PSB

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the New PSB

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Passing camps  (Read 1604 times)

coach99

• Hall of Fame
Passing camps
« on: June 27, 2017, 09:48:41 AM »

A basically all day 7 on 7 is taking place at Bethel Park HS today. 6/27. I am not sure how many schools are there, but I am pretty sure that Pine Richland is there. There are 'games' scheduled to start each hour up through the afternoon..championship game last.
So, if  you are in the area you might want to stop in to get a football fix.

Indians87

• All State
Re: Passing camps
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 03:07:12 PM »

Today and tomorrow.  approximately 15 schools.  PR is one of them.  ;)

Indians87

• All State
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 08:07:39 PM »

FYI - PR lost in the Championship game to Imohtep.  I heard it was a real good game...

coach99

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2017, 11:13:22 PM »

I heard Imotep was doing a lot of trash talking and whinning and somewhat dirty from some people that were there.

Bridger Bill

• Jr. Varsity
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2017, 02:59:36 PM »

I watched the championship game between PR-Imhotep, as WPAFootball had a live feed of the game on Twitter.  You can probably watch the replay of it on WPA Football's Twitter page. 

Yes, Imhotep won, but it came down to the final minute of the game.  PR got within 1 point and then went for 2 points with around 7 seconds left in the game.  Imhotep stopped them and then I believe added a long TD pass with no time left.  Tough battle for sure!  Jurkovec did throw an INT on the first PR possession, but then looked really really good afterwards.  It was tough to tell who was who at times, but Crawford had a solid game catching passes.  Kenny White played also had a TD catch. Imhotep had some MONSTERS at WR. 

New2PA

• Varsity
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2017, 03:48:04 PM »

A few more details I picked up. P-R played without Falcone who is still out with a knee and another starting WR. In pool play they tied Imhotep earlier in the day. Defensive back 7 looked very good. Coach K's involvement on that side of the ball paying off. Probably will come down to finding enough OL/DL kids to withstand the wear and tear of the season.

Bridger Bill

• Jr. Varsity
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2017, 07:41:40 PM »

I was thinking to myself "Where is Falcone?" while watching it.  Who is the other WR they were missing? 

New2PA

• Varsity
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2017, 11:17:11 AM »

I'm not sure. I watched that twitter video and couldn't tell who anyone was.

Bridger Bill

• Jr. Varsity
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2017, 08:15:58 PM »

FWIW, Phil Jurkovec fell 8 spots (from #91) to #99 in today's recent release of the 2018 recruiting rankings on 247sports.com.  He is ranked #66 in the Composite rankings.

Although recruiting rankings do not mean much in the long run, he most likely fell because he chooses to work with his teammates versus going from individual camp to individual camp throughout the summer. Phil is a great teammate for putting his team first and improving their chemistry.  I am really looking forward to watching the Zero week game versus Wayne, OH.  Should be one hell of a game!   

coach99

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2017, 10:59:43 AM »

FWIW, Phil Jurkovec fell 8 spots (from #91) to #99 in today's recent release of the 2018 recruiting rankings on 247sports.com.  He is ranked #66 in the Composite rankings.

Although recruiting rankings do not mean much in the long run, he most likely fell because he chooses to work with his teammates versus going from individual camp to individual camp throughout the summer. Phil is a great teammate for putting his team first and improving their chemistry.  I am really looking forward to watching the Zero week game versus Wayne, OH.  Should be one hell of a game!
Isn't he committed to Notre Dame already?  Why waste time and money at those camps now anyway. Stay home and enjoy your senior year.

Nicky

• All State
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2017, 01:32:53 PM »

Bridger Bill you nailed it.  All these WPIAL and Western PA Football twitter feeds trying to blow their own horn and pushing all their camps and 7on7 Tourneys and whatnot, just to make a buck and make mom/dad happy that their kid gets his picture or a mention on twitter. 

Even worst are all these coaches tweeting out hashtags, pics and comments every time they get a commit.  Pitt is 1-5 in their last six bowl games and have lost 5+ games a year for as long as I can remember and Narduzzi tweets every day.  For 10 years and five coaches Pitt has been turning the corner, making strides, getting ready for "their year" and building a wall around the WPIAL.  Literally, I'd settle for winning a Bowl game around the holidays and be happy as a pig in shit.  He's been hashtagging about the 2018 class like crazy and it's barely Top 40 right now.  Kansas, Maryland, even Cincinatti is ahead of them.  Scarier yet is that Miami is Top 5-10 across the board and VT in Top 15. 

