PSB

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the New PSB

Author Topic: Me, NH, Vt, MA, CT, RI, NY, NJ, PA, DE, MD, DC, VA, NC, SC, GA, FL, AL, MS, LA.  (Read 745 times)

Jerry

• Hall of Fame

I have been watching games despite all the things I went through from February till now. It’s the thing that keeps me going. Not watch all the time and maybe not as much but I will be. I’m not going to post box scores like I did last year, besides taking a lot of space it takes much more time, since I like to use colors. I’m going to start posting state by state the ratings, I did with lots of help and list the games I saw on those teams that are rated. I did do more this year, going to 10 teams as much as possible.

================================================
FULL GAMES FOR TEAMS THAT PLAYED IN LARGE SCHOOL STATE FINALS I COULD NOT WATCH ON THE INTERNET OR TV. I also went through state-by-state and tried to watch the 3 to 10 best teams in each state depending what strength the state had. Saw very interesting games. USA Today does a computer Top 25 in every state and for the most part it is pretty accurate. So I would look at that, MaxPreps and some states did final overall ratings to come up with mine for each state. I really won’t mention where the ratings come from state-by-state since I just went over it here.

MAINE
Added a fifth class this year and Portland who won A last year moved up and won AA this year and was again the #1 team in the state. #1 Portland 22-1, #2 Greely 22-1, #3 Stevens Academy 22-0, #4 Edward Little 18-2, #5 Winthrop 21-1, #6 Mount Desert Island 19-3, #7 Machias 21-1, #8 Thornton Academy 17-3, #9 Orono 17-4, #10 Hermon 18-3…On March 4 Portland was seen winning the AA state title over South Portland. Greely was seen winning the A state title over Messalonskee. Stevens Academy was seen winning the Class C state title over Winthrop. Edward Little was seen in the AA North Regional final losing to Portland. Desert Island was seen winning the B state title over Wells. Machias was seen in the D state final defeating Greenville. Thornton Academy was seen losing to South Portland in the AA South Region title game. Orono was seen winning over Hermon in the B North Semifinal.

NEW HAMPSHIRE
#1 Portsmouth 22-2, #2 Lebanon 21-1, # 3 Winnacunnet 20-5, # 4 Bedford 18-4, # 5 Spaulding 17-4, #6 Kearsarge Regional 20-2, # 7 Coe-Brown Academy 18-4, # 8 Milford 19-2.….Portsmouth won another state title defeating Bedford for the Division 1 championship. Portsmouth was also seen defeating #3 Winnacunnet in the Division 1 semifinal. Lebanon beat Coe-Brown for the Division 2 championship seen below. Bedford was also seen defeating #5 Spaulding in the other Division 1 semifinal. Kearsarge was seen winning the Division 3 State Championship. Coe Brown was seen beating Milford in the Division 2 Semifinals.

VERMONT
#1 Rutland 22-2, # 2 Champlain Valley 22-2, # 3 Enosburg Falls 24-0, # 4 Burlington 18-5, # 5 Williamstown 22-1, # 6 South Burlington Rice Memorial 14-8, # 7 Missisquoi 18-5, #8 Mount Mansfield 13-9, # 9 St. Johnsbury 13-9 # 10. Rutland Mount St. Joseph 18-6.….On March 13, Rutland defeated Champlain to win the Division 1 State Championship. It was their first state title in 50 years. Enosburg completed an undefeated season winning the Division II state title over Rutland Mount St. Joseph seen right here. Burlington was seen losing a very close 41-38 game to Rutland in the Division I semifinals. Williamstown was seen winning the Division III state title. Missisquoi was seen losing to Champlain Valley in the Division I semifinals. Saw Rice Memorial lose to Missisquoi, Mount Mansfield lose to Rutland and St. Johnsbury lose to Champlain Valley, all in the Division 1 quarterfinals. That meant that I saw Rutland and Champlain Valley’s games in the quarterfinals, semifinals and championship game.

