PSB

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome - Use login button below to enter.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14

Author Topic: Openings  (Read 19350 times)

SWFOOTBALL

• Rookie
Re: Openings
« Reply #90 on: March 05, 2018, 01:53:39 PM »

IF CALIFORNIA COACH RESIGNS IT WOULD BE A HUGE BLOW TO THE DISTRICT. I HAVE SEEN HIM THERE AND HE SPENDS A TREMENDOUS AMOUNT OF TIME WITH THE PROGRAM. CAL SEEMS TO BE LOSING A LOT OF HEAD COACHES THESE PAST COUPLE YEARS.

SmokeyBear915

• Jr. Varsity
  • "Everything Happens For A Reason"
« Reply #91 on: March 08, 2018, 10:16:42 AM »

I have heard that Cooley from Baldwin was offered and turned down the Quips job.
You play to win the game!

bleachercoach

• Rookie
« Reply #92 on: March 08, 2018, 11:15:31 AM »

Anyone heard any rumors at QV?

bftigers

• All State
« Reply #93 on: March 08, 2018, 03:53:26 PM »

I have heard that Cooley from Baldwin was offered and turned down the Quips job.

Offered by who?  Applicants have until tomorrow to send in a resume.  Then the process officially begins.

SmokeyBear915

• Jr. Varsity
  • "Everything Happens For A Reason"
« Reply #94 on: March 09, 2018, 10:15:19 AM »

Offered by who?  Applicants have until tomorrow to send in a resume.  Then the process officially begins.

Come on we know that isn't true. The process starts as soon as the coach is fired or not retained. You have to be foolish to believe that there hasn't been any conversations or persons of interest haven't been contacted by someone with in the district or school board.
You play to win the game!

bftigers

• All State
« Reply #95 on: March 09, 2018, 10:53:58 AM »

Come on we know that isn't true. The process starts as soon as the coach is fired or not retained. You have to be foolish to believe that there hasn't been any conversations or persons of interest haven't been contacted by someone with in the district or school board.

When I said "process," I referred to interviewing the candidates.  And if Cooper is NOT from Quip, you can forget about that person getting hired.  They will only hire someone from their own community.  Ask the basketball program how it worked out when they hired an outsider after ousting Emerson several years ago.  Kids don't respect anyone outside the circle of trust.

Tiger4Lyfe

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #96 on: March 09, 2018, 12:09:00 PM »

Whoever told you that is FOS

coach99

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #97 on: March 09, 2018, 03:48:15 PM »

what is the old saying   "a coach is fired the day he is hired, they just have not put a date on that"   or  "every coach is interium"

Every school board that is more involved in the the football programs rather than academics all have a 'buddy' they want to see hired.

Tiger4Lyfe

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #98 on: March 09, 2018, 04:32:25 PM »

or "son" they want to see hired.

This Cooley fella was probably invited to apply but the next coach of the Quips was decided years ago when this campaign against Z was started. Now the question is do they still got 5 votes with 1 SB member abstaining.

MANiAC

• Jr. Varsity
« Reply #99 on: March 09, 2018, 05:34:03 PM »

or "son" they want to see hired.

This Cooley fella was probably invited to apply but the next coach of the Quips was decided years ago when this campaign against Z was started. Now the question is do they still got 5 votes with 1 SB member abstaining.

Yes.

TrojanFootballMom98

• Rookie
« Reply #100 on: March 13, 2018, 10:54:25 AM »

IF CALIFORNIA COACH RESIGNS IT WOULD BE A HUGE BLOW TO THE DISTRICT. I HAVE SEEN HIM THERE AND HE SPENDS A TREMENDOUS AMOUNT OF TIME WITH THE PROGRAM. CAL SEEMS TO BE LOSING A LOT OF HEAD COACHES THESE PAST COUPLE YEARS.

I agree. Why are they talking about opening his position?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 11:41:56 AM by TrojanFootballMom98 »

BALDWINTRACK

• All State
« Reply #101 on: March 18, 2018, 12:45:33 AM »

Trib reporting 25 applicants at Aliquippa. They considered 7. 6 from Aliquippa, 1 from elsewhere in western PA. Down to 3 finalists. Hiring Wednesday.

quitter

• Jr. Varsity
« Reply #102 on: March 18, 2018, 07:36:17 AM »

Ringgold still without a coach..............turned down for the third time

PepperBrooks

• Jr. Varsity
« Reply #103 on: March 18, 2018, 08:26:27 AM »

Ringgold still without a coach..............turned down for the third time

What is going on there? What's the back story? Did they fire the last coach or did he resign?

quitter

• Jr. Varsity
« Reply #104 on: March 18, 2018, 12:26:36 PM »

Resigned. Offered it twice, no takers. Word is they offered it a third time. Still, no takers. No sure who third candidate was
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14