PSB

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the New PSB

Author Topic: July 4th Weekend  (Read 369 times)

Nicky

• All State
July 4th Weekend
« on: June 28, 2017, 05:15:15 PM »

Super long July 4th weekend upon us.  Hopefully your days, like mine, will be filled with hot dogs, hamburgers, sausages, multiple side dishes, ice cold tea, lemonade and beers.  And of course that layered strawberry pretzel cream cheese jello stuff that's my fav part of summer.  Enjoy!

Anybody do things like ribs, whole hogs, pulled pork or things like that?  Or any other family traditions?
"There is no dark side of the moon, really.  Matter of fact, it's all dark"

hs

• Hall of Fame
Re: July 4th Weekend
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 10:41:25 PM »

We typically do ribs and absolutely the strawberry pretzel salad. Gotta get me one of those Traeger grills to start doing my ribs.

I would love to hear from someone who does a whole hog. Always wanted to do one

I have to umpire a youth baseball tournament but this weekend isn't looking good for the weather. Calling for rain Friday, Saturday, maybe Sunday and it looks like also rain on the 4th of July 

Nicky

• All State
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 09:13:23 AM »

Yea i've been thinking about getting a higher end grill than what I have now, or even a smoker, but I'm not well versed in the BBQ world so I'm anxious to see if anybody here has experience cooking or smoking meats. 

I also love making homemade sausage and burger pattys, so always looking for different varieties and seasoning mixes other people use in theirs.
"There is no dark side of the moon, really.  Matter of fact, it's all dark"

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2017, 07:00:06 AM »

Yea i've been thinking about getting a higher end grill than what I have now, or even a smoker, but I'm not well versed in the BBQ world so I'm anxious to see if anybody here has experience cooking or smoking meats. 

I also love making homemade sausage and burger pattys, so always looking for different varieties and seasoning mixes other people use in theirs.

I love doing my own BBQ just for the simple fact that I can control how much sugar I put in everything. I am a huge Diners, Drive Ins and Dives fan and after watching the show for many years and seeing how much sugar is put in everything when you go out to eat at a restaurant, I would rather do it myself and experiment with the ingredients

Tiger4Lyfe

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2017, 05:59:09 PM »

going to my sister-in-laws. Not really sure what we are having besides the usual hamburgers, hot dogs, mac salad, linguine, etc. My brother has a fryer he cooks a turkey in peanut oil every thanksgiving outside. I have half a freezer full of walleye, crappie, and bluegill filets(mostly from Pymatuming). Might call him and see if he wants me to bring some of them. Could go for some mustard breaded crappie. We had a big fish fry last fall when we came home from Pymatuming.

Headed to Ellwood City for a gyro(and any other food vendor I find interesting) and fireworks now. Fireworks at 10pm