PSB

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome - Use login button below to enter.

Author Topic: Great free wrestling site  (Read 425 times)

Downriver

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
Great free wrestling site
« on: January 04, 2018, 09:53:38 PM »

www.trackwrestling.com  If you go there you can pull up any team in PA, see match results, etc.  It takes a little time to figure it out, but it's well worth it.  I was at a match tonight and ended up being the scorekeeper for the one team as his wife went into labor.  LOL  The other scorekeeper turned me on to it when we were griping about the lack of box scores in the local papers.

Jerry

• Hall of Fame
Re: Great free wrestling site
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 11:35:57 PM »

This is a good example of what I was saying in the bb thread the other day. The good thing about newspapers sucking all over the USA is that more and more of these kinds of sites for almost any high school sport are popping up all over. Some times you need to be a junkie to find some of them. Many of the people running them are doing it as a labor of love, therefore they aren't spending money to get it out there. But when your a junkie like me they are there to be found. I don't care that I don't follow the sport or not, I just love this kind of stuff.

justafan

• Jr. Varsity
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2018, 08:52:19 PM »

www.trackwrestling.com  If you go there you can pull up any team in PA, see match results, etc.  It takes a little time to figure it out, but it's well worth it.  I was at a match tonight and ended up being the scorekeeper for the one team as his wife went into labor.  LOL  The other scorekeeper turned me on to it when we were griping about the lack of box scores in the local papers.
Just so the "scorekeepers" are good at what they do.  I was working the clock for the North Allegheny at Hampton match and after the match, the girl entering in information for NA asked if the score was right (34 - 32 Hampton) and I said "100% correct, why?"  Well, she had it as 23 - 3.   ::)    I didn't bother asking who she had winning!

Downriver

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2018, 11:13:04 PM »

Just so the "scorekeepers" are good at what they do.  I was working the clock for the North Allegheny at Hampton match and after the match, the girl entering in information for NA asked if the score was right (34 - 32 Hampton) and I said "100% correct, why?"  Well, she had it as 23 - 3.   ::)    I didn't bother asking who she had winning!

Funny you mentioned scorekeepers.  Myself and the other scorekeeper were comparing constantly during the match to make sure neither of us missed anything but, the clock operator was a mess.  He was constantly not putting scores up and several times didn't start the clock on restarts.  One time him not doing it added about 10 seconds to the one match.  The kid from my team ended up getting a pin that shouldn't have happened and cost the other team 3 team points.  Fortunately it didn't affect the outcome.  We told the ref and he said there was nothing he could do.  Funny thing is he is also the clock operator for the basketball team and also cost his team a game when an opponent hit a last second shot that shouldn't have counted but he was late starting the clock.  If I were the school, I think I'd find a more competent operator.  LOL

justafan

• Jr. Varsity
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2018, 09:57:14 PM »

I always tell those working the clocks that the time is the most important.  Easy to change/correct scores and the home scorebook should be the main evidence that the referee goes to, but the time of a match can influence a win or a loss.

Bob.Gregg.WJPA.Radio

• Hall of Fame
  • That's why they actually PLAY the games....
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2018, 11:06:04 AM »

WJPA Wrestling page for 2018 is up and running.

Team and Individual Tournament Schedules, Brackets, Listen Here links and FloWrestling update links, all in one place.
Also archive links to previous years' pages (some links there don't work because site tranfers--ie MSA is now Trib and they didn't get the wrestling broadcast archives)