PSB

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the New PSB

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Penguins off-season  (Read 1289 times)

bfgrad

• Hall of Fame
Re: Penguins off-season
« Reply #75 on: July 07, 2017, 11:24:28 AM »

Tocchet might end up in AZ, but remember he was also rumored to be the next head coach in Buff, too.

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #76 on: July 07, 2017, 02:39:19 PM »

Arizona is the only place (other than Tampa, who fired him) that I would not have guessed, considering that is where he was when the whole gambling ordeal with Janet Gretzky. He definitely has baggage there, although they are such an unengaged market that I'm not sure how many of their own fans even remember that lol. I hope for him that he gets it. Not a great job of course but they are in the building back up stage, and at least unlike Buffalo he inherits a well coached team from Dave Tippett.

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #77 on: July 11, 2017, 03:41:35 PM »

Tocchet officially named Coyotes new Head Coach. Thank you to Coach Tocchet for his service  [once again] to the Penguins franchise and best of luck in the desert. 

Pens backfill by appointing Mark Recchi as the new assistant coach . Ironically Recchi and Tocchet were big pieces of a trade for each other in 1992.

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #78 on: July 11, 2017, 09:38:23 PM »

Tocchet officially named Coyotes new Head Coach. Thank you to Coach Tocchet for his service  [once again] to the Penguins franchise and best of luck in the desert. 

Pens backfill by appointing Mark Recchi as the new assistant coach . Ironically Recchi and Tocchet were big pieces of a trade for each other in 1992.

I hope this works out

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #79 on: July 12, 2017, 05:42:45 PM »

They also named Sergei Gonchar an assistant coach today

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #80 on: July 12, 2017, 09:16:53 PM »

Pens sign Archibald and Poulliot today. Archibald signs for 2 years with an annual salary of $675,000. Poulliot to a 1 year deal for $800,000. Both are one way contracts

Archibald is fine but Poulliot confuses me. I guess they are giving him another chance to prove himself
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 09:20:26 PM by hs »

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #81 on: July 13, 2017, 12:54:11 AM »

Poulliot is still very young for a dman (not unlike Maata). So I like the move and wish that it was longer term, although at his age he would be a RFA again next offseason I assume. Archibald getting a one-way surprises me a bit more. Makes me wonder if they are planning on moving anyone up front?

bfgrad

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #82 on: July 13, 2017, 07:40:41 AM »

Madden thinks the Pens could move Sheary in a trade what with the glut of forwards. Sheary and Dumoulin have the same agent who took both to arbitration against the team. Maybe with Pouliot now being signed to a 1 way deal, a trade could expand to include both Sheary and Dumoulin. With Gonchar now officially an assistant coach, he'll be able to help Pouliot a lot more to tap his potential.

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #83 on: July 13, 2017, 12:57:58 PM »

Well that's a relief. If Madden reported that they are trying to trade those guys, the opposite will happen lol. Probably long term contracts in the works for both.

In all seriousness I could see them wanting to extend Dumoulin he has been an important cog especially this past season. Sheary is a role player plain and simple and is absolutely expendable.

bfgrad

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #84 on: July 13, 2017, 02:34:17 PM »

Madden's pretty plugged in to the Penguins. A couple days before Tocchet was officially hired by Phx, he wrote about Recchi being the perfect replacement and whaddayaknow, Recchi's the new asst coach less than 24 hrs after Tocchet left.

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #85 on: July 13, 2017, 07:48:27 PM »

I don't think that he has ever been right about a trade.

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #86 on: July 13, 2017, 09:52:18 PM »

Madden's pretty plugged in to the Penguins. A couple days before Tocchet was officially hired by Phx, he wrote about Recchi being the perfect replacement and whaddayaknow, Recchi's the new asst coach less than 24 hrs after Tocchet left.

I know a lot of people hate on Madden but he is typically spot on about the Penguins. I trust him on Pens info more than anyone else on the radio or TV. And yes, unless you are the GM or coach, I don't think anybody reports trades right. It's all rumors until it happens or someone possibly leaks it out

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #87 on: July 14, 2017, 07:27:24 AM »

That's my point. He has zero "insider information" regarding trades...it is just speculation like you or I would do.

Now regarding the Pens in general sure he has connections and knows hockey, so he is a much more valuable voice than, say, Rob Rossi. I will give him that.

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #88 on: Today at 08:58:33 AM »

Article out there that Dumoulin and the Pens are very far apart in contract talks. Dumoulin was asking for 4.35 million and the Pens were offering 1.95 million. His arbitration hearing is scheduled for Monday while Sheary's is scheduled for August 4th.

Rumor also is Rutherford is waiting to see what happens is these two hearings before trading for a 3rd line center. Pens are 10.3 million under the cap at this time
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]