Narduzzi certainly not the only one.  Just closest in terms of geography for us to use as an example.

OK rant over.  I just agree, and really hate what these internet clowns, twitter posers and camps/clinics have done to HS football.  If you're a skill player, they've made it almost an individual sport now.  Get your stats, accolades and offers. 

coach99 with a good point, why would he waste his time at all these individual camps when he's verballed already. 
"There is no dark side of the moon, really.  Matter of fact, it's all dark"

Bridger Bill

• Jr. Varsity
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2017, 06:10:16 PM »

Bridger Bill you nailed it.  All these WPIAL and Western PA Football twitter feeds trying to blow their own horn and pushing all their camps and 7on7 Tourneys and whatnot, just to make a buck and make mom/dad happy that their kid gets his picture or a mention on twitter. 

Even worst are all these coaches tweeting out hashtags, pics and comments every time they get a commit.  Pitt is 1-5 in their last six bowl games and have lost 5+ games a year for as long as I can remember and Narduzzi tweets every day.  For 10 years and five coaches Pitt has been turning the corner, making strides, getting ready for "their year" and building a wall around the WPIAL.  Literally, I'd settle for winning a Bowl game around the holidays and be happy as a pig in shit.  He's been hashtagging about the 2018 class like crazy and it's barely Top 40 right now.  Kansas, Maryland, even Cincinatti is ahead of them.  Scarier yet is that Miami is Top 5-10 across the board and VT in Top 15. 

Narduzzi certainly not the only one.  Just closest in terms of geography for us to use as an example.

OK rant over.  I just agree, and really hate what these internet clowns, twitter posers and camps/clinics have done to HS football.  If you're a skill player, they've made it almost an individual sport now.  Get your stats, accolades and offers. 

coach99 with a good point, why would he waste his time at all these individual camps when he's verballed already.

Yes, he is committed to ND.  A lot of the times (these days), it does not matter if a kid is committed somewhere or not, they still go to all the Rivals/Nike etc. camps to try and earn a better ranking/more offers.  Seems to be a bragging rights type of deal for them or whatever!  Pine Richalnd was pretty active in the TEAM 7 on 7 aspect this summer, which will help them in the fall. 

Yeah I always see Narduzzi tweeting stuff out.  I am a Florida State fan, and although some of the assistant coaches tweet some, go look at Jimbo Fisher's Twitter page.  A lot of college head coaches do it, but some choose not to for whatever reason.  I know FSU does not let their players tweet once the season starts, which is probably a good thing! 

New2PA

• Varsity
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2017, 02:55:15 PM »

Been away for a while but a little P-R update.

The kid that was out a few weeks ago was Defransis. Returning starter at WR.

Falcone should be cleared to play next week. Huge addition.

PR went up to Slippery Rock a few weeks ago and split a pair of 7 on 7's with Erie Cathedral Prep. Prep and Imhotep are the only two teams who have beaten them in 7 on 7 this year, both without Falcone and the Defransis kid.

OL is a lot bigger than last year - been told its probably 20-30 lbs a player. All those sophomores maturing. If they can run the ball just a little with Crawford and White, watch out.

Was told defense could be "elite". That is a hard to believe. "Average" would be a huge step up. But they do return 8 or 9 on that side of ball.

I don't know about all the kids, but the only P-R kid that I saw play outside of with the team was White, who played with Evolve team from the city. The rest of them, including Jurkovec, only played with the team. I think that's good.

Bridger Bill

• Jr. Varsity
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2017, 05:57:50 PM »

P-R's defense will need to be more than "average" against that Wayne, OH team in zero week IMO.  I read that that team scored at least 50 points in something like 8 of their last 12 games, I could be wrong.  Either way, I think it will be a shootout.  Wayne features that big WR on offense, who is a STUD!  One recruiting website has him listed as the #5 player in Ohio. On defense they have a DE who is rated very high as well. P-R will need to be more patient running the ball/keeping their defense rested.  I'm excited to get to see that game LIVE since I live down south!

Totally off topic, but does anyone know when Root Sports (now AT&T Sports) will release their LIVE broadcast schedule of this season's games?  That is really my only chance to catch WPIAL games, as no cable provider has PCN or the local Pittsburgh channel that broadcasts games (can't think of the name of it) down here. 

New2PA

• Varsity
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2017, 06:17:46 PM »

I have not heard if Root is broadcasting any games.

Here is WPNT22's schedule though: http://22thepoint.com/sports/friday-night-rivals/2017-friday-night-rivals-schedule

Pages: [1] 2