PSB

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome - Use login button below to enter.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Palm Sunday / Easter Sunday  (Read 566 times)

hardhitter

• Varsity
Re: Palm Sunday / Easter Sunday
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2018, 05:44:50 AM »

Nicky.

Have you ever heard of a soup called Caplets?  My grandmother used to make it on occasion.   I believe there is a different, longer name for them too.   They are very similar to tortellini and I think she used to stuff them with veal?

Is the veal pasta possibly called Cappelletti or Agnolotti?  Do those ring a bell?  It's all I can think of offhand right now.  I will try to investigate further and reply on Saturday!

You nailed it!  It's definitely Cappelletti!    Thanks.
No one in the family has tried to make it since my grandmother passed.   It was one of my favorites.

Nicky

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2018, 03:29:03 PM »

My dad also mentioned a loose tomato based Sauce called "Cajoots" that is full of carrots, onions, peppers.... basically all vegetables.  Can be tossed with pasta, but often times back in the 40's, 50's, etc....the old Italian ladies would make it with even more tomatoes than called for and eat it like a soup with bread. 

I'll ask my older aunts about the cappelletti soup!
"there is a light that never goes out"

hardhitter

• Varsity
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2018, 09:31:59 PM »

I'm sure everyone does something different with the Capplets.  My grandmother just served them in chicken broth and romano cheese.   Simple but good.

Nicky

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2018, 12:42:11 AM »

I'm sure everyone does something different with the Capplets.  My grandmother just served them in chicken broth and romano cheese.   Simple but good.

OH yes.  What you mention is one of the most revered and classic of Italian dishes.  Pasta "En Brodo" it's called.  One of the best!
"there is a light that never goes out"
Pages: 1 [2]