PSB

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome - Use login button below to enter.

Author Topic: Playoff Fantasy and Daily Fantasy  (Read 404 times)

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
Playoff Fantasy and Daily Fantasy
« on: January 05, 2018, 04:47:04 PM »

Does anyone else still play this time of the year?

I may do some daily.

And I always belong to a group that does a picks set for the playoffs.
It is QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, W/T, DST, K

You can have no more than one player from a team and your players are your players entire playoffs. So for instance everyone knows that they will have at least two players play only one game, and likelihood of winning games of course factors  (i.e if someone were to use Tyrod Taylor as their QB would be making a risky contrarian pick, or even for instance one may take the Bills defense hopin that they have one monster game even in a loss. It also forces one to pick between stars (i.e. one can have Brady or Gronk but not both). I have not figured out my lineup(s) yet  but any thoughts or hunches or strategies are welcome. This is the 6th or 7th time that I've done this now. And there is no bench to be clear so if riding Brees from the Wild Card on is your strategy but they flop and lose or he gets hurt you cannot replace him as your QB.

Tiger4Lyfe

• Hall of Fame
Re: Playoff Fantasy and Daily Fantasy
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2018, 08:04:58 PM »

I played DFS all the way through. Showdown games(4 offense, 2 defense) in SB. Did well on one, had Gronk in too many games to profit overall.

Now I play NHL and European soccer(do this year round for a few years), two sports I dont watch and I do better ROI-wise than any other sports. NFL I'm break even, maybe even slightly in red over long term. Soccer is my bread and butter, makes me the money to play NFL. Just study stats and know who is in-form and who isnt in EPL, La Liga, Serie A, Ligue 1, etc. There's a little more to it(know who takes free kicks and corners on each team and know which players are left and right backs and not centre backs) but I wont bore ya. A lot is having your lineup set with players that are actually in lineup at 7:30am Saturday morning our time, many Americans sleep thru the deadline. Been messing around with hockey this year and doing pretty good too especially in 40% paid games, got a top 10 in one couple weeks ago(the night Islanders and Red Wings played the 7-6 game) that allowed me to cashout some money.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 08:07:04 PM by Tiger4Lyfe »

Nicky

• Hall of Fame
Re: Playoff Fantasy and Daily Fantasy
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2018, 01:43:45 AM »

In a fantasy hockey league going on 25 years now, back to mid-90's since college with my buddies.  Goals, assists and penalty minutes were all much higher back then.  But we still love it.

I been in first place most of the year but dipping between first/second the past few weeks.  Getting big points from my main guns Malkin and Kucherov.  But absolutely killing it with secondary guys Anders Lee and Matthew Barzal from the Islanders and William Karlsson of the Golden Knights. 
"there is a light that never goes out"