PSB

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the New PSB

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Thomas Burns-Pine-Richland  (Read 983 times)

Bridger Bill

• Jr. Varsity
Thomas Burns-Pine-Richland
« on: August 10, 2017, 10:04:47 PM »

The rich get richer, as many of you already know by now.  Thomas Burns (younger brother of Steelers' Artie Burns) has decided to enroll at P-R and play football/run track.  It will be interesting to see where they plan to line up the speedster (possible future Olympic sprinter).  At Miami Northwestern, Burns played Cornerback and returned kicks/punts.  I do not see a HUDL account anywhere or on any of the recruiting websites to see if he got in some plays on offense at all or not.  It's almost a given they will plug him in at CB/KR and PR, but this kid could really have a monster season if Phill Jurkovec throws to him as a WR.  I am super-stoked now to watch that Wayne, OH-Pine-Richland game on ESPN!   

Indians87

• All State

shoelessjoe-1919

• Varsity
Re: Thomas Burns-Pine-Richland
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2017, 03:49:09 PM »

Wow. If Grant Carrigan, Kenny White and Thomas Burns would have transferred to Central Catholic, this thread would be ten pages long by now.

More power to them, and I personally hope this kid does great things at PR, but there is definitely a double standard among many when it comes to this stuff.

SJ

Jerry

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2017, 04:07:26 PM »

Wow. If Grant Carrigan, Kenny White and Thomas Burns would have transferred to Central Catholic, this thread would be ten pages long by now.

More power to them, and I personally hope this kid does great things at PR, but there is definitely a double standard among many when it comes to this stuff.

SJ
It is amazing, but I've said it all along, no one gives two hoots about a public school getting transfers. To me they just want something to bitch about and it's a little about some hidden bias' against private schools. For me I've never had any connection to any Catholic school but I don't care where they get players. I've ben following high school sports for well over 50 years and transfers happen everywhere all the time.

New2PA

• Varsity
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2017, 04:25:58 PM »

There is no doubt P-R is loaded with those additions and you are right SJ that the thread would be huge if they went to PCC.

It will be interesting to see if kids keep coming to P-R after Jurkovec graduates.

Bridger Bill

• Jr. Varsity
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2017, 09:27:54 PM »

SJ
It is amazing, but I've said it all along, no one gives two hoots about a public school getting transfers. To me they just want something to bitch about and it's a little about some hidden bias' against private schools. For me I've never had any connection to any Catholic school but I don't care where they get players. I've ben following high school sports for well over 50 years and transfers happen everywhere all the time.

You should see all the transfers down south where I live (Alabama) and have lived (Florida)!!  LOL!  I've seen kids transfer from School A to School B and then back to school A (granted they are within the same County), and they are not private schools. 

The local HS where I live right now had a QB (that recently committed to Missouri) that just transferred to a state semifinalist that is 10 miles down the road.  He is just one example, but kids these days transfer far more than in years past because they want to win!  I am not against it, but does it create an unfair advantage, of course it does! Especially when the schools play against one another.   

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2017, 09:41:34 PM »

Bingo!

Batavia

• Jr. Varsity
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2017, 11:10:15 AM »

SJ

Agree with you SJ.

Indians87

• All State
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2017, 07:06:02 PM »

Well Kenny White tried...  And Burns was considering... ;)

I think PR will remain a solid program for several years to come.  Cole Spencer (mostly known for wrestling) will possibly be the next QB1 to step up and run that explosive offense.

I think the most interesting topic for PR this year is how Coach K does running the D and letting Lehmeir run the O.  Coach K is gonna bring a little of that Indian style D to PR!!!

Bridger Bill

• Jr. Varsity
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2017, 10:09:45 PM »

Anyone have any Intel on where Burns will line up yet?

shoelessjoe-1919

• Varsity
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2017, 08:16:28 PM »

Well Kenny White tried...  And Burns was considering... ;)

Burns looked into Central when he was a junior right? Central doesn't accept senior transfers, even if they are top shelf athletes. In fact they get very few transfers considering the level of the program. But you can tell people that and they still believe what they want.

I'll say it again though, I wish these kids well at PR.

SJ

Bridger Bill

• Jr. Varsity
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2017, 10:03:56 PM »

No Thomas Burns sighting/talk on ESPN today. Any word on if he is playing football for Pine-Richland this year?   

New2PA

• Varsity
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2017, 10:11:52 PM »

He is enrolled at P-R. Not sure if or when he will be playing.

Indians87

• All State
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2017, 07:30:13 AM »

He was on the sidelines wearing number 18.  I think there was some hold up with needing a parent signature...  I think that was all taken care of but not in enought time for him to suit up for week 0. 

Bridger Bill

• Jr. Varsity
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2017, 06:55:05 PM »

He was on the sidelines wearing number 18.  I think there was some hold up with needing a parent signature...  I think that was all taken care of but not in enought time for him to suit up for week 0.

Thanks Indians87.  I'm sure they'll have plenty of time to EASE him into the lineup.
Pages: [1] 2