PSB

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the New PSB

Author Topic: Trans-Siberian Orchestra  (Read 97 times)

hs

• Hall of Fame
Trans-Siberian Orchestra
« on: September 18, 2017, 06:19:48 PM »

The Trans-Siberian Orchestra is coming to the PPG Paints Arena on December 22nd. Just wondering if anyone here has caught one of their shows live and if it is worth the price of admission. My wife has always wanted to go and I thought I would surprise her this year.

Any feedback?

Downriver

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
Re: Trans-Siberian Orchestra
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 06:21:19 PM »

The wife and I have caught them several times the last few years at Hershey and the show is definitely worth the money.  Always excellent.

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 07:17:30 PM »

The wife and I have caught them several times the last few years at Hershey and the show is definitely worth the money.  Always excellent.

Thanks DR. I have heard good things. They got a show at 3pm and at 8pm. I got a pre sale email since I have Penguins season tickets and they seem to be very reasonable. 45 dollars a seat upper level and 72 dollars a seat lower level and on the floor

Nicky

• All State
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2017, 04:16:10 PM »

They are fantastic, have seen three times in Pgh.  We always go to the 3 PM gig.  Best part about Pgh and Hershey, is that our part of the country gets the "A" Team!  TSO has two traveling troops.  One does the south/west and one does the midwest/east coast.  Our area always gets guitarists Chris Cafferty and Joel Hoekstra and usually violinist Roddy Chong.

Nothing fires you up for the holidays during the week of Xmas like TSO.  "Christmas Eve Sarajevo 12/24" and "Christmas Canon Rock" are both incredible live!!
"There is no dark side of the moon, really.  Matter of fact, it's all dark"

Downriver

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2017, 05:15:31 PM »

This what TSO sounds like without the orchestra.  They've also been around as Savatage since 1979.