PSB

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome - Use login button below to enter.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Pens post-season  (Read 1400 times)

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
Re: Pens post-season
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2018, 01:37:29 PM »

You beat me to it! Bonino has been a bust of sorts in Nashville  (not a total bust, but they went from finals appearance to not making it out of Round 2 and losing in a series that they had home ice). To your point just not the greatest fit ever.

I would be happy with that trade if it were to happen. Rutherford has made trades with Nashville before also.

Tiger4Lyfe

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2018, 01:41:05 PM »

need to wait on Brassard. 14 regular season games isn't enough to decide he didn't work out.

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2018, 01:50:30 PM »

need to wait on Brassard. 14 regular season games isn't enough to decide he didn't work out.

Agreed completely also. I am just saying that Bonino to that point probably worked out even less for Nashville  (having a full season then not exactly lighting it up in the playoffs aside from a good game or two).

As many of you know I would love Brassard back and given a chance to succeed  (before his injury and Kessel's injury he was on a point scoring streak, and in the playoffs he was injured and playing with injured Kessel and useless Sheary). I am just also agreeing with bf that a Brassard for Bonino trade straight up is possibly an agreeable trade that may be desired by both parties. And then again maybe it isn't (as discussed here also Bonino is sometimes remembered better in hindsight than he really was in the regular season and in the 2017 playoff run where he was not scoring then was injured).

bfgrad

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2018, 03:45:23 PM »

As long as Sullivan is coach, Bonino fits what he wants from his 3rd center - good defensively, PK, good on the cycle, enough skill to play with Kessel or another skilled winger or move up if Crosby or Malkin miss time. Brassard really isn't any of those, but he would be the 2nd line center in Nash behind Johannson.

Bonino wasn't playing behind Crosby and Malkin, where he could thrive behind two of the best centers in the NHL, in Nashville. Brassard has no chance to play top 6 in Pgh unless he moves to wing, but in Nashville, he would for sure.

bfgrad

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2018, 03:35:19 PM »

Madden's most recent column opines on Kessel and Sprong. http://triblive.com/sports/columnists/markmadden/13632751-74/mark-madden-penguins-phil-kessel-is-the-anti-player

He finds similarities between Kessel and Sprong. He claims Kessel isn't a great practice player and doesn't have much use for systematic drills. He claims Sullivan isn't thrilled about having to work with Sprong, implying Sullivan doesn't care for working with Kessel either.

Personally, I find it disconcerting when a head coach is so set on doing things a certain way, he can't tolerate non-conformists.

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2018, 09:21:20 PM »

Madden's most recent column opines on Kessel and Sprong. http://triblive.com/sports/columnists/markmadden/13632751-74/mark-madden-penguins-phil-kessel-is-the-anti-player

He finds similarities between Kessel and Sprong. He claims Kessel isn't a great practice player and doesn't have much use for systematic drills. He claims Sullivan isn't thrilled about having to work with Sprong, implying Sullivan doesn't care for working with Kessel either.

Personally, I find it disconcerting when a head coach is so set on doing things a certain way, he can't tolerate non-conformists.

I heard this before about Sullivanís attitude towards Sprong which is why I donít believe Sprong will be on the roster for long next season. He will not get a fair shot IMO

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2018, 08:31:51 AM »

I did read yesterday that the Pens are only on the hook for 3 million for Brassard for next season which makes keeping him almost regardless of role a no brainer.

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2018, 09:29:25 AM »

I did read yesterday that the Pens are only on the hook for 3 million for Brassard for next season which makes keeping him almost regardless of role a no brainer.

Yes, Vegas picked up some of his contract in the trade and I think Ottawa is also paying a part of it

bfgrad

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2018, 03:17:49 PM »

LV picked up 2M/yr of Brassard's 5M/yr contract.

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2018, 09:24:38 PM »

Noticed that Reaves has been in the lineup for Vegas the past 5 or 6 games. I havenít seen any goals or assists from him, but I have seen him lay some nice hits. Put a Jet over the boards and into the bench the last game. Wonder if GMJR is sending some angry texts to Sullivan? LOL

bfgrad

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2018, 06:39:03 PM »

Even if JR did, Sullivan wouldn't care...

In other news Pens sign a 6' 190lb Finnish LH d-man, via P-G:

The Penguins have reportedly signed 24-year-old Finnish defenseman Juuso Riikola, according to Darren Dreger of TSN.

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2018, 08:12:18 PM »

In other news, Craig Patrick is still texting Edzo about his use of Andre Roy!

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2018, 10:42:14 PM »

In other news, Craig Patrick is still texting Edzo about his use of Andre Roy!

That's why I put the LOL in there. Thought I would just poke the bear!

bfgrad

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2018, 07:46:08 AM »

Story in the PG quotes Rutherford saying he's looking for a better (presumably than Ruhwedel) 3rd pairing d-man so minutes can be spread more evenly among the 3 pairs and Letang won't play 25+ mins/game and therefore make fewer mistakes. Rutherford also looking to bolster the 4th line so ice time is more even among 4 lines, too.

This is the second time this season Rutherford has pointed these two areas of concern out. We'll see if Sullivan continues to ignore the hints he's getting from his boss.

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2018, 08:15:07 AM »

Story in the PG quotes Rutherford saying he's looking for a better (presumably than Ruhwedel) 3rd pairing d-man so minutes can be spread more evenly among the 3 pairs and Letang won't play 25+ mins/game and therefore make fewer mistakes. Rutherford also looking to bolster the 4th line so ice time is more even among 4 lines, too.

This is the second time this season Rutherford has pointed these two areas of concern out. We'll see if Sullivan continues to ignore the hints he's getting from his boss.

It is funny that Rutherford is coming out and saying this again because Sullivan comes out and says Letang is the type of player that needs more minutes to "get in the groove of the game" and plays better the more he plays. I feel a big trade is gonna happen and Rutheford is going to shake up this team for the better
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8