PSB

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome - Use login button below to enter.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: 2018 NFL Offseason  (Read 2002 times)

hs

• Hall of Fame
Re: 2018 NFL Offseason
« Reply #75 on: March 29, 2018, 08:29:06 PM »

But that is not what this new rules says. if you lower your head and you make contact with someone, no matter where on the body, it's a 15 yard penalty. So I interpret that as offense or defense. If it not called on offensive players then the defensive players are going to have a huge gripe.

As I said earlier, if I was a defensive player and I saw someone lower their head I would just stand straight up and let him hit me and let the ref make the call. But I guess we can go round and round on this. We will have to wait and see what the refs are willing to call when the season starts

Tiger4Lyfe

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #76 on: March 29, 2018, 10:11:43 PM »

It is a foul if a player lowers his head to initiate and make contact with his helmet against an opponent.

That's the rule, an offensive ballcarrier isn't lowering their head to iniate contact, that's not their intent almost every single time. This isn't tough to see what they are trying to accomplish here. Now they spend 2-3 months working out with refs how it will be enforced.

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #77 on: April 03, 2018, 06:16:08 PM »

Patriots send Brandin Cooks and a 4th round pick to the Rams for their 23rd overall pick and their 6th round pick.

Patriots now have the 23rd and 31st picks in the first round of the draft

Tiger4Lyfe

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #78 on: April 03, 2018, 09:16:43 PM »

Rams are loaded. The Rams, Eagles, and Vikings should all be at the top of the NFC again

Maybe the Pats want Lamar Jackson? Pick 31 wouldn't of got him, Jaguars will take him at 29. I also read last week Bellichick loves the Richmond Spiders QB, they could get him on day 2 or maybe even day 3. If they keep the picks, McDaniels is gonna have a nice young core of players when he takes over for Bill  in a year or three.

Cooks was great when Brady actually targeted him. Frustrating guy to own in fantasy, same with Hogan and Amendola. Some games they didn't throw to receivers at all really, the only people catching passes was RBs and Gronk. Sort of like a modern version of sticking to the run game. I bet they offered Cooks a contract that was below what he's worth and when he refused they traded him because he's in his final year of his contract, it's how they do things. That offense looks weak though, 3 white guys playing receiver.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 09:23:01 PM by Tiger4Lyfe »

Tiger4Lyfe

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #79 on: April 04, 2018, 01:35:53 PM »

Steelers bring back Stevan Ridley on 1 yr deal

Ravens sign Robert Griffin III to 1 yr contract

Tiger4Lyfe

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #80 on: April 09, 2018, 10:55:37 AM »

really wish the Steelers would try to move up, I know they won't but this team is in win now mode and kid like Roquan Smith could fill the hole Bostic isn't(he'll be adequate, just adequate). They would have to get into top 10. 28 to 9 is probably too far. Smith is the player I've really fell in love with. I think he will be outstanding. Complete freak, if Shazier did come back in 2019, Smith can truly play any LB position. He could be Ryan Shazier's replacement in 2018 and Bud Dupree's in 2019.

Tiger4Lyfe

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #81 on: April 13, 2018, 01:07:41 PM »

Cowboys released Dez Bryant

Downriver

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
« Reply #82 on: April 13, 2018, 02:03:01 PM »

Cowboys released Dez Bryant

With a $16.5 mil cap hit and the fact he's averaged less than 700 yards a season the past 3 years, it's a great move on the Cowboy's part.  Throw in the fact he's a prima donna and a team would probably have to get him cheap or be desperate to want to take a chance.  Should be interesting to see where he lands.

BALDWINTRACK

• All State
« Reply #83 on: April 13, 2018, 06:23:22 PM »

I donít disagree with any of that on Bryant. But if he winds up on a team with a QB that can actually throw the ball down the field, he will be better. Iím gonna say he goes to Chicago or buffalo.

