PSB

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome - Use login button below to enter.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 93.7 - Still awful after these years  (Read 896 times)

bfgrad

• Hall of Fame
Re: 93.7 - Still awful after these years
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2018, 01:08:38 PM »

Pompeianni has a perfect media voice. Why CBS did not send Filiponi and Mueller to broadcast school to teach them how to lose their accents amazes me. Filiponi is perfectly fine doing radio in Buffalo where everyone sounds just like he does, but being in a different market, his accent is excrutiating to hear. Mueller was hired via those open auditions; he needed to learn radio broadcasting from the bottom up. Cook, Dunlap, Ziese, they're print media guys, so their voice is their voice.

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2018, 02:46:09 PM »

I used to have a job at FedEx Ground and had to be at work at 2:00 AM. Mueeler had his start doing the early morning show on the Fan and I would listen to it on the way to work and I liked it a lot. He would talk about everything and it was enjoyable but since he got paired up with Starky, IMO, it hasn't worked. I can't see it being any better with Filiponi

bfgrad

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2018, 09:24:54 PM »

I guess these days sports talk radio runs on controversy, manufactured or otherwise, at least during the week from 6AM until 6PM. There's a 15 minute segment on a topic, then that's over and another segment on some other topic. That style fits Dunlap, Mack, Mueller and Filiponi to a T.

Indians87

• All State
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2018, 12:28:29 AM »

970 ESPN radio on the iHeartRadio app.  You get Crystal clear coverage.
Pages: 1 [2]