PSB

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome - Use login button below to enter.

Author Topic: St. Joes Prep vs Parkland  (Read 527 times)

Indians87

• All State
St. Joes Prep vs Parkland
« on: November 21, 2017, 06:21:27 PM »

2 undefeated teams.  I remeber watching Parkland play Woodland Hills back a few years...

Are they capable of knocking off St. Joe's?

Downriver

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
Re: St. Joes Prep vs Parkland
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 06:27:17 PM »

If they bring their "A" game it's possible.  Parkland has a pretty good defense and can move the ball, so if they can get a turnover or two and limit theirs, it is possible.  Although I certainly wouldn't want to bet the farm on it either. ;D ;D

BALDWINTRACK

• All State
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 06:49:00 PM »

Austin Scott was their RB. That kid ended up deep in JoePa’s dog house only to emerge with a huge orange bowl to help knock off florida St. always wonder what could have been if he got more of an opportunity.

billtown1

• Jr. Varsity
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 09:07:39 PM »

Always wondered about JoePa and running backs.  He turned Gary Brown into a DB at PSU and then he goes and has several thousand yard seasons in the NFL as a running back.  Not good enough to tote the ball in Happy Valley but can do it at the highest level?

Relayer

• Jr. Varsity
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2017, 08:27:43 PM »

I think what hurts Parkland is they don't have any legit D1 players that can put them over the top against a team like Prep. When Parkland won 2 years ago against LaSalle they had Devante Cross and Kenny Yeboah. I also think D11 was a little down this year.

That said I'm hoping for a good game because I'm heading up on Saturday afternoon. I believe Coatesville has a better shot to beat SJP. They are loaded at the skill positions and are clicking on all cylinders right now.

Downriver

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2017, 11:22:17 PM »

Relayer, I agree.  I think D11 is in the same boat as D3 in 6A this year.  Cumberland Valley and State College have nice teams but just don't have the star power to put them over the top against Pine Richland in the west.

Tacklenut

• Jr. Varsity
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2017, 02:32:32 PM »

Sounds like St.Joes is having their way with Parkland 35-7 at the half