PSB

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the New PSB

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20

Author Topic: PSB Fantasy League  (Read 3421 times)

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
Re: PSB Fantasy League
« Reply #270 on: December 06, 2017, 04:05:36 PM »

Point tie breakers are better IMO and I'm not just saying that because I'm #1 lol.

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #271 on: December 07, 2017, 04:45:09 AM »

Hs is still alive, he has to beat me by 42 and have mailman lose+not have mailman outscore him by 1.1 point

I looked up the tiebreaker(points for) in league settings

if mailman and I both win, he has to score 43 more points than me

Mailman just needs to win and for me to lose.

HS, if you are wondering you have outscored 1 opponent by 42+. You did it last week.

Mailman has not outscored me by 43+ in any week. He did outscore an opponent by over 43 in wk12 but that isnt what he needs if we both win, he has to outscore me by 43.

4. Tiger4Lyfe(6-7) 1641.7
5. Mailman(6-7) 1598.8
6. hs(5-8) 1599.8

Not gonna happen this week. Ingram is questionable for me with a bad toe and he has been my biggest point getter if you consider 22 points your big point getter. Also Stafford injured his throwing hand and if he can't go or is hobbled, that knocks out two of my starting receivers so I had to pick up 2 scrubs off the scrap heap just in case. It's going to be a tough weekend for me!

Tiger4Lyfe

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #272 on: December 07, 2017, 01:49:04 PM »

you never know, I have a team that can put up a ton of points or completely crap the bed. If Julio has a 20pt+ game tonight, I'll feel good. I love Cooks with Gronk out though. Not starting Brees. Gonna roll with Alex Smith. Hopefully that works out.

Tiger4Lyfe

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #273 on: December 07, 2017, 01:54:21 PM »

Point tie breakers are better IMO and I'm not just saying that because I'm #1 lol.

I agree for most leagues, the way KR has this one set up I think h2h should be 1st tiebreaker. We all play each other twice, that's the schedule, same for everybody, a 2-0 sweep is fair as a tiebreaker. In a 10 or 12 tm league or even an 8tm with 13 games the schedule doesn't have the symmetry this one does and h2h isnt really fair because everyone has a different schedule.

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #274 on: December 07, 2017, 02:13:37 PM »

you never know, I have a team that can put up a ton of points or completely crap the bed. If Julio has a 20pt+ game tonight, I'll feel good. I love Cooks with Gronk out though. Not starting Brees. Gonna roll with Alex Smith. Hopefully that works out.

Agree on Cooks with Hogan probably still out also. Hoping Dion Lewis has a good game for me.

Just heard Lattimore is playing tonight for the Saints. Probably thinking they will have him shadow Julio all night. I'm hoping he plays well after being out for 3 weeks

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #275 on: December 07, 2017, 08:45:03 PM »

Kamara heading to the locker room after taking a helmet to helmet hit. bad for the Saints and bad for Nicky and his fantasy team

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #276 on: December 07, 2017, 10:15:20 PM »

Kamara is out for the rest of the game with a concussion. That hurts, and actually the saints have 5 players out right now with injuries. Saints got an uphill battle to win this game tonight

Nicky

• All State
« Reply #277 on: December 07, 2017, 10:40:16 PM »

It's terrible for me short term, because it happened on the first drive tonight.  And it's terrible for me long term in the playoffs. 
"there is a light that never goes out"

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #278 on: December 07, 2017, 11:37:45 PM »

Brees threw an interception at the end of the game that really hurt. They were in the Red Zone and could've tied the game and went to OT probably but Brees threw it in the end zone with 4 Falcons standing right there. Horrible decision but a gutsy game by the Saints with all the injuries. Good thing is the saints can hopefully get some revenge in two weeks when they play them in New Orleans

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #279 on: December 08, 2017, 09:34:30 AM »

That's always tough. Kamara has been one of the guys who were undervalued preseason that may have carried teams to the playoffs. This could have ruined playoff games for many as well (most 10 team or more leagues began playoffs with last night's action). For me that happened once with Tony Romo in 2011. He was injured on the first play or second play of the game and finished with 0 points. That is simply bad luck but it happens in this game.

As for Kamara I hope that he is alright. He is a huge reason for the Saints turnaround in 2017.

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #280 on: December 08, 2017, 10:27:30 AM »

Regarding the game with KR, I am 0.5 favorites, so this one has game of the year potential.

Regarding the tie breakers, it is just my preference, even in an 8-team league. In a league without money at stake I suppose that I could care less about the tiebreakers, but I see points as more fair because it is a gauge more so on the season, while a sweep in many cases could be luck (good or bad). Generally speaking, points scored should correlate with wins, and when it doesn't, then said team is either lucky or unlucky. I realize that there are outliers (for instance, for whoever started Julio Jones for his 50+ point week, and some of us just have unbalanced weeks by luck of the draw...i.e. score 140+ on odd weeks and struggle to reach 70 on even weeks). Long story short, if I have a vote mine is for points scored, but I would not leave the league or put up a huge stink if we went with head to head.

KidRaven

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #281 on: December 08, 2017, 12:48:36 PM »

99% chance I see Nicky in the opening round of the playoffs so Kamara being out would only make it fair since that will be last week I won't have Elliot.   :P
Uniontown Red Raider Basketball: 1756-588 Record
4 PIAA Titles; 8 WPIAL Titles; 47 Section Titles

KidRaven

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #282 on: December 08, 2017, 12:51:26 PM »

Regarding the game with KR, I am 0.5 favorites, so this one has game of the year potential.

Regarding the tie breakers, it is just my preference, even in an 8-team league. In a league without money at stake I suppose that I could care less about the tiebreakers, but I see points as more fair because it is a gauge more so on the season, while a sweep in many cases could be luck (good or bad). Generally speaking, points scored should correlate with wins, and when it doesn't, then said team is either lucky or unlucky. I realize that there are outliers (for instance, for whoever started Julio Jones for his 50+ point week, and some of us just have unbalanced weeks by luck of the draw...i.e. score 140+ on odd weeks and struggle to reach 70 on even weeks). Long story short, if I have a vote mine is for points scored, but I would not leave the league or put up a huge stink if we went with head to head.

I am hoping we can get to 10 or 12 teams next year to make head to head a moot point anyway.  This has been a fun venture for our league this year and I hope everyone comes back next year.  Sure no money involved, but some bragging rights and some fun had by all....well, except maybe Falcons01 who is one a massive losing streak since looking like a top 3 team. 

Nicky

• All State
« Reply #283 on: December 08, 2017, 02:08:01 PM »

Dude beating up on a chick does not equal fair for a dude who got doinked in his melon during a game!
"there is a light that never goes out"

KidRaven

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #284 on: December 08, 2017, 03:00:19 PM »

Dude beating up on a chick does not equal fair for a dude who got doinked in his melon during a game!

Yeah, I was waiting to see someone point that out.  Though Cowboy fans will tell you he did no wrong and is being suspended without being found guilty, but I tend to think something happened. 
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20