PSB

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the New PSB

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Jeepers  (Read 3369 times)

bfgrad

• Hall of Fame
Re: Jeepers
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2017, 01:43:19 PM »

An update on Harry. I was at the local Petsmart a few weeks ago. I always stop by to see the cats. One of the employees came in and we chatted a bit. I mentioned I'd brought a cat in and she asked what the cat's name was. I said "Harry" and she exclaimed "I adopted Harry!". She had 7 cats and recently lost 1 so I guess she was looking for a replacement. It was love at first sight with Harry. She said he's doing great and has found a playmate among the other cats. She showed me a couple pictures and he is clearly loved and cared for. What a happy ending!

Tiger4Lyfe

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2017, 05:37:31 AM »

that's good to know Harry will be well looked after.

We haven't got a new pal for Smokey yet, although Skittles was never really nice to anyone including Smokey, I still think she misses her. She's still like really attention seeking and doesn't seem to know how to act being able to do and go whatever/wherever she wants. Smokey looked to be double the size of Skittles and Im sure could wallop her if it came to it but she always let the grumpy old Skittles dominate. It was cute. A year or so ago we got Skittles a new kitty bed(like a little cushioned hamper, little dogs use them too https://www.amazon.com/Armarkat-22-Inch-19-Inch-Laurel-Green/dp/B003BYQ0CE that is the exact one I bought for Skittles) because her's was old and actually used with 2 or 3 cats. A week or two after Skittles passed, I cleaned it up real well, and took Smokey's and put it in the shed. Smokey would not lay in it, I ended up going back to the shed and got her regular one. I leave em both out and I've never seen Smokey chill out in Skittles bed yet. Maybe she just likes hers. She has started actually getting up into our bed in the morning and chilling next to my wife until one of us gives her her wet food(1/2 can of wet food and fill other side with dry every morning + few treats in PM daily is her diet), when Skittles was alive she layed there next to my wife and Smoky would lay on floor on top of her slippers. So Smoky's still acting kind of weird.

We'll probably get a new kitty soon. My wife seriously wanted to pay almost $1500 AND drive to like Vermont or New Hampshire to pick up and buy one of those Scottish Fold cats in late February and I wouldn't let her do it. Think she's still mad about it but I dont care. We had bad luck with pure-bred cats. When I met my wife she had a white Persian cat that died at a young age(under 5) with a hip issue. Then I got her another one and same exact thing, dead before age 7. Awesome cats too. Regular cats for me after that.

bfgrad

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2017, 07:31:28 AM »

There are many great cats at BCHS. I'm sure you'll find one. There's probably friendly strays in BF that would make a great pet, too. The stray I took in is completely bonded to me and could not be sweeter.

Tiger4Lyfe

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2017, 01:16:50 AM »

yeah gonna get one soon, my wife been watching a lot of cat videos and that's why her obsessions with Scottish Folds, British Shorthairs, Norwegian Forest cats have been going on so gonna get one before she finds an expensive one local. This upcoming weekend is her wkend off(every 3 weeks rotation) so we will try to stop by BCHS earlier, we tried 5-6 weeks ago around 5pm-5:30 and they were closed. Says 11am-4pm Saturdays. Another family wanted in too.

Other than the nose, DIAMOND looks like Skittles, Charlotte is like my Smoky

http://beavercountyhumanesociety.org/cats-available-adoption

what is a "tortie"?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 01:21:05 AM by Tiger4Lyfe »

bfgrad

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2017, 11:20:44 AM »

Tortoise shell coat. They are usually black, orange, white, brown all mixed together in patches of each color. They're really pretty cats and always female. I assume there's a gene that's only on female chromosomes that gives that coat type. Most orange/yellow tabby cats are male although mine is a female.

If BCHS isn't open, they supply cats to the Petsmart at the mall. You can always check out the cats there.

BCHS hours: Su-Mon closed
                  Tu/Th 11-7 PM
                  W/F/Sa 11-4PM
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 11:27:07 AM by bfgrad »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]