PSB

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the New PSB-To login click login above username box

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22

Author Topic: Penguins Regular Season Part 2  (Read 2622 times)

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
Re: Penguins Regular Season Part 2
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2017, 06:32:15 PM »

Yay!

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2017, 09:58:16 PM »

Yay!

Well said sir!

This may sound weird and I am not saying that the entire season rests on how Sprong plays but just calling him up gives me a certain higher level of optimism for the rest of the season. Maybe calling a person like Sprong up might light a fire under some of the other players. Malkin was out of practice today but Sprong did practice on the 2nd line with Shehan and Guentzel. We will see how this all works out tomorrow evening 

bfgrad

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2017, 07:32:13 AM »

An underappreciated aspect of the 2 consecutive Cups was the energy and hungar brought by the call ups. In 2016, it was Rust, Sheary, Kunhackl, Rowney etc and last year it was Guentzel. Hopefully Sprong will provide that spark the second half of this season. Maybe ZAR, too, if a spot opens via injury or trade.

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2017, 07:50:38 AM »

Absolutely! While Sprong 's AHL stats are not all that impressive, playing with Crosby or Malkin can needless to say make a difference, even with the change in level of competition and goaltending. At least Sprong has played at this level before.

And hs agreed to some extent also. Obviously he's one of 18 skaters so there will be other factors, but barring a mega trade (i.e. Letang for a forward) this may be the highest profile move that they make.

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2017, 07:25:29 PM »

Murray is back in net tonight. Don't really want to list who's on what line because Sullivan is moving people around like crazy. He has Malkin and Reaves playing together right now.

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2017, 08:57:19 PM »

Red Wings up 3-1 after two periods. Did not see Detroit's first 2 goals but that 3rd goal was a horrible goal for Murray to give up. He slid to his right and then looked like he didn't even make an attempt at it! I am now in the mindset that the Penguins will not make the playoffs if they are going to rely on Murray in the regular season. if the Penguins show any life, Murray then will quickly give up a bad goal and suck the life out of the team.

Red wings get the first two goals, Malkin scores one on the power play and right after Murray gives up a bad one. 3-1 Detroit

bfgrad

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2017, 08:58:58 PM »

A wasted 4 min PP in the first period hurt. I swear if I was in charge of the PP, my edict would be if you have a good shot and decide to pass instead, you're off the PP. There is entirely too much passing and not enough shooting.

Murray's given up 2 bad goals, the first right over his glove hand and the 3rd under his leg after he came out of his net expressly to challenge the shooter/cut down the angle.

Sprong is wasted with Sheahan. He needs to be with a center who can actually set him up for shots. Sheahan went off the ice, so maybe the Pens will luck out and he'll be injured.

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2017, 09:04:59 PM »

I have the same mindset but unfortunately they are going to have to live by Murray unless Rutherford trades him and forces Sullivan's hand then he would have no choice. I think that he stinks, and has for quite a while now, but Sullivan has all the leverage he wants to run with him no matter what.

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2017, 09:59:00 PM »

Pens end 2017 with a 4-1 loss to Detroit.

I would even go a little further bfgrad, I would say Murray gave up 3 bad goals. Saw the highlights and 1 over his glove that 3rd goal as you said under his leg and that second goal was horrible rebound control

And I agree, the power play is hurting them also.

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2017, 11:06:23 PM »

Anyone interested in watching the Winter Classic tomorrow that has the NY Rangers against the Buffalo Sabres? me personally, I have no interest in the game. I have seen no hype at all from the NHL about this game. Whoever is in charge of marketing for the NHL, they should be fired IMO.

I would've done something with their expansion team for a game like this. No one thought Vegas was going to be this good but to promote a new team like that would've been the way to go

Nicky

• All State
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2018, 10:45:03 AM »

I saw a promoted ad or two on Twitter about it.  Also on the NHL's Instagram and Twitter feeds.  Too many college Bowl Games for me to watch the hockey game exclusively, but I'll tune in to check things out between commercials and timeouts of the bowl games.  I always like to see the uniforms and tossle caps they come up with for the Winter Classic games.
"there is a light that never goes out"

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2018, 12:12:33 PM »

Same here. I watch some NHL Network and NBCSN so I have seen promos but not much even up until recent days. With that said IMO too many of these outdoor games. Should be one per year or maybe two max (a Winter Classic played on US soil and a Heritage Classic on Canadian soil) but thats about it.

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2018, 05:08:38 PM »

I watched about 90% of the Winter Classic today and it was a really good game. It was the 10th anniversary of the winter classic as the first one was played by the Penguins and Sabres up in Buffalo. I was there and that was a great game. Anyway, this game was good, rangers won 3-2 in overtime. First period was a little hard to watch with the sun glaring off the ice. Made it really hard to watch the puck.

I thought they put on a good presentation for TV, No snow or rain just really cold

I still say if this was a 10th anniversary game, they should've marketed the game a lot more. Just sayin'

KidRaven

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2018, 08:39:04 PM »

Announced that next year’s Winter Classic will take place at Notre Dame Stadium with Boston vs Chicago.

A lot of upset NHL fans as they keep rehashing the same teams for the Classic over and over again.
Uniontown Red Raider Basketball: 1768-596 Record
4 PIAA Titles; 8 WPIAL Titles; 47 Section Titles

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2018, 09:38:54 PM »

Announced that next year’s Winter Classic will take place at Notre Dame Stadium with Boston vs Chicago.

A lot of upset NHL fans as they keep rehashing the same teams for the Classic over and over again.

Very true. And for one great idea to use Notre Dame Stadium!  But that for instance would be a great opportunity to get the Columbus Blue Jackets involved just to your point for someone different. I get that they don't want a dud game (i.e. CBJ vs the Hurricanes or Devils) but they ought to do a better job pairing these smaller markets with the popular institutions of the NHL.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22