PSB

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the New PSB

Author Topic: Steeler season  (Read 75 times)

bfgrad

• Hall of Fame
Steeler season
« on: August 12, 2017, 04:07:45 AM »

Early exhibition games are so hard to watch because players are in and out with many of them good candidates to be among the first cuts. But I thought Knile Davis and Schuster-Smith looked good on offense. The first team DL was very good. Dobbs seems to have a strong arm, but appears to me like he needs work on his release. Looked like he releases the ball too high and that's why so many of his passes are high and/or sail. I thought he did a good job staying in the pocket and not just taking off to run, but I don't think Landry Jones should worry about his #2 qb job.

bfgrad

• Hall of Fame
Re: Steeler season
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2017, 08:23:16 PM »

Watched the game today. The 1st team defense was pretty bad in pass defense. Hargrave looked good at NT, but went out with a concussion. The pass defense was torched. I understand it's exhibition season, but that was a bad showing. Cockrell was targeted a lot and didn't stop anything that came his way. Not a good day for him. McCullers played ok once Hargrave went out. Thought Sensabaugh looked good when he got a chance to play. Have to hope Williams and Matakevich aren't on the field together very often because neither of them cover well.

Thought Dobbs was improved. It's clear he's being coached to stay in the pocket, go through his reads and not pull the ball down and run right away. His throws were better and not sailing on him. It was a little disappointing to see Connor drop the little swing passes, but that'll probably turn out to be an aberration. He ran hard and some nice runs in the second half. Finney didn't impress me filling for Pouncey and didn't last week either. I think they'd be in trouble if Pouncey has to miss time this season.

hs

• Hall of Fame
Re: Steeler season
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2017, 04:48:26 AM »

William Gay looks horrible at cornerback. He needs replaced by anybody

I liked also the way James Conner ran. Granted a lot came after the Falcons 1st defense was off the field, but there is potential there to be a good backup. Just needs to focus a little more on catching those passes