PSB

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the New PSB

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 24

Author Topic: Steeler season  (Read 4386 times)

bfgrad

• Hall of Fame
Steeler season
« on: August 12, 2017, 04:07:45 AM »

Early exhibition games are so hard to watch because players are in and out with many of them good candidates to be among the first cuts. But I thought Knile Davis and Schuster-Smith looked good on offense. The first team DL was very good. Dobbs seems to have a strong arm, but appears to me like he needs work on his release. Looked like he releases the ball too high and that's why so many of his passes are high and/or sail. I thought he did a good job staying in the pocket and not just taking off to run, but I don't think Landry Jones should worry about his #2 qb job.

bfgrad

• Hall of Fame
Re: Steeler season
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2017, 08:23:16 PM »

Watched the game today. The 1st team defense was pretty bad in pass defense. Hargrave looked good at NT, but went out with a concussion. The pass defense was torched. I understand it's exhibition season, but that was a bad showing. Cockrell was targeted a lot and didn't stop anything that came his way. Not a good day for him. McCullers played ok once Hargrave went out. Thought Sensabaugh looked good when he got a chance to play. Have to hope Williams and Matakevich aren't on the field together very often because neither of them cover well.

Thought Dobbs was improved. It's clear he's being coached to stay in the pocket, go through his reads and not pull the ball down and run right away. His throws were better and not sailing on him. It was a little disappointing to see Connor drop the little swing passes, but that'll probably turn out to be an aberration. He ran hard and some nice runs in the second half. Finney didn't impress me filling for Pouncey and didn't last week either. I think they'd be in trouble if Pouncey has to miss time this season.

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2017, 04:48:26 AM »

William Gay looks horrible at cornerback. He needs replaced by anybody

I liked also the way James Conner ran. Granted a lot came after the Falcons 1st defense was off the field, but there is potential there to be a good backup. Just needs to focus a little more on catching those passes

bfgrad

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2017, 06:38:03 PM »

Bell says he'll sign/report on Sept 1st. I won't be surprised if he doesn't start vs Cle, though.

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2017, 09:39:21 AM »

Bad news for the Patriots and possibly good news for the Steelers:

Patriots WR Julian Edelman was injured last night in their preseason game against the Lions and the Patriots think it is a torn ACL which will end his season. MRI is sometime today. This will really hurt the Patriots chances to repeat and possibly even get home field in the playoffs. Edelman is a huge part of their offense. Looks like the pick up of WR Brandon Cooks from the Saints was a lot bigger than they thought

coach99

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2017, 10:32:08 AM »

Edleman probably has as much to do with Brady success as Brady.  He always made the clutch catch .

KidRaven

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2017, 11:02:46 AM »

Hogan will take his place and remember he killed
The Steelers in the AFC Championship game last year. 
Uniontown Red Raider Basketball: 1756-588 Record
4 PIAA Titles; 8 WPIAL Titles; 47 Section Titles

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2017, 12:55:48 PM »

Edleman probably has as much to do with Brady success as Brady.  He always made the clutch catch .

He's important but I wouldn't go THAT far. Brady was the best QB in football even before Edelman was in the NFL. He also does not score many TDs...he is more of a short receiving threat and is an excellent possession WR obviously as well. With all of that said he is obviously really important to the game plan so this is definitely a loss, but this is the same team that won a Superbowl WITHOUT Gronk last year.

Tiger4Lyfe

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2017, 12:08:19 PM »

Edelman basically became Brady's new Wes Welker. They aren't exactly the same but where they lined up and they're main function was the same. Possession receivers, guys he leaned on hard to move the sticks on 3rd down. Bellichick being the sage coach that he is, has a rookie kid in there named Austin Carr that may well move into that spot before the year is over. He was Northwestern's main WR last year, 90 grabs 1250 yards. Doubt he has the punt returning skills but if he can handle the punishment he seems to fit into the Welker/Edelman role in the offense. Kid will likely go from being cut and on the PS to an important part of the top team in the NFL. Not bad for an udfa. Might be worth a late round pick in your fantasy football leagues
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 12:10:35 PM by Tiger4Lyfe »

Nicky

• All State
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2017, 04:51:50 PM »

So long as the Steelers still have Cockrell, Gay, Burns and Mitchell back there, I'll take no joy in Edelman's injury as good news for the Steelers.  Stephen Morris (who?) was moving the ball at almost will in the air against starting DBs last night going 12/16. 
"there is a light that never goes out"

Tiger4Lyfe

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2017, 05:11:13 PM »

Maybe not on the Austin Carr fantasy value, sounds like he is getting cut and the Pats will pick someone up from outside the organization when the mass cuts happen. Or they only keep 5 receivers and consider special teams ace Matthew Slater as the #5 and maybe keep an extra TE/FB. Sounds like young Gronk will get cut at the end and join PS(they have Develin), he did that last year with Buffalo.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 05:14:45 PM by Tiger4Lyfe »

KidRaven

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2017, 04:46:09 PM »

Steelers trade for Vance McDonald (TE) from my Niners.

Today they sign Haden (Cleveland cut him) to 3 year 27 million deal. 
Uniontown Red Raider Basketball: 1756-588 Record
4 PIAA Titles; 8 WPIAL Titles; 47 Section Titles

Nicky

• All State
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2017, 04:49:01 PM »

So long as the Steelers still have Cockrell, Gay, Burns and Mitchell back there

Thank you Steelers for signing Joe Haden.  Hopefully now no more Cockrell.  Hopefully now no more Cockrell.  Hopefully now no more Cockrell.  Hopefully now no more Cockrell.  Hopefully now no more Cockrell.  Hopefully now no more Cockrell.  Hopefully now no more Cockrell....
"there is a light that never goes out"

Tiger4Lyfe

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2017, 05:00:50 PM »

nice pick up if he stays healthy. I was listening to Sirius NFL channel and they were talking joe haden sweepstakes. Didn't expect the Steelers to be in on him.

Hope he isnt another Brandon Boykin or Justin Gilbert
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 05:07:10 PM by Tiger4Lyfe »

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2017, 09:13:51 PM »

I was hoping my Saints would pick Hayden up. Damnit!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 24