PSB

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the New PSB

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]

Author Topic: Pitt 2017  (Read 3516 times)

Tiger4Lyfe

• Hall of Fame
Re: Pitt 2017
« Reply #225 on: December 06, 2017, 05:28:15 PM »

Henderson could play in NFL, no idea if he'll get drafted but you got Tarik Cohen running around.  He can finish his degree whenever, he isn't improving his stock a whole lot staying for another year, how many kicks does he need to run back? If he doesn't make it, he cost himself a year of Pitt football, big deal.

Narduzzi's extension, I just see it as getting a raise for beating Miami. May mean he was approached by one of the open schools and media never got wind of it but he used it for a pay bump. Cant blame him, they all do it. His job looks stable to recruits too now. Kids think he should be there for their 4 years. If Dantonio retires or some of the other B1G jobs open up, he's gonna be a candidate. If they set the buy-out appropiately, the extension makes sense. Got him for 7 more years or his buy-out will pay for the next coach's first year or two.

KernKraft400

• Varsity
« Reply #226 on: December 07, 2017, 03:34:29 PM »

Extending coach Duzz is a good thing.  I don't pretend to know if 7 years makes sense or not.  But it's not my money so I'm glad we have him. 

I do reserve too much exuberance about next year.  For a decade we've been told "this is the year" and hasn't happened yet.  I predict 8-9 wins in a big jump of faith!

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #227 on: December 09, 2017, 02:17:08 PM »

I feel that a Narduzzi raise/extension is a no brainer. He is the first coach since Wanny and really only the second since the Hackett/Majors II era that really wants to be at Putt. Not to mention his results have been fine all things considering.

coach99

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #228 on: December 09, 2017, 03:08:28 PM »

I think an important part of his extension is the money available for assistant coaches to get a raise as well...and maybe some security..if there is such a thing in coaching.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]