PSB

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome - Use login button below to enter.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: NBA PLAYOFFS  (Read 2162 times)

BALDWINTRACK

• All State
NBA PLAYOFFS
« on: April 12, 2018, 08:32:54 AM »

East
1. Toronto vs 8. Washington
4. Cleveland bs 5. Indiana
3. Philadelphia vs 6. Miami
2. Boston vs 7. Milwaukee

West
1. Houston vs 8. Minnesota
4. Oklahoma City vs 5. Utah
3. Portland vs 6. New Orleans
2. Golden State vs 7. San Antonio

Jerry

• Hall of Fame
Re: NBA PLAYOFFS
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 08:37:16 AM »

Even though I don't watch them I love the way they do their playoffs.

If MLB would go to that, I'd probably go back to watching. But they don't and they won't.

Tiger4Lyfe

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 03:35:47 PM »

the playoffs would go into January with that format

Jerry

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018, 07:05:38 PM »

Nah, you put six teams in playoffs like now only seed them. No more three best records on the same division having to play each other to get anywhere like it happened a couple of times.

BALDWINTRACK

• All State
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2018, 09:33:12 AM »

Goden State, Toronto, Philadelphia and New Orleans take 1-0 leads

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2018, 07:48:51 PM »

6th seed New Orleans Pelicans sweep the #3 seed Portland Trailblazers to advance to the second round. First time the Pelicans get to the second round since 2008 when they upset the Mavericks. I would love to see them give Golden State some trouble

Gotta love any team from New Orleans IMO!

Downriver

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2018, 07:55:44 PM »

Pelicans are looking good.  Davis had 47 and Holiday had 41.  Sixers are also looking very dangerous.  They are just loaded with mobile big men and shooters.

KidRaven

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2018, 12:01:13 AM »

Pelicans are looking good.  Davis had 47 and Holiday had 41.  Sixers are also looking very dangerous.  They are just loaded with mobile big men and shooters.

NO sweeping Portland was a stunner. 
Uniontown Red Raider Basketball: 1770-597 Record
4 PIAA Titles; 8 WPIAL Titles; 47 Section Titles

BALDWINTRACK

• All State
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2018, 01:01:33 PM »

Cavs got a big game tonight down 2-1 to the Pacers. Need some of the younger guys to step up. James canít do it all. Iím fairly worried about this series. Indiana plays really hard.

coach99

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2018, 03:00:32 PM »

I love high school basketball and college ball, but I have just never been interested in the pro game at all.  I know so great athletes, but just does not 'grab' me...the run and dunk etc. I am sick of all the pro athletes anymore..in every sport (maybe not hockey) with their behaviors and attitudes.  So, one less set of millionaires to  have to deal with is fine with me. :)

BALDWINTRACK

• All State
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2018, 03:59:32 PM »

Of any city in America, Pittsburgh has to be the one where the nba is the least popular. Kind of amazes me how oblivious many people around here are to the popularity of the nba.

Tiger4Lyfe

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2018, 05:01:41 PM »

I don't follow it at all, sometimes in playoffs or finals. I liked Portland's Lillard and McCollum, watched a little bit of their losses to NO. Still like OKC but I got to be bored af to watch NBA.

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2018, 07:58:32 PM »

Of any city in America, Pittsburgh has to be the one where the nba is the least popular. Kind of amazes me how oblivious many people around here are to the popularity of the nba.

I personally have very little interest in the NBA. it think college basketball is more intriguing to watch than the NBA. I know it's an old clichť but when the last two minutes of a game takes almost a half an hour with all the fouls and timeouts, I'm out. Give me a sport like hockey where the puck is always moving

I will sometimes tune in during the NBA playoffs. I would love to see Golden State lose and New Orleans is an interesting team to watch

BALDWINTRACK

• All State
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2018, 09:01:08 PM »

I donít mind if you donít watch it. My gripe is that many sports fans in Pittsburgh have no concept that the NBA is second to the NFL in ratings and national interest.

Tiger4Lyfe

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2018, 09:43:27 PM »

NBA is also fastest growing sports league in world for viewership for quite awhile because of Asia. But if you break it all down, the NBA is #5 in "national interest" in the USA behind the NFL, MLB, NCAAFB, and auto racing. There is no growth here, the same 6% that were  NBA fans are NBA fans in 2015. Ratings wise, the NBA is #2, that's true(3 out of every 4 years, soccer will beat the NBA this year).

Fastest growing: NFL +8% in 30 years
Lost interest: MLB -7% in 30 years but still triples the NBA

NHL tripled it fans in last 30 years. And from an interest standpoint is effectively tied with the NBA. 6%

Ratings: Big events, NBA Finals is 4th-6th depending if it's Olympics and/or World Cup year. Super Bowl, World Series, and NCAA football playoffs beat the Finals.

Super Bowl doesn't just dominate sports, it dominates television. 19 of top 20 most watched broadcasts are Super Bowls. MASH finale is #9, 80% of the country's televisions were tuned in. 2017 the top 10 is 7 football games, Trump's inauguration(#9), the Oscars(#8), and a Trump address to Congress(state of union)(#4). All happened in first 2 months of year.

2016: 2 football games, a post-game show, game 7 WS, oscars,  and 5 political(4 debates and Trump RNC acceptance speech) 1 of the debates was vice president but that was a feisty election year

2015: 9 football related(5 games and  3 post games and the Blacklist which aired after the SB post-game) but NCAA has 2 and The Oscars
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 10:12:36 PM by Tiger4Lyfe »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6