PSB

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome - Use login button below to enter.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 23

Author Topic: Penguins Regular Season Part 3  (Read 3242 times)

hs

• Hall of Fame
Re: Penguins Regular Season Part 3
« Reply #90 on: March 11, 2018, 07:43:18 PM »

DeSmith in net, same lines as yesterday for the Pens. Letís see how the the defense does tonight

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #91 on: March 11, 2018, 08:08:58 PM »

Pens not getting too many shots to start this game but they are able to get a power play goal from Hornqvist to make it 1-0 over Dallas. Crosby and Malkin get the assists

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #92 on: March 11, 2018, 08:19:59 PM »

Oleksiak scores with only 3 seconds left in the period to give the Pens a 2-0 lead! What a snipe by Oleksiak.

Penguins needed a start like this

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #93 on: March 11, 2018, 09:23:12 PM »

Pens up 2-1 after two periods. Pens are 1 for 5 on the power play and still is not looking that good

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #94 on: March 11, 2018, 09:56:16 PM »

Dallas has taken 3 cross checking penalties in this game so far. Pens needed to make them pay for that by scoring a couple more goals but now they are clinging to a 2-1 lead late in the 3rd   

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #95 on: March 11, 2018, 10:08:45 PM »

Malkin with the empty net goal to make it 3-1 Pens with less than a minute to play!

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #96 on: March 11, 2018, 10:14:15 PM »

That's a wrap! Pens win this game 3-1. Pens looked so much better tonight than last night. They came to play tonight. Was it DeSmith looked really good or the Penguins defense looked so much better? DeSmith was good but the Pens defense was a thousand times better tonight than last night. If Jarry had this defense last night, he might've had a fighting chance. I hope Sullivan takes this into consideration when he names a starting goalie for Wednesday's game.

And in other news, Brassard did nothing

bfgrad

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #97 on: March 11, 2018, 10:46:01 PM »

I donít like this John Forslund announcer on NBC sports. Where is Doc Emrick?

There was a national game on NBC this afternoon Chi vs Bos, didn't watch, but Emrick/Edzo probably did that game.

bfgrad

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #98 on: March 11, 2018, 10:54:31 PM »

This game was a good response to the fiasco last night in Toronto. The defense was much tighter and the Pens were using their sticks to good advantage breaking up a lot of Dallas plays. Malkin continues to play a great 2 way game, the best I've ever seen. I'm not sure that Rutherford likes seeing Malkin get involved in the rough stuff, but he's a big guy.

Still don't like the Brassard acquisition, but I do see he's usually in good position and is decent using his stick to break up plays on defense. But he is just completely unphysical and doesn't seem to like contact. I guess I could see how he might be good as a top 6 center, but what the Pens want from a 3C he is not. I think a good comparison might be Nick Spaling.

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #99 on: March 12, 2018, 04:02:05 PM »

I thought that Brassard looked fine? Just IMO.

As for the game itself I thought that the Pens looked really good. Dallas was unusually undisciplined (as noted above) but the Pens moved the puck well both 5 on 5 and on the PP and defended well aside from a few hiccups. It was obvious just from watching who the superior team was last night. Lehottenen  (sp?) played a solid game for Dallas.

They are on national TV again a couple of times this week (both the NYR and MTL games are on NBCSN).

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #100 on: March 12, 2018, 11:16:06 PM »

Congratulations need to be given as Marc Andre Fleury notches his 400th win today in beating the Flyers 3-2. Needs only 7 more win to get into the top 10 and who knows how many more he will get after that.

An awesome accomplishment and he beats the hated Flyers. Congratulations again to Fleury!

KidRaven

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #101 on: March 13, 2018, 10:19:01 AM »

Ovechkin also hit a big milestone last night as he notched his 600th career goal. 
Uniontown Red Raider Basketball: 1769-597 Record
4 PIAA Titles; 8 WPIAL Titles; 47 Section Titles

emm8

• All State
« Reply #102 on: March 13, 2018, 12:42:37 PM »

Ovechkin also hit a big milestone last night as he notched his 600th career goal.

Even more impressive when you throw in that he becomes only the 4th player in history to do it in 1,000 games or less.  He joins only: Gretzky, Lemieux, and Hull (Brett).

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #103 on: March 13, 2018, 07:51:59 PM »

Wow that is quite the list! Good for Ovie!

And congrats to MAF as well!

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #104 on: March 14, 2018, 07:22:48 PM »

Rust is a game time decision for tonight but is expected to play on the 3rd line with Sheahan and Brassard. DeSmith was first off the ice so he will probably start tonight over Jarry.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 23