PSB

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome - Use login button below to enter.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Pitt 2018  (Read 750 times)

Nicky

• Hall of Fame
Re: Pitt 2018
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2018, 01:44:28 PM »

Announced today that Pitt and Wisconsin will be playing a 2 year home and home series in 2026.  The game at Heinz will be in 2027.

Crazy how far in advance some of these series are signed.  WVU/ECU signed for 2026 as well.  Rutgers/BC for 2026 and 2027.  Syracuse signed bot Army and Notre Dame for 2025 and 2026.  Michigan/Oklahoma for 2025 and 2026.  Maryland/VT four games from 2026-2029!!!

Alabama/Texas is set for 2022 and 2023.  PSU/Auburn signed for 2021 and 22.  Those two series seem like tomorrow compared to the years 2025-2029!!!
"there is a light that never goes out"

KernKraft400

• Varsity
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2018, 07:53:24 PM »

Not sure if anybody caught some of the ACC media week stuff on ESPNU, but they briefly mentioned the schedules. In the ACC Coastal, both VT and Miami draw FSU from the other side.  And both Duke and GT draw Clemson.  Pitt gets Wake and Syracuse - literally two of the worst teams in the Atlantic.

People keep harping on about Pitt's strength of schedule, but it's all based on the out of conference games.  ACC Coastal isn't real strong, and Syracuse/Wake are barely Bowl eligible teams.  So Pitt can definitely make some hay within the conference games, where it counts most. 

Nicky

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2018, 10:12:29 AM »

In the ACC Coastal, both VT and Miami draw FSU from the other side.  And both Duke and GT draw Clemson.  Pitt gets Wake and Syracuse - literally two of the worst teams in the Atlantic...

No doubt, the four other teams in the Coastal that Pitt is battling with all drawing FSU/Clemson helps Pitt out a bit.  Especially Duke/GT getting Clemson.  And I think VT gets FSU in Week 1, so right out of the gate VT could be a game behind in the ACC Coastal.

I really think Pitt will hang with PSU/UCF and beat at least one of them.  I'm real worried about PSU down the line from 2019 on forward, because they've just been killing it in recruiting.  But right now, in 2018, they'll be a bit of a rebuild as all the frosh/sophs get experienced, especially on defense.  Getting them in early September helps Pitt even more, but I really think PSU will be a 3-5 loss team by years end. 

UCF is getting hype solely based on last year.  They are nowhere as good as last year.  They lost more than people think, including their entire coaching staff.  Most every media outlet barely has them as a 9 win, not even Top 25 team by years end.  Athlon's doesn't even have them in preseason Top 25. 

just IMO, but I think Pitt will outperform predictions.
"there is a light that never goes out"
Pages: 1 [2]