PSB

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome - Use login button below to enter.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Pens post-season  (Read 1770 times)

BALDWINTRACK

• All State
Re: Pens post-season
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2018, 10:35:10 AM »

I think there s a more probable chance that Letang and his contract are dumped on a western conference team for a draft pick to free up space to sign Carlson or Tavares than Kessel is moved.

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2018, 01:13:58 PM »

I think there s a more probable chance that Letang and his contract are dumped on a western conference team for a draft pick to free up space to sign Carlson or Tavares than Kessel is moved.

I am probably the most vocal person that has wanted Letang traded for years now but I donít ever think they would just dump Letangís contract for a draft pick. Sullivan and Rutherford have come out and said they think Letang will have a bounce back year so I am sure Rutherford is answering his phone but some team would have to absolutely wow the Penguins with a trade offer before they would even consider moving Letang IMO

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2018, 09:29:42 PM »

Rutherford not mentioning him among the "not tradeables" Crosby and Malkin says something.

I like hs don't see said move happening,  but aside from the usual Western Canadian suitors with cap space and a need for Letang and his skill set, I could see Vegas pushing for him (French Canadian Penguins player with a superior skill level and they have the cap space and they may see themselves as one player away).

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2018, 10:13:55 AM »

Domi was traded to the Habs. I know that rumors of him to the Pens were popular.

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2018, 06:40:25 PM »

NHL salary cap for next season is supposed to increase to 80 million, up 5 million from last season.

Reports are GMJR is already in Dallas for the draft on Friday. A lot of people are expecting a huge trade from the Pens on draft day but I just don't know

bfgrad

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2018, 06:10:01 AM »

PG speculates Pens are going to target CBJ's Jack Johnson who's also Sid's bff.

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2018, 06:41:55 AM »

In very interesting news the Islanders hire Barry Trotz! Big win for them, 4th highest paid coach in the NHL. And also like any move that they make it could impact the Tavares sweepstakes.

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2018, 06:30:18 PM »

In very interesting news the Islanders hire Barry Trotz! Big win for them, 4th highest paid coach in the NHL. And also like any move that they make it could impact the Tavares sweepstakes.

I posted this under the Stanley Cup playoff thread a few days ago where everyone was talking about him leaving the Capitals. He will be making double what the Caps were willing to pay so good for him

Red Wings also hired Dan Bylsma to be an assistant so that probably means Detroit will be a non factor for a while! LOL

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2018, 06:36:11 PM »

NHL draft is about to start in roughly an hour and have heard nothing of any trades yet. As bfgrad stated earlier, rumors still out there about the Pens wanting Jack Johnson who fell out of favor in Columbus. Carolina is putting out there that Jeff Skinner is all but traded but they are not saying to who. Oilers say they are willing to trade the #10 overall pick for an NHL ready defenseman. Letang anyone? LOL. I don't see that happening but I have been hearing the name Maatta being spread around the past few days. I think it would be a huge mistake to trade Maatta but reports out there are saying the Pens believe Oleksiak can step into a top 4 defenseman role but I would have to disagree with that

Things might get interesting in Penguins land real soon

bfgrad

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2018, 07:24:08 PM »

LGP poster reported Orpik and Grubauer sent to Colo for a 2nd round choice. That frees up a lot of cash for Wash to resign Carlson and dumps the 38 yr old Orpik.

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2018, 07:39:32 PM »

LGP poster reported Orpik and Grubauer sent to Colo for a 2nd round choice. That frees up a lot of cash for Wash to resign Carlson and dumps the 38 yr old Orpik.

I was just getting ready to post this as NHL.com reported this. I was surprised that the Capitals traded away Grubauer as he was supposed to be the next #1 goalie for Washington but he must've fell out of favor after those first two bad playoff games.

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2018, 08:04:57 PM »

Sharks also put former Penguins defenseman Paul martin on unconditional waivers for the purpose to buy him out of his contract which will save san Jose 2.8 million towards the cap this season

bfgrad

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2018, 10:28:08 PM »

Sullivan clarifies his feelings about Kessel: https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1010343863637233665.  Sounds more like backtracking to me, but ymmv.

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #58 on: June 22, 2018, 10:53:34 PM »

Sullivan clarifies his feelings about Kessel: https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1010343863637233665.  Sounds more like backtracking to me, but ymmv.

Sounds like Sullivan is backtracking because either they could not find anyone to take Kessel or GMJR is not getting the value back that he wants for Kessel. But they still got a lot of time to make deals

bfgrad

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #59 on: June 23, 2018, 05:24:03 AM »

Or Sullivan figured it's smart to get on the same page with his GM. I sure hope Rutherford can dump Hunwick and his contract for a bag of pucks or late round draft choice today. I'd still like to see a swap of Brassard for Bonino.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8