Tiger4Lyfe

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #84 on: April 13, 2018, 08:22:17 PM »

Sounds like he wants to stay in NFC East. Play Cowboys twice a year. I agree if he teams up with a good QB he will have a good year.

Dez definitely isn't worth 16.5m(cap hit, salary was 12.5m) but I was still surprised they cut him just because they have nobody besides Elliott at the skill positions. Brice Butler, Terrence Williams , and Cole Beasley are all similar  receivers and none are worthy of being a #2 let alone #1 WR. They must be planning to address WR in the draft.

edit: I guess they have Allen Hurns now and he can play outside but they still need a top tier WR, Hurns says he won't wear #88 this year, he will wear #17 in honor of Parkland/Douglas victims
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 08:32:13 PM by Tiger4Lyfe »

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #85 on: April 13, 2018, 08:31:44 PM »

I donít disagree with any of that on Bryant. But if he winds up on a team with a QB that can actually throw the ball down the field, he will be better. Iím gonna say he goes to Chicago or buffalo.

Absolutely. He suffered more than anyone from the Romo to Prescott downgrade at QB.

I will also say about him, despite his "prima donna" reputation, he cares about winning. He's not some sideshow clown i.e. Chad 85. He's also tough as nails. Yes, he misses time from numerous ailments, but some people are just prone to injuries (such as Beau Bennett of Penguins fame). Being injured and types of injuries have nothing to do with toughness...it's how one responds to said ailments, and Bryant would play when "doubtful" and typically play well coming off of major injuries such as fractures. He has many admirable qualities.

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #86 on: April 16, 2018, 10:41:35 AM »

James Harrison announces his retirement today. I'm sure it will be a debate today on the talk shows if he is a hall of famer. I say no but what does everyone else think?

Tiger4Lyfe

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #87 on: April 16, 2018, 11:38:12 AM »

I think he will get in at some point, maybe through the vets committee like I think Hines Ward will need to get in.

Steelers all-time sack leader(this is huge like Ward being all-time receptions leader and the people he passed already being HOF), greatest play in SB history or at least one of the top 2 or 3. 4 Super Bowls, 2 super bowl rings. He's done enough. He didn't become a starter until he was almost 30 which I think helps him in an odd way. NFL Rules were created because of him.

If Terrell Davis(in due to prolific 6 year career), Lynn Swann(in for iconic SB play),  and Joe Namath(in for impact on history of game, first million dollar athlete, his guarantee, SB3 win cemented upcoming merger and AFL as legit) are in HOF, Harrison should be.

Good news for him is he didn't play a position that will leave him buried behind more accomplished players like Hines Ward and Alan Faneca(all lineman, not just guards and centers). He'll be lumped in with defensive ends and all pass rushers I guess, Julius Peppers is retiring soon and so is Dwight Freeney, I think Allen already did but Harrison has a better resume than Jared Allen imo when his Super Bowls are thrown in.

An extra ring in 2017 would of been a boost. He also should of been the MVP of SB 43, that would help but everyone that saw that play will remember it. He and Larry Fitzgerald affected that game the most.

Mean Joe Greene had 78.5 unofficial sacks, LC Greenwood 73.5,  Harrison 80.5. Obviously different positions than Greene(DT) but it goes to my point of Harrison being at the top of the team list like Ward(Swann, Stallworth)

other stats: 84.5 sacks (Bengals and Pats = 4 sacks), 793 tackles, 34 forced fumbles, 8 interceptions, 8 fumble recoveries, 1 regular season TD
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 12:01:59 PM by Tiger4Lyfe »

coach99

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #88 on: April 16, 2018, 07:49:52 PM »

Not quite sure of all the circumstances of his leaving the Steelers, but any change he would be given a one day contract to retire as a Steeler? If it would really mean anything to him ..or Steelers.

Tiger4Lyfe

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #89 on: April 16, 2018, 08:14:28 PM »

Idk about 1-day contract but he'll be invited for SB 43 10 years anniversary according to Bouchette
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8