PSB

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the New PSB

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Penguins regular season  (Read 639 times)

hs

• Hall of Fame
Re: Penguins regular season
« Reply #75 on: October 11, 2017, 10:06:58 PM »

Pens have been dominating this game but Ovechkin scores to make it 3-2 and make this game very interesting. 7 minutes left to go.

by the way, that was Ovechkin's 8th goal in 4 games

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #76 on: October 11, 2017, 10:20:39 PM »

Empty net for Washington for almost the last 2 minutes and they don't even register a shot.

Pens win 3-2. I would've bet on a blowout win for the Caps but nope, the Pens defense was great tonight and all 3 goals were scored on the power play for the Penguins. penalty kill was also awesome for the Pens

I keep hearing how the Pens like what McKegg brings to them as their 3rd line center but if I had money to bet, I would say Rutherford makes a trade by January for a 3rd line center and drops McKegg down to the 4th line

KidRaven

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #77 on: October 12, 2017, 02:14:33 PM »

Had to be deflating for Washington as they once again come up short vs. Pittsburgh.  Pens are 2-0 so far in games against teams that were hell bent on revenge from losing to them in the playoffs last season (Nashville and Washington).
Uniontown Red Raider Basketball: 1755-587 Record
4 PIAA Titles; 8 WPIAL Titles; 47 Section Titles

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #78 on: October 12, 2017, 06:52:55 PM »

Had to be deflating for Washington as they once again come up short vs. Pittsburgh.  Pens are 2-0 so far in games against teams that were hell bent on revenge from losing to them in the playoffs last season (Nashville and Washington).

I watched a replay of the game on the NHL network this afternoon and after watching it again, the Capitals defense is really thin. They got Brooks Orpik who is 37 playing in the top 4 and he just can't keep up with the speed of the Penguins. And actually, that entire Washington team had a very difficult time with the Penguins speed last night. Ovechkin is on a tear with goal scoring right now but I feel they are not gonna be a threat to Pittsburgh this year in the playoffs. Watch out for Tampa Bay, Toronto and even the NJ Devils

I said it last year and I'll say it again. I would love to see a Pittsburgh vs. Edmonton Stanley Cup Finals this year

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #79 on: October 12, 2017, 07:59:30 PM »

Tampa Bay up 1-0 early. Scored on a deflection on Niemi. Niemi though left the 5 hole wide open. Lightning are just peppering Niemi with shots. Pens look a little out of sorts right now. Tough game for them though. play in Washington last night, hop on a flight and play in Tampa the next day. They gotta be drained

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #80 on: October 12, 2017, 08:08:28 PM »

Guentzel scores just after their power play expired to tie the game up 1-1. I don't know how Guentzel lifted that puck top shelf right in front of the net like that

And Reaves gets called for holding to put Tampa on the power play

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #81 on: October 12, 2017, 08:24:52 PM »

Are you kidding me!!! Tampa scores on the power play with 0.1 left on the clock in the first period to go into the dressing room up 2-1.

Niemi played really well. it should be 7-1 Tampa if it wasn't for Niemi. Pens gotta wake up if they want to be in this game

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #82 on: October 12, 2017, 09:11:18 PM »

Game opened up quickly.

Tampa scores to make it 3-1, Sheary scores on a nice breakaway to make it 3-2 but Tampa scores on the power play shortly after to make it 4-2

People might just look at the box score after this game and say how bad Niemi is but he is actually playing very well tonight. he is just getting no help tonight

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #83 on: October 12, 2017, 09:12:00 PM »

Rust scores on the power play to make it 4-3 tampa with 5 minutes left in the 2nd period

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #84 on: October 12, 2017, 09:28:18 PM »

pens give up another late goal and Tampa is up 5-3 after 2 periods. pens gotta stop these odd man rushes if they want to get at least a point out of this game
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 10:03:13 PM by hs »

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #85 on: October 12, 2017, 10:05:09 PM »

Hunwick scores his first as a Penguin to make it 5-4 Tampa

Vasalesky just makes the save of the night for Tampa and stones Guentzel on a breakaway off of a Kunitz turnover. Would've been nice to tie the game on that one

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #86 on: October 12, 2017, 10:11:56 PM »

Pens pull Niemi. 1:31 left

On these empty net chances, why not put Reaves out there and sit him in front of the goalie?

Kessel called for a slash so Tampa gets a power play. Niemi back in the net
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 10:16:18 PM by hs »

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #87 on: October 12, 2017, 10:20:31 PM »

Game over. Pens lose 5-4.

Niemi was good even though the score shows he gave up 5. pens were just not ready to play to start the game and had to crawl back the entire game

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #88 on: October 14, 2017, 11:08:35 PM »

Pens beat the Panthers tonight 4-3.

Crosby with 2 goals, McKeeg with his first goal as a Penguin and Hornqvist gets a goal and continues to terrorize the opposing goalie in the paint

Murray was solid seeing 46 shots tonight. I'm sure the Pens defense would like to cut that at least in half

Bob.Gregg.WJPA.Radio

• Hall of Fame
  • That's why they actually PLAY the games....
« Reply #89 on: October 14, 2017, 11:26:12 PM »

The second Crosby goal was flat-out SICK.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8