell shaped pasta with red sauce and peas.  Meatballs in a seperate pot from the Piselli sauce. 

Enjoy your meals and day!
"there is a light that never goes out"

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2018, 03:35:17 PM »

Just bought a new smoker and I got two racks of ribs smoking right now. Wife wanted ribs for motherís day. Next will be a brisket!

coach99

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2018, 05:26:03 PM »

Dorido's in South Park had their annual Mothers' Day Surf and Turf special.  It was really great. Also featured outstanding Prime Rib and a huge Lobster Pot.  The place was packed but they the staff hustles and gets the food from the kitchen to you pretty quick.
 They have their fame based on the huge fish sandwiches, but all the food there is really good.  They still have the older cookers that let the deep fry oil cook hotter than the new regulated ones, so that fish is really cooked to perfection. On Brownsville Rd, just up the hill from Broughton/Curry on the edge of the South Park Golf Course.

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2018, 08:15:48 PM »

I will answer this in a 2 parter.

I made my wife and kids NY Strip steaks for dinner.

Otherwise I usually work today (as I did this year) so rarely do I get to visit my mom in the Pittsburgh area. However to answer the brunch part my favorite brunch is Mon Ami Winery in Port Clinton, OH. A popular spot for those who vacation on the Erie Islands (i.e. Marblehead) and it isn't too far from Sandusky  (Cedar Point). Mother's Day is one of two days during the year that requires a reservation. I love the champaign brunch with the all you can drink mimosas. And their wines are good also.

Tiger4Lyfe

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2018, 07:08:54 PM »

First Watch was really good, never been there before but knew we had to be in Cranberry at 1pm for his game so I googled "mother's day brunch cranberry" and that came up. We got in line using their online app before we left and ended up timing it perfect, when I pulled in we got a text saying the table was ready. They had a special mother's day menu and gave all mom's a little box of chocolates. They had the best pork breakfast sausage links I've ever eaten and I had a grandpa who used to make his own sausages, salami, cappacola, etc. Soft like they make them homemade which I doubt considering it's a franchise. I got the works omelet(bacon, sausage that was different from what we got on side, ham, onion, tomato, mushrooms with dollop of sour cream on top)with lemon greens on side and my wife got french toast with a side of that sausage. bit expensive($35 for 2 before $7 tip), but good. Place is only open until 2:30 every single day. Definitely would go back but not with entire family(we'll stick with Athens for that)

For dinner, we took everyone(party of 9) to Ponderosa, I think my ma enjoyed her steak but was bummed out the Willows Inn restaurant wasn't open again this year(under construction). We've been going there on mother's day since I was little boy, it was my grandma's favorite place and we've kept going after she died.

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2018, 10:25:21 PM »

I enjoy First Watch in general. We have some in Ohio, and they did open one up in Pleasant Hills near where my parents live. Have never been there for Mother's Day but they have quality food and some good healthy options.

coach99

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2018, 10:54:39 PM »

This is not a mothers day thing, but a breakfast/lunch everyday thing.  Any of you ever been to the "Gab and Eat" on Rte 50 in Carnegie?  It is a small ..very small...diner type place located in a small shopping cluster across from the old Scott High building.  Sort of in the area leaving Carnegie and going to Heidlburg.  It is only open for breakfast and lunch.  Good food.  one of those places with pictures of the regulars on the wall..