PSB

Advanced search  

News:

Welcome - Use login button below to enter.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Penguins off-season  (Read 9524 times)

hs

• Hall of Fame
Re: Penguins off-season
« Reply #105 on: August 17, 2017, 09:37:47 PM »

I'd really look forward to seeing a 3rd of Guentzel cetering Hagelin and Kessel. I think those 3 would be dynamite together given opponents will focus on Sid and Geno's lines first and second. There are plenty of fast young forwards for Sid and Geno among Sheary/Rust/Sprong/Kuhnackl, etc.

I would like to see that also but I don't think the Penguins will move Guentzel from Sid's wing. But man I would love to see Sprong with Sid. Don't forget about Aston Reese to. If he shines during training camp, they might be looking for a spot for him also.

I can't believe in just over a month exhibition games start!!!! Can't wait to be there when they raise the banner in October!

bfgrad

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #106 on: September 13, 2017, 04:51:22 PM »

Off-season closing on Friday with the start of training camp for the 2X defending Stanley Cup champs.  :)

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #107 on: September 14, 2017, 02:23:31 AM »

First preseason game at home September 20th and I can't wait!!!!

bfgrad

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #108 on: September 14, 2017, 10:03:41 PM »

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #109 on: September 15, 2017, 10:06:15 PM »

Madden interviewed Jim Rutherford today and he stated there are three centers he is looking at to trade for and of course he would not divulge any names. He also stated he has no intentions of moving Guentzel off of Crosby's line and using him as a center. Rutherford talked a lot about not pressing for wins during the season and possibly not even getting a center until the trade deadline or before the playoffs. I am in total agreement with this. I do not want to see players like Malkin blocking shots in November. IMO, the Pens just making the playoffs this year after what they have been through the past two seasons would be great to me.

I am also looking forward to an influx of young talent like Sprong and Reese that I think players like this with fresh legs can take this team far this season. GMJR also said he does not want to use Murray as a workhorse in net and feels Niemi can come in and play 30 or so games. To me that is a stretch and I wish Fleury and Murray would've been used like this. Maybe they learned their lesson 
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]