PSB

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the New PSB

Author Topic: 2017 Mr. Olympia  (Read 344 times)

hs

• Hall of Fame
2017 Mr. Olympia
« on: August 26, 2017, 10:00:19 AM »

Anybody else interested in bodybuilding competitions? The Mr Olympia is the Super Bowl of bodybuilding and it is September 14th-17th in Las Vegas this year. I have always been a huge fan since Arnold back in the day. I got a chance a few years ago to take my older son to the Arnold Classic that he holds in Ohio every year and it was a blast. Got to meet a few of the current bodybuilders like Phil Heath and Jay Cutler and got to meet some of the older ones- Lou Ferrigno and Ronnie Coleman. Didn't get to meet but I saw Arnold and Sylvester Stallone. Too much security around them.

Seems like bodybuilding now is going more towards aesthetics and shape versus just bigger is better. They have more physique competitions now and got rid of the Ms. Olympia for the women and went with physique and bikini competitions

I know you can't talk about bodybuilding without bringing up steroids but I try not to dwell on that too much as the same as when I watch football or baseball anymore

hs

• Hall of Fame
Re: 2017 Mr. Olympia
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 05:09:16 PM »

They are live streaming the Mr. Olympia, 212 Olympia, Women's physique and fitness, men's physique, the bikini competitions and some other cool competitions on Amazon video on the 15th and 16th if anyone is interested:

http://www.mensfitness.com/life/entertainment/amazon-sports-nutrition-sponsors-2017-olympia-weekend?utm_source=email

hs

• Hall of Fame
Re: 2017 Mr. Olympia
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2017, 08:56:32 AM »

Phil Heath wins his 7th Mr Olympia in a row to tie Arnold Schwarzenegger with Mr Olympia title wins. Only Ronnie Coleman and Lee Haney have more with 8 titles.

A lot of people screaming foul in this one as they thought Mamdouh Elssbiay, who everyone calls Big Ramy, should have won (He came in second place). I didn't see it that way though.

The live stream of the event for the 2 days was awesome. It was long but they did a lot of backstage and behind the scenes interviews which were very interesting