MASSACHUSETTS
# 1 Cambridge Rindge & Latin 25-0, #2 Boston Brighton 23-5, # 3 Needham 22-6, # 4 Boston College High 20-3, #5 Franklin 21-5, #6 Springfield Central 19-3, #7 Mansfield 20-3, #8 Maynard 24-4, #9 Lawrence Central Catholic 20-6, # 10 Everett 19-2.….On March 18, I saw Cambridge Ringe & Latin win their second consecutive Division 1 State Championship with a 70-43 win over Franklin. Boston Brighton won the Division 2 title with an equally impressive 82-58 win over Nashoba Reg. Brighton beat two strong teams in Arlington and Lynn Classical to reach the state semifinals and both were seen below. Only game I could find on Boston College High was an 88-85 loss to Boston Catholic Memorial. Saw Springfield Central blow an eight-point lead in the 10 seconds in the final 15 seconds of the game and lose to Franklin in overtime. Saw Mansfield defeat Bridgewater-Raynham in the Division 1 South semi-finals. Saw Maynard win the Division 4 State Championship. Saw Central Catholic defeat Lynn English in first round of Division 1 North Section. Only game I could find on Everett was a loss to Lynn Classical in January.                       
CONNECTICUT
#1 New Haven Hillhouse 28-1, #2 Waterbury Sacred Heart 28-0, #3 Manchester East Catholic 26-2, #4 East Hartford 23-4, #5 Hartford Weaver 23-4, #6 West Haven Notre Dame 23-2, #7 Fairfield Notre Dame 25-3, #8 Brookfield 19-7, #9 Middletown 22-4 #10 Stamford Trinity Catholic 20-6.….On March 18, I saw Hillhouse defeat East Hartford for the LL State Championship. Then saw Sacred Heart defeat Fairfield Notre Dame for L state championship. Saw East Catholic defeat Bloomfield in a Central Connecticut Conference game. Saw Weaver defeat Middletown in the Greater Hartford Pro-Am Youth High School “Spirit of Doc” Classic. Then saw West Haven Notre Dame lose to Hillhouse in the Southern Connecitcut Conference Championship game. Then saw Brookfield edge Bloomfield for the M state championship and Trinity win the S state title.

RHODE ISLAND
#1 Warwick Bishop Hendricken 24-3, #2 Pawkucket Shea 25-2, #3 Pawtucket St. Raphael 22-5, #4 North Kingstown 17-7, Providence Mt. Pleasant 17-7, Narragansett 20-4, Cumberland 21-6.….If they ever did, Rhode Island no longer considers their Division Tournaments as State Tournament’s and doesn’t live stream any of those games, so all you could watch is the four teams that make the final four of the state tournament. Shea was a Division 2 team and the other three were all D-1 schools…..In the state final on March 19, Bishop Hendricken defeated Shea for the title. The semifinals where Hendricken defeated North Kingstown and Shea defeated St. Raphael were both seen below.

NEW YORK
#1 Brooklyn Abraham Lincoln 31-3, #2 Long Island Lutheran 23-4, #3 Bronx Cardinal Hayes 21-9, #4 Queens Archbishop Molloy 21-8, #5 Mount Vernon 23-5, #6 Fairport 23-2 #7 Brooklyn Thomas Jefferson 18-12, #8 Brooklyn Bishop Loughlin 20-7, #9 Bronx Wings Academy 24-4, #10 Rochester University Prep Charter 18-5. Thanks to Time Warner Cable who doesn’t allow anyone to even pay to watch games on their website, there is no seeing either the AA State final nor the NY Federation Championship. Lincoln was first seen back on December 28, losing to Whitefield Academy, GA losing 68-66 in the TOC Classic @ Wheeler High School, GA. I saw them below defeating Thomas Jefferson in the PSAL AA City Championship. They then went on to win the AA Federation State title over Long Island Lutheran, which could not be seen. Long Island Lutheran is seen defeating Staten Island John Curtis in the LuHi Invitational. Cardinal Hayes is seen defeating Bishop Loughlin in the Catholic League semifinal. Molloy was seen defeating Archbishop Stepinac in the other Catholic League semifinal. Mt. Vernon was seen here defeating Scarscale for the Section 1 AA championship and late in January I saw them lose to both Christ the King and Jersey City St. Anthony in the SNY Invitational. Saw Fairport defeat Rochester Edison Tech in the Section 5 AA Quarterfinals. Saw Wings Academy defeat Bronx Eagle Academy in the PSAL Bronx Borough AA Championship. No video on Rochester University Prep Charter.

NEW JERSEY
#1 Patrick School 29-4, #2 Ramsey Don Bosco Prep 30-2, #3 Linden 26-5, #4 Roselle Catholic 18-4, #5 Gil St. Bernard’s 25-4, #6 Hudson Catholic 26-4, #7 Newark Eastside 25-4, #8 Jersey City St. Anthony’s 23-6, #9 Elizabeth St. Mary 19-7, #10 New Monmouth Mater Dei 25-4.…On March 20, I saw The Patrick School defeat Don Bosco Prep for the TOC Championship. On March 12 I saw Linden defeat Medford Shawnee for the Group Championship. Seen below Roselle Catholic defeated Pope John in the Hoop Group NJ Showcase. Also in December I saw them lose to Philadelphia Archbishop Wood. Gil St. Bernard’s was also seen in the Hoop Group Showcase losing to Don Bosco Prep. Hudson Catholic was seen below defeating St. Anthony to win the North Jersey Non-Public championship. They were also seen losing to Elizabeth St. Mary in the final of the St. Mary Holiday Tournament. Newark East Side was seen in the Hoop Group NJ Tip-Off Showcase defeating Teaneck and also defeating Mater Dei in the Dan Finn Classic. St. Anthony was seen in late January in the SNY Invitational losing to Bronx St. Raymond’s and then defeating Mount Vernon, New York. Games seen by Mater Dei and St. Mary were mentioned above.

