PSB

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome - Use login button below to enter.

Author Topic: Bucs 2018 Grapefruit in-season thread  (Read 412 times)

Nicky

• Hall of Fame
Bucs 2018 Grapefruit in-season thread
« on: February 25, 2018, 12:04:31 AM »

I know people are pissed at Nutting and boycotting the Bucs and whatnot, but I'm still a sucker.  I'll watch almost every game from now until Aug/Sept when football starts. 

No use using the offseason thread since Grapefruit League play has started, thus making us officially "in-season" now!

We can use this new thread every day to follow the Bucs throughout the Grapefruit preseason schedule.  Then we can start a new one for Opening Day thru the end of the season. 

Austin Meadeows had three hits in the Grapefruit opener.  Hopefully a sign of good things to come for years. 
"there is a light that never goes out"

Falcons01

• Varsity
Re: Bucs 2018 Grapefruit in-season thread
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2018, 12:57:10 PM »

Bats have been slow in the first 2 games which is usually the case in spring ball.  Polanco did homer yesterday.

The pitching has been solid but again that is usually the case early in ST.

Glasnow will get the start today but I keep hearing he is a legit candidate to start off in the bullpen with the hopes of him getting some confidence with short bursts before trying him again in the rotation.  Nonetheless, he needs stretched out.

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2018, 06:00:11 PM »

So I remember in one of the threads last season "insider info" that Block/Walk were both being forced out and Blass retiring, but I looked on the Pirates website, googled, etc, and it looks like the same crew is back? (Brown/Block/Walk/Wehner/Blass). Can anyone confirm this or deny this? I have not purchased  my mlbtv package yet.

Nicky

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2018, 08:07:53 PM »

Same crew minus Teke at the post-game booth.  I can't stand Wehner.  Walk is a blowhard who's way too full of himself.  Don't mind Block most of the time.  Love Brown's enthusiasm but his fake laugh is in the running for the all time GOAT fake laugh!
"there is a light that never goes out"

BALDWINTRACK

• All State
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2018, 08:39:16 PM »

I think Michael McKenry “The Fort” is replacing the retired Teke.

Block is my favorite because he actually is a baseball fan. I do not think any of the others would watch a game they were paid to be at. They know little to nothing about opponents.

bfgrad

• Hall of Fame