PSB

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome - Use login button below to enter.

Author Topic: Mount St. joe's - John Carroll  (Read 202 times)

yepper

• All State
Mount St. joe's - John Carroll
« on: February 12, 2018, 10:53:36 PM »

@ M.S.J.

1Q  J.C. 18 - 13

2Q  M.S.J. 42 - 33

3Q  M.S.J. 56 - 49

Final Mt. St. Joe's 78 John Carroll 71

M.S.J. now 26 - 3 and john Carroll is 21 - 6

M.S.J. #23 - 323, #1 & 5 & 10 all with 12, 4-3's and 24 of 27 FT

John Carroll #3 - 23 and #11 with 15, 7-3's and 12 of 23 FT

Terrific Baltimore Catholic League game. John Carroll with no answer for #23 (Smith, going to Md.) either defending the lob, or sending him to the FT line. He was 13 of 15 there. j.C. got it down to 3 once in the third and again down to 2 with 43 seconds left. they battled foul trouble all night.  Kentucky recruit Quickley from John Carroll went down late in the 4th quarter following some knee to knee contact. He was able to return to the game.

This is why I love gyms and being there. The place was SRO. Sitting behind the J.C. bench, opposite was the M.S.J. student section, maybe 100+ strong, chanting various comments at the J.C. players. People are standing along both baselines and behind the seating opposite me. To my left is the 'pep' band probably 35 strong. They performed various 'skits' while Carroll was shooting their foul shots. They had a sack race. They had a coxswain and crew. They had a tug of war. They went bowling with one kid pushing another who rolled into a standing group, some of whom fell and others not. All this was done in silence and with each Carroll miss, they cheered. Nothing demeaning or crude. It was great fun! I loved it!