PSB

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome - Use login button below to enter.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27

Author Topic: Penguins regular season  (Read 15244 times)

bfgrad

• Hall of Fame
Re: Penguins regular season
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2017, 01:33:31 PM »

The weirdest thing last night was not hearing Steigy doing the play-by-play. Steve Mears did a great job, though, and will be a fixture on Penguin broadcasts for years to come.

Per, PG: Defensemen Zach Trotman, Chris Summers, Jarred Tinordi, Frank Corrado and Kevin Czuczman, as well as forwards Jean-Sebastien Dea and Garrett Wilson have been put on waivers.

They'll likely go to WBS if they clear waivers.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 01:35:22 PM by bfgrad »

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2017, 03:24:32 PM »

I was thinking the same thing bfgrad. It was very weird to hear Mears instead of Steigy doing the play by play. granted I am not a Steigerwald fan but it kinda threw me not hearing him with Errey

bfgrad

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2017, 04:41:37 PM »

I think I'll miss Steigy's encyclopedic knowledge of the Penguins/their history most.

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2017, 10:43:28 PM »

Pens hung on for a 5-4 win over the Sabres tonight. Crosby, Sheary and Guentzel line looked awesome. 2 goals and 8 points for that line. The Kessel and Malkin line with Hagelin was a little sloppy but got better throughout the game.

Pens power play IMO, did not look too good even though it accounted for 2 of the goals tonight. Looked to me like they might've been working on stuff like the back door pass, instead of just shooting the puck. At least I hope that was what they were doing.

Pens were up 5-2 late in the 3rd and then took their foot off the gas and gave up 2 goals late. Hopefully, that will teach them.

I liked how Ryan Reaves looked. shut down 2 Sabres pretty quick from meesing with his team mates. And he's pretty good with the puck. Very refreshing to see that

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2017, 07:50:18 AM »

Also forgot to say Niemi played the whole game and looked pretty good. Couple of the goals were not his fault. Some deflections and left out to dry on 1 or 2. I believe it was the Sabres first goal though he should've definitely stopped that one.

Maatta has really impressed me this preseason. He easily looks like the Pens best defenseman. he is really skating with confidence right now

bfgrad

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2017, 02:29:47 PM »

How did McKegg look? He seems to have the inside track on the 3rd C job.
Pouliot seems odd man out on defense.
I think Wilson and Kunhackl are in a battle for 12/13th F assuming Hornqvist opens the season on IR. Archibald hasn't stood out in any game I've heard/seen.

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2017, 05:03:51 PM »

How did McKegg look? He seems to have the inside track on the 3rd C job.
Pouliot seems odd man out on defense.
I think Wilson and Kunhackl are in a battle for 12/13th F assuming Hornqvist opens the season on IR. Archibald hasn't stood out in any game I've heard/seen.

McKegg didn't stand out to me at all. he looks like just a warm body they are gonna put in that spot for now until they make a trade. I haven't seen all the preseason games, but the 2 full games I have seen, nothing jumps out at me. IMO, that 3rd line center needs to be able to jump up to the 1st or 2nd line if Malkin or Crosby gets hurt and I didn't see that potential with McKegg.

Haven't seen Pouliot much but as long as Sullivan is coach, Pouliot will be the odd man out

I haven't seen or heard anything about Archibald but if my choice was between those 3, my choice would be Kuhnhackl.

bfgrad

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2017, 07:54:19 PM »

I like Kuhnackl for his size (6'2), PK ability and potential to move up/down the line up. Archibald is a lesser version of Sheary. Wilson does nothing for me although it was a nice goal he scored in Det.

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2017, 09:50:32 PM »

I like Kuhnackl for his size (6'2), PK ability and potential to move up/down the line up. Archibald is a lesser version of Sheary. Wilson does nothing for me although it was a nice goal he scored in Det.

I agree. IMO, Wilson and Poulliot would be the first two players I would be shopping around. Some team out there would see them as a cheap reclamation project

bfgrad

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2017, 08:20:08 PM »

I watched the game today and against real NHL competition, I don't think a 3/4 C combo of McKegg and McClement are going to cut it. McKegg might be ok centering a 4th line, but he doesn't bring enough to play between Hagelin and Rust. I think I'll be surprised if Rutherford doesn't pull the trigger on a trade for a 3rd line C before Wed's opener.

Wilson played with Malkin and Kessel. Wilson must have compromising pictures of Sullivan or something...

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2017, 10:34:59 PM »

Pens just released McClement so if nothing else is done, it looks like it will be McKegg as the 3rd line center and Rowney as the 4th line center and I am not comfortable with that. I have my fingers crossed that Rutherford does something. I'm wondering if they are just possibly showcasing Wilson for some other teams because I have  not been impressed with him for several years now.

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2017, 06:16:37 AM »

I don't expect Rutherford to force a move, I am guessing that he is waiting for the right move. I would have no problem if they enter the season as-is with Rutherford it is all about the April/May/June roster.

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2017, 01:59:14 PM »

Pens acquired defenseman Andrey Pedan and a 2018 4th round draft pick from the Vancouver Canucks in exchange for Derrick Pouliot.

Pedan is on a 2 way contract through this season and carries an average annual value of 750,000.

I don't know anything about him, looks like most of his time was spent in the AHL. IMO, Poiliot was never gonna work out here so might as well get something for him.

Looks like Rutherford is working the phones, maybe a 3rd line center is next?

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2017, 03:41:12 PM »

I agree...trade makes sense for if anything to clear things up. Sending Pouliot back to WBS where he excels probably isn't the best way to grow him. Best of luck in Vancouver.

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2017, 07:48:09 PM »

Sitting in my seats waiting for the Pens to raise the Stanley Cup Banner! I can't wait for this season to start. So many questions need answered to see if this team can win again
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27