PSB

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the New PSB

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: MLB Playoffs  (Read 354 times)

hs

• Hall of Fame
Re: MLB Playoffs
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2017, 09:37:01 AM »

Dodgers win 3-1 and win the series 3-0. There goes my sleeper pick of the D-Backs doing something

Houston wins their series over the Red Sox 3-1

Yankees win 7-3 and tie the series up 2-2 with the Indians

Cubs win 2-1 over the Nationals to take a series lead 2-1

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2017, 08:21:19 PM »

Nationals blank the Cubs 5-0 and tie up the series 2-2

Yankees and Indians playing now to see who goes on to play the Astros. IMO, if the Indians lose, it will be a major collapse on their part but I think they will pull it out tonight

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2017, 11:49:31 PM »

Yankees pull it out! 5-2 final. So the ALCS is set. Indians had a nice season but fell apart the last three games to a young and hungry Yankees squad.

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2017, 11:52:38 PM »

An absolute collapse by the Indians being up 2-0. At least last year when they lost the World Series to the Cubs by losing 3 in row, they had an excuse of a injured pitching rotation. No issues like that this time. Just a choke job IMO

coach99

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2017, 11:01:53 AM »

Hey, Yankees 'deserve' to be there...look at all the money they spend on players> Isn't that the name of the game?  Buy a title/

Bob.Gregg.WJPA.Radio

• Hall of Fame
  • That's why they actually PLAY the games....
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2017, 11:40:58 AM »

After building a 2-0 lead in the series, the Indians scored 0, 3, 2 runs in the final three games.

Scoring two runs or less two-thirds of the time will do for Cleveland what it did for the Pirates all year long.

KidRaven

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2017, 12:21:52 PM »

That is 6 straight losses for Cleveland when they had the chance to end a series.   

Also as mentioned above teams who spend a ton (outside the young Astros) are all we have left in the playoff field.  Population wise we have 5 of the top 6 cities in the US left.
Uniontown Red Raider Basketball: 1755-587 Record
4 PIAA Titles; 8 WPIAL Titles; 47 Section Titles

BALDWINTRACK

• Varsity
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2017, 03:09:34 PM »

While that is true, the stars for all of the teams remaining were for the most part drafted and developed in those organizations or traded for when they were minor leaguers.

The Pirates have certainly lost some players due to being unable or willing to pay them but they have not lost any real stars because other than McCutchen (who was drafted by David Littlefield) the Pirates havenít had any elite players.

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2017, 06:56:50 PM »

That is 6 straight losses for Cleveland when they had the chance to end a series.   

Yes...that is the definition of not clutch.

As for the Yankees payroll I would have to look it up but I doubt that it is #1 or 2 anymore. They actually are pretty likeable right now. Aside from overspending on Elsbury their roster now does not resemble the way it did towards the end of Steinbrenner. But with that said I will have to look it up. Dodgers I assume would have the highest remaining payroll.

KidRaven

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2017, 08:04:13 PM »

http://www.spotrac.com/mlb/payroll/

Yankees are 2nd in payroll behind the Dodgers. 

The website above is great as it breaks down everything.  The Yankees are still paying A-Rod $21 million for this season to sit in a booth to talk about the games. 
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 08:08:17 PM by KidRaven »

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2017, 08:12:39 PM »

http://www.spotrac.com/mlb/payroll/

Yankees are 2nd in payroll behind the Dodgers. 

The website above is great as it breaks down everything. The Yankees are still paying A-Rod $21 million for this season to sit in a booth to talk about the games.

Now that is one hell of a deal. I like the Bonilla deal with the Mets better. Isn't he still getting paid 1 million a year until 2021 or something like that?

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2017, 10:28:27 PM »

Cubs up 7-4 in the 5th inning. Game is not over yet but if the Nationals lose, don't they have to look at maybe replacing Dusty Baker or say it is a player not getting it done issue? This team has too much talent to keep losing in the playoffs

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2017, 11:32:53 PM »

Haha thanks for the A-Rod Yankees news. Their payroll is higher than I thought honestly but that is the luxury of having deep pockets. The Yankees can write off a $21 mistake while the Pirates are kind of held hostage when someone like McCutcheon is underperforming.

And yes Dusty Baker's job may be on the line. He was an uninspired hire in the first place (a good manager in his era but the game has changed since the early 1990s)...however the Cubs did have the best record in the NL second half of the season so that was a tough draw for the Nats and before the season the Cubbies would have been favored in this series anyways. So with Dusty it could go either way.

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2017, 12:58:40 AM »

Cubs beat the nationals 9-8 and win the series 3 games to 2.

Another underachieving season for the Nationals.

KidRaven

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2017, 07:25:12 AM »

9 inning game took nearly 5 hours and didnít finish until almost 1 AM.  That is crazy and I wonder how many people missed the ending due to the length. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3