PSB

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the New PSB

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16

Author Topic: Pitt 2017  (Read 3517 times)

hs

• Hall of Fame
Re: Pitt 2017
« Reply #105 on: October 07, 2017, 06:24:09 PM »

Syracuse 27
Pitt 24
Final

First win for Cuse vs Pitt since 2012.  Pitt may not win a game the rest of the year.

They also had to burn redshirt season of a QB due to Denucci having his helmet knocked off and no other QB to put in the game on the last play.  May as well try him out now since this season is a wash.

There was only 12 seconds or so left in the game and Pitt was back on their 20 or something like that. Why burn the redshirt season of their QB? Why not just put Whitehead or someone like that in, hike him the ball and take a knee or run around the field? There was no way IMO they were going to throw a bomb and win that game and there was no time to get into field goal range to try and tie it because they had no timeouts. Just wondering

KidRaven

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #106 on: October 07, 2017, 07:05:16 PM »

Maybe Narduzzi realized Brown could be out some time and he will need him.  They better us him now and I wouldn't be against starting him.
Uniontown Red Raider Basketball: 1756-588 Record
4 PIAA Titles; 8 WPIAL Titles; 47 Section Titles

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #107 on: October 07, 2017, 07:07:59 PM »

Maybe Narduzzi realized Brown could be out some time and he will need him.  They better us him now and I wouldn't be against starting him.

I agree with that but if for some strange reason Browne is back in a week or two Narduzzi will probably get roasted for burning his redshirt

Tiger4Lyfe

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #108 on: October 07, 2017, 07:31:55 PM »

that was dumb. MacVittie could/should of went and found his helmet as soon as Browne got hurt. MacVittie has played on special teams this year

DiNucci sucks so since Pickett burned the redshirt, they should play him the rest of the way. I'm really not interested in another garbage bowl game, just get Pickett and/or MacVittie some experience. Someone should of sat DiNucci down and told him to stick with Penn even after Chryst gave him the late offer, he isnt built for ACC football. He's like JJ Cosentino at FSU, punching well above his weight, FSU is smart enough not to play Cosentino.

Writers seem to think Narduzzi made it clear that DiNucci starts next week...
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 07:41:50 PM by Tiger4Lyfe »

coach99

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #109 on: October 08, 2017, 12:31:56 PM »

Pitt will  not go anywhere until they can convince some top level QB to come to Oakland. But, just looking at the games on tv every Saturday and comparing atmospheres and talent...why would a really good QB come here? :(

BALDWINTRACK

• Varsity
« Reply #110 on: October 08, 2017, 11:37:54 PM »

Pitt will  not go anywhere until they can convince some top level QB to come to Oakland. But, just looking at the games on tv every Saturday and comparing atmospheres and talent...why would a really good QB come here? :(

You do realize their last 2 QBs were drafted right?

coach99

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #111 on: October 09, 2017, 11:18:56 AM »

You do realize their last 2 QBs were drafted right?
Getting drafted and being able to lift a program up are two different things. They were good enough to become journeymen QBs in NFL, but did not have the skills to make Pitt into a big time program.

Downriver

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
« Reply #112 on: October 09, 2017, 01:14:34 PM »

Pitt's biggest problem is they're sitting right in the middle of Ohio State, Penn State and West Virginia.  Recruits look at the facilities and programs at these 3 and Pitt almost always will be 4th choice for top recruits.  You can't build a national program playing in someone else's stadium when you're competition is the 3 mentioned above.   

Tiger4Lyfe

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #113 on: October 09, 2017, 01:43:33 PM »

Pitt is never winning a national title but competing to win the Coastal division and playing in the ACCCG is a goal that is reasonable on a year-to-year basis. No school in the country is exempt to recruiting a good QB, more than 100 come out of hs every year. They arent gonna get the sure thing 5 star but have to find that gem 2 star that hasn't developed yet. Plenty of examples of great QBs being recruited to worse schools than Pitt.

The urban setting hurts Pitt with big recruits, unless they are some sort of family legacy recruit or a local, not many 4 and 5 star kids are choosing Pitt football who plays 4th or 5th fiddle in the city, where if you go to Columbus, Tuscaloosa, or Tallahassee your team is the premier sports team. They kept Whitehead because he is a momma's boy local. Pitt needs to go after more juco kids, especially men's hoops

Downriver

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
« Reply #114 on: October 09, 2017, 02:09:58 PM »

Agree completely T4L.  Temple has exactly the same situation being a downtown Philly college.  They can assemble a decent team but will never get the top shelf athletes.  Although both Temple, Pitt and Villanova have done well in basketball.  It's a lot easier to recruit 10 kids versus the 80-90 needed for football.

coach99

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #115 on: October 09, 2017, 04:58:46 PM »

Pitt has to build a team good enough to win the ACC and get to a top notch bowl game. If they can do that a few years in a row, maybe they can set the goal higher.
I like Pitt..my daughter went to Pitt..but if I had a son that was a good football player...I would steer him clear of Pitt.  I don't like the facilities or the setting at all.    Slippery Rock is moer appealling.

Tiger4Lyfe

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #116 on: October 09, 2017, 09:11:58 PM »

Yeah I wouldn't be wild about sending a son to Pitt, you have to live on campus as a freshman, then after that you can commute. At least that was the policy when Todd Thomas and Devin Cook were there.

Tiger4Lyfe

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #117 on: October 09, 2017, 11:45:16 PM »

Agree completely T4L.  Temple has exactly the same situation being a downtown Philly college.  They can assemble a decent team but will never get the top shelf athletes.  Although both Temple, Pitt and Villanova have done well in basketball.  It's a lot easier to recruit 10 kids versus the 80-90 needed for football.

Even worse for them, they got the 76ers there and many colleges compete there(particularly basketball tho). I actually think the MAC would be great for Pitt W-L wise, if not $$$-wise. Or even just staying put in the Big East. I'm not a fan of Pitt in the ACC for hoops, got a better chance of seeing God than Pitt winning an ACC regular season title. Football is more reasonable, win the Coastal, then 1 big upset of whoever wins the Atlantic

I imagine a parent of an Imhotep football player prays their child doesn't choose Temple if he got a choice. I'd want my kid out at a rural college town. Kid survives 18 years in West Philly, football is a ticket out, use it would definitely be my advice
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 11:50:48 PM by Tiger4Lyfe »

Tiger4Lyfe

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #118 on: October 14, 2017, 02:02:06 PM »

Pitt 14
20 NC ST 14 3rd qtr

So far so good, Pitt needs to get Henderson the ball more. Big ole lineman #70 Brian O'Neill almost scored a TD, got tackled at 1 after review and Hall scored. He's defending his Piesman Trophy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=63&v=WTskPii97U8
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 02:13:04 PM by Tiger4Lyfe »

coach99

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #119 on: October 14, 2017, 06:48:34 PM »

How bad is Pitt that they must use their best D back to spark the offense.  Will Pitt win another game this year?  If Pitt were playing in 6A WPIAL..they might beat Shaler and Butler.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16