PSB

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the New PSB-To login click login above username box

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22

Author Topic: Penguins Regular Season Part 2  (Read 2621 times)

bfgrad

• Hall of Fame
Re: Penguins Regular Season Part 2
« Reply #270 on: February 12, 2018, 03:21:32 PM »

PG had a blurb the other day reporting NYR will be sellers at the trade deadline, fwiw.

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #271 on: February 13, 2018, 12:45:50 PM »

PG had a blurb the other day reporting NYR will be sellers at the trade deadline, fwiw.

I am aware. Last week they wrote an open letter to their fans saying just that. Which if my team has a goalie of Lundvquist's ability my goal is to get in and go from there. With that said I tend to think that they will be shrewd this February/March with a goal of contending again next season.

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #272 on: February 13, 2018, 07:22:09 PM »

Guentzel scores on the power play to give the Pens a 1-0 lead! Schultz shot it and Guentzel deflected it in.

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #273 on: February 13, 2018, 07:49:49 PM »

Pens up 1-0 after one period. Good news is the Pens are up 1-0, bad news is the Senators controlled play for most of the period and were able to get off 11 shots. Penguins need to shore that up and not give so many chances to a bad team

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #274 on: February 13, 2018, 08:13:24 PM »

Ottawa scores to make it 1-1 and were very close to making it 2-1 if it wasnít for Murray making a good save. This is what happens when you let a bad team stay in the game

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #275 on: February 13, 2018, 08:14:37 PM »

Nice! Guentzel gets his second of the game off a juicy rebound to make it 2-1 Pens!

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #276 on: February 13, 2018, 08:30:12 PM »

Pens opening the game up now! Itís 4-1 now after goals by Malkin and Reese. Pens seem to have woke up after sleepwalking through the first 30 minutes of the game

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #277 on: February 13, 2018, 08:48:21 PM »

Ottawa gets one late so the Pens are up 4-2 after two periods. Pens have 4 goals but still have only been able to muster 11 shots. Senators are not going away so the Pens need to score a couple more to put this team away

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #278 on: February 13, 2018, 09:23:32 PM »

Quirky goal but the Pens will take it! Letang shoots it and it gets stuck in the goalies gear, puck falls out and slides into the goal. Pens take the lead 5-2. Crosby with 2 assists

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #279 on: February 13, 2018, 10:01:43 PM »

Pens win 6-3. Ottawa gets a power play late and score but ZAR gets his second goal of the game on a empty netter to make the game 6-3 and that is where it will end. Crosby gets 3 assists and Murray is now 6-0-1 in his last 7 games. Pens need to keep this up with 2 tough games ahead: Thursday against the Kings and Saturday the Maple Leafs come to town. Should be 2 good games 

KidRaven

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #280 on: February 13, 2018, 10:19:37 PM »

Non Pens news:

Seattle has applied for an expansion franchise and seems likely to happen as it would give the NHL 32 teams and they can balance each division with 8 teams. Do they just move a couple teams or go full on realignment for everyone?
Uniontown Red Raider Basketball: 1768-596 Record
4 PIAA Titles; 8 WPIAL Titles; 47 Section Titles

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #281 on: February 14, 2018, 08:10:30 AM »

Non Pens news:

Seattle has applied for an expansion franchise and seems likely to happen as it would give the NHL 32 teams and they can balance each division with 8 teams. Do they just move a couple teams or go full on realignment for everyone?

My fear is they would go full on realignment and probably screw it up. Being a Pens fan, my heart says to break up the Metro division since it is so difficult season after season but on the other hand if you make it into the playoffs out of the Metro you are already battle tested for a playoff run which I believed helped the Pens IMO

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #282 on: February 14, 2018, 08:12:35 AM »

Update on points standings:

Ovechkin has 1,096 points
Crosby has 1,092 points

Who will get to 1,100 first? Hopefully nerves don't hit Crosby and he goes into a points slump like he did with goal scoring!

Also Fleury is at 392 wins. He should be able to break the top 10 as the next couple in front of him has 401, 403 and 407. Fleury is in 13th place
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 08:14:54 AM by hs »

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #283 on: February 14, 2018, 09:28:49 AM »

Non Pens news:

My fear is they would go full on realignment and probably screw it up. Being a Pens fan, my heart says to break up the Metro division since it is so difficult season after season but on the other hand if you make it into the playoffs out of the Metro you are already battle tested for a playoff run which I believed helped the Pens IMO

I love being part of this division, even if it is tough. Remember them playing in the mid-1990s in the old Northeast with Boston, Hartford/Carolina, Buffalo, and the Canadian based teams (Quebec, Montreal, Ottawa). Fun division, especially at times (the 1995 race with Quebec is still a memorable battle) but it was just not the same not being in a division with Philly/Washington/NJ/NYI/NYR.

If anything, with two West teams being added, realignment in the East is almost unnecessary, aside from the ridiculous geography that has Florida teams playing basically the old Northeast teams. Regardless of realignment, though, maybe change the playoffs format. The biggest losers under the current structure are the middle of the pack Metropolitan teams (Philly, NYI, NYR, NJ, Car) who have struggled to or have outright missed the playoffs during this format despite often having descent teams. And of course the Capitals the past two years lol.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 09:36:03 AM by yannessa_is_god »

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #284 on: February 14, 2018, 10:40:53 AM »

I agree about the division YIG but concerning the playoffs, if the NHL would get rid of that loser point (getting 1 point by getting to overtime), I think a lot of the "I was a better team and didn't make the playoffs" would go away. I think without looking it up Philly has been able to take advantage of that the most this season and IMO, it takes away from the game watching teams in the last couple minutes try to preserve a tie to just get the game to overtime. But the NHL will probably never get rid of it so it is probably just wishful thinking on my part
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22