PSB

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome - Use login button below to enter.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 27

Author Topic: Penguins Regular Season Part 2  (Read 7079 times)

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
Re: Penguins Regular Season Part 2
« Reply #90 on: January 08, 2018, 10:28:22 AM »

Obviously a nice win! First two game winning streak since early December.

Sounds like Murray played well in relief!

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #91 on: January 08, 2018, 11:31:35 AM »

Obviously a nice win! First two game winning streak since early December.

Sounds like Murray played well in relief!

He did and stopping that penalty shot was huge. Defense really collapsed around Murray and didn't let Boston get off too many shots which helped tremendously

Bob.Gregg.WJPA.Radio

• Hall of Fame
  • That's why they actually PLAY the games....
« Reply #92 on: January 08, 2018, 01:44:48 PM »

last night's second period was one of the worst periods of Penguins hockey I may have ever seen, well, all but the last 35 seconds.

Then a solid third and OT nets the birds 2 points and a two-game winning streak.

KidRaven

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #93 on: January 08, 2018, 06:36:51 PM »

I just want to mention again that I love 3 on 3 OT hockey. It is a tremendous way to settle a regular season game and gives the fans something exciting.

I also love the way they changed the All Star game to a mini 3 vs 3 tournament. The All Star game is for the fans and the format lets all that talent show off their skills. 
Uniontown Red Raider Basketball: 1769-597 Record
4 PIAA Titles; 8 WPIAL Titles; 47 Section Titles

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #94 on: January 12, 2018, 06:55:52 AM »

Just announced that Crosby and Letang have made the All Star Team from the Penguins and I couldn't disagree with these picks more. Letang has no business being on an All Star team this year the way he is playing and yes, Crosby has turned it on lately but overall this season, he is not deserving but I know it's hard to leave out the "face of the NHL".

IMO, Kessel was the only Penguin deserving to make the All Star team this year and he wasn't even voted in. I hope he takes this personally and just goes on a tear the second half of the season!

bfgrad

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #95 on: January 12, 2018, 03:47:47 PM »

Rowney's out at least a month, so he won't be back for a few weeks. Rust should take his spot back, perhaps at the expense of Kunhackl, but a little competition at wing isn't a bad thing at all. Or maybe this will give Sullivan the flexibility to give guys games off by using a rotation. They've played a lot of hockey the past 2 years, I'm sure the odd game off would help that issue.

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #96 on: January 12, 2018, 04:24:41 PM »

Rowney's out at least a month, so he won't be back for a few weeks. Rust should take his spot back, perhaps at the expense of Kunhackl, but a little competition at wing isn't a bad thing at all. Or maybe this will give Sullivan the flexibility to give guys games off by using a rotation. They've played a lot of hockey the past 2 years, I'm sure the odd game off would help that issue.

I agree about Rust but me not knowing who is a left and who is a right wing and who can play what side, Sullivan needs to find a way to sit Hagelin for a bit. He still got the speed playing with Malkin right now but he can't put the puck in the net right now even if his life depended on it

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #97 on: January 12, 2018, 04:48:30 PM »

Agreed on Kessel. He was outright screwed when considering that the best performers should be going to these All-Star Games.

While not a good reason, though, I am guessing that they are trying to build the best team possible, in which center/winger/defense needs balanced.

Out in thr Pacific for instance Fleury  (who has only played in 13 games) made it over John Gibson  (who has played in 33 or more and has been the Ducks' best player this season). However MAF made it over Gibson. Again, I don't disagree that MAF is way better than Gibson, but in January 2018 Gibson is much more deserving than MAF.

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #98 on: January 12, 2018, 08:35:24 PM »

Agreed on Kessel. He was outright screwed when considering that the best performers should be going to these All-Star Games.

While not a good reason, though, I am guessing that they are trying to build the best team possible, in which center/winger/defense needs balanced.

Out in thr Pacific for instance Fleury  (who has only played in 13 games) made it over John Gibson  (who has played in 33 or more and has been the Ducks' best player this season). However MAF made it over Gibson. Again, I don't disagree that MAF is way better than Gibson, but in January 2018 Gibson is much more deserving than MAF.

I agree on Fleury YIG. I think they made Fleury an All Star because it will be a bigger story than someone like Gibson making it which is why the NHL wanted Fleury on the team
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 09:22:32 AM by hs »

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #99 on: January 13, 2018, 09:24:57 AM »

Matt Murray has been sent home and listed as day to day to handle "personal issues" at home and has been ruled for today and I would assume also tomorrow. Casey DeSmith has been called up to back up Jarry

Whatever Murray is going through I wish him the best and hope it is nothing too serious

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #100 on: January 13, 2018, 01:18:49 PM »

Malkin scores 3 minutes into the game to take a 1-0 lead. Hagelin tried to push it in the net from the side but it took a weird bounce off the post straight out to the front right to Malkin and he buried it. A little luck helps sometimes!

Pens take a penalty right after the goal. Hopefully they kill it and keep the momentum

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #101 on: January 13, 2018, 01:44:01 PM »

Penguins take 3 penalties in a row and on the 3rd power play Detroit scores to tie the game 1-1

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #102 on: January 13, 2018, 01:45:26 PM »

But as the Pens did earlier, Detroit takes a penalty right after they score but on this one Kessel buries an awesome pass from Crosby! Pens up 2-1

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #103 on: January 13, 2018, 01:50:58 PM »

Pens up 2-1 after one period but Detroit has 41 seconds of power play time left. pens have taken 4 penalties so far. Not good

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #104 on: January 13, 2018, 02:11:21 PM »

Malkin gets his second goal of the game and Kessel gets the assist for a 3-1 lead over the Red Wings
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 27