PSB

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome - Use login button below to enter.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: March Madness  (Read 3201 times)

KidRaven

• Hall of Fame
Re: March Madness
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2018, 10:53:28 PM »

Marshall wins Conference USA and is dancing for the first time in 31 years. Would be cool if they put WVU and Marshall against each other in Pittsburgh in Thursday.
Uniontown Red Raider Basketball: 1770-597 Record
4 PIAA Titles; 8 WPIAL Titles; 47 Section Titles

Bob.Gregg.WJPA.Radio

• Hall of Fame
  • That's why they actually PLAY the games....
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2018, 06:26:28 PM »

so much for that idea.

WVU is playing Murray State in San Diego.
Marshall's got Wichita Sate, also in San Diego.

IF they both win, then you'll get the matchup, but not at PPG

KidRaven

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2018, 08:21:45 PM »

so much for that idea.

WVU is playing Murray State in San Diego.
Marshall's got Wichita Sate, also in San Diego.

IF they both win, then you'll get the matchup, but not at PPG

Weird they were a seed of from having them play in the first round.  Also weird they shipped them out West.

Also it comes as no shock that once again Syracuse ends up on the good side of the bubble. They make it as the final team.  Other teams in that were iffy to me: Oklahoma and Arizona State. 

The committee always caters to Cuse because they travel well.
Uniontown Red Raider Basketball: 1770-597 Record
4 PIAA Titles; 8 WPIAL Titles; 47 Section Titles

Nicky

• Hall of Fame
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 10:56:48 PM by Nicky »
"there is a light that never goes out"

Tiger4Lyfe

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2018, 05:47:27 PM »

Oklahoma has Trae Young, my only guess for why they got in, they were terrible down the stretch. 2-6 in February

Downriver

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2018, 06:37:45 PM »

NIT looks really good this year.  Should be some excellent matchups.

coach99

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2018, 07:42:11 PM »

I must have been in a total fog, but I did not know anything about Pittsburgh being an NCAA site till I saw the brackets.   I don't recall seeing any ads to sell tickets or anything.  I don't live my life listening to sports talk, so maybe those stations had something...but usually the local sports reports on tv nightly would say something before hand.  Nothing until they announced who was coming to town.

Nicky

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2018, 07:56:56 PM »

My pick for underrated first round game is Houston/SDSU.  Both teams really good, and actually thought SDSU may have gotten underseeded.  Both teams definitely capable of winning a game (Houston maybe 2 games) so kind of unlucky they got drawn against each other.

SDSU leads into my next thought.  Most years, the talking heads always harp on about #12 teams winning games.  I actually think that this year, almost every #10 and #11 seeds have chances to win. 

Lots of people picking New Mexico State, South Dakota State and Wright State as darkhorses who may throw a scare into some of the big boys and pull an upset.

It's gonna be GREAT on Thursday/Friday.  Two of my favorite sports days of the year!

Nicky

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2018, 08:03:26 PM »

NIT looks really good this year.  Should be some excellent matchups.

NIT is loaded!!  USC, Baylor, Louisville, St Mary's and Oklahoma St are all for real.  MTSU and Louisville would be an insane second round game!  Boise State and Washington is gonna be a great first round game. 

Louisiana-Lafayette and Boston College were playing as good as anybody in the country the last month of the season. 

Will definitely watch some of these games on TV.

Nicky

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2018, 08:12:48 PM »

Mon March 12

CIT
Central Michigan over IPFW
Drake over Abilene-Christian
Liberty over NC A&T
San Diego over Hartford
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 12:37:02 AM by Nicky »

Nicky

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2018, 12:36:29 AM »

Tuesday March 13

NCAA
Radford over LIU
St Bonaventure over UCLA

NIT
St Mary's over SE Louisiana
Oregon over Rider
Ok State over FGCU
Notre Dame over Hampton
WKU over BC
MTSU over Vermont
Louisville over NKU
Baylor over Wagner
USC vs UNC-Asheville (late)

CBI
Utah Valley over Eastern Washington

Bob.Gregg.WJPA.Radio

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2018, 09:17:30 AM »

UNC-Asheville soiled the sheets twice late, once in regulation, once in OT, to lose to a very disinterested USC team.

coach99

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2018, 12:02:08 PM »

It seemed I always had an end of the school day study hall assignment in my own classroom, so I would turn the tv set on and we would watch the early game of NCAA. One of my fav memories.  Also, a group of teachers would always have a sweet 16 drawing where we put five or ten bucks in a pot and drew a team name out of a hat.  We varied that up and sometimes would draw a number 1-16 and you could select any team you wanted.  Getting #16 was a bitch :)  I preferred drawing a name so I did not feel so dumb picking an early loser myself :)

Tiger4Lyfe

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2018, 01:07:19 PM »

My pick for underrated first round game is Houston/SDSU.  Both teams really good, and actually thought SDSU may have gotten underseeded.  Both teams definitely capable of winning a game (Houston maybe 2 games) so kind of unlucky they got drawn against each other.

SDSU leads into my next thought.  Most years, the talking heads always harp on about #12 teams winning games.  I actually think that this year, almost every #10 and #11 seeds have chances to win. 

Lots of people picking New Mexico State, South Dakota State and Wright State as darkhorses who may throw a scare into some of the big boys and pull an upset.

It's gonna be GREAT on Thursday/Friday.  Two of my favorite sports days of the year!

I dont know if he is still there but SDS win would set up a Steve Fisher vs Michigan matchup. He was the coach of Michigan when they won 1989 national title and had Glen Rice, Steve Smith, etc and then the FAB 5 in 1991

edit: nope he retired last year
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 01:10:06 PM by Tiger4Lyfe »

Bob.Gregg.WJPA.Radio

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2018, 02:20:15 PM »

It seemed I always had an end of the school day study hall assignment in my own classroom, so I would turn the tv set on and we would watch the early game of NCAA. One of my fav memories.  Also, a group of teachers would always have a sweet 16 drawing where we put five or ten bucks in a pot and drew a team name out of a hat.  We varied that up and sometimes would draw a number 1-16 and you could select any team you wanted.  Getting #16 was a bitch :)  I preferred drawing a name so I did not feel so dumb picking an early loser myself :)
We have 16 people, put in $20, draw numbers then draft 1->16, 16->1.  Then draw numbers again and draft the rest...
It's like TWO CRAP SHOOTS in 45 minutes....might be fun to just throw all 64 names (First Four teams are Two-fer-Ones) in the hat and draw them out...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8