PENNSYLVANIA
The state went to six classes this year. The real highlight to the season was that the states only 2000 game winner, Reading, at 2097 won their first ever state championship taking the 6A crown. Philadelphia schools won three more state titles. No one did a rating of all schools, as I didn‘t do any this year so I tried to put together a Top 10 for this page. Except for the top four teams who won 3A, 4, 5A and 6A teams really moved around from where they were during the regular season…..#1 Philadelphia Imhotep Charter, #2 Philadelphia Archbishop Wood. #3 Philadelphia Neumann-Goretti, #4 Reading 32-3, #5 Philadelphia Archbishop Ryan 23-6, #6 Plymouth-Whitemarsh 25-6, #7 Pine-Richland 28-2, #8 Carlisle 21-9, #9 Erie Strong Vincent 27-4, #10 Meadville 26-2.

DELAWARE
# 1 Smyrna 22-2, # 2 St. Thomas More 19-4, # 3 St. George's Tech 19-5, # 4 Mount Pleasant 18-4, # 5 Newark 16-4, # 6 Caravel Academy 18-7, # 7 Wilmington Salesianum   15-6, # 8 Woodbridge 19-3.….On March 11 I saw Smyrna defeat #6 Caravel Academy to win their first ever State Title. Also saw them get one of their two losses in Slam Dunk To The Beach to Bishop McNamara, Maryland. Saw St. Thomas More defeat Coatesville, PA in the Jameer/Pete Nelson SPBP Holiday Classic. Saw St. George’s defeat Hodgson Vo-Tech in a Blue Hen Flight B game and also defeat #8 Woodbridge in a Non-Conference game. Saw Mt. Pleasant defeat #5 Newark in a Blue Hen Flight A game. Saw Salesianum win a Catholic Division game at St. Mark’s.

MARYLAND
#1 Baltimore Mount St. Joseph 37-4, #2 Perry Hall 26-2, #3 Upper Marlboro Henry Wise 21-1, #4 Seneca Valley 24-2, #5 Quince Orchard 24-3, #6 Baltimore Patterson 26-3, #7 Bladensburg 17-5, #8 Green Belt Eleanor Roosevelt 19-5, # 9 DeMatha Catholic 23-8, #10 Baltimore Poly 21-7.….On March 11, I saw Perry Hall defeat Quince Orchard in overtime for the AAAA State Championship. Saw Mt. St. Joe defeat Mount Carmel for the Baltimore Catholic League Championship. Saw Wise defeat Douglas for the Prince George’s County Championship. Saw Seneca Valley give Quince Orchard their first loss of the season. Saw Patterson defeat Sykesville Century for the AA State Championship. Also saw Patterson lose to #10 Poly in a regular season game. Saw Bladensburg defeat Roosevelt in a PG County 4A league game. Saw DeMatha win a 75-70 game over Paul VI, Virginia. Also saw DeMatha defeat Roselle Catholic, NJ in the Cancer Research Center Classic and Greenforest, Ga in the Peachtree Corners Classic in Georgia. Saw Poly win the AAA state championship over Potomac. Also saw Poly lose to Sagemont, Florida in the Slam Dunk To The Beach Holiday Tournament.

DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA
# 1 Gonzaga 32-5, # 2 Woodrow Wilson 29-4, # 3 Sidwell Friends 23-6, # 4 Maret 26-5, # 5 St. John’s 25-10.….Saw Gonzaga lose to Chicago Simeon on December 03 in the Chicago Elite Classic, saw them defeat Philadelphia Archbishop Wood and Fort Lauderdale Dillard, Florida to win the Gonzaga DC Classic. Saw them defeat Atlanta Westlake, GA in the Cancer Reasearch Center Classic in early January. On March 5 I saw Gonzaga defeat Maret for the District of Columbia State Championship. Also saw Gonzaga defeat Paul VI, VA for the WCAC Championship. Saw Wilson defeat H.D. Woodson in a DCIAA regular season game. Saw Sidwell Friends overcome and 11-point fourth quarter deficit to defeat Maret 63-59 in a Mid-Atlantic Conference game. Also saw them defeat Philadelphia Archbishop Wood 46-44 in a Gonzaga DC Classic game. Saw St. John’s lose to El Cajon Foothills Christian, CA 61-57 in the Under Armour Holiday Classic @ Torrey Pines High School.

VIRGINIA
# 1 Chesterfield LC Bird 27-1, # 2 Fairfax Paul VI 28-6, # 3 Loudoun Valley 30-1, # 4 Charlottesville Albemarle 26-4, # 5 Hampton Bethel 24-6, # 6. Fairfax W.T. Woodson 26-6, # 7 Hampton 22-7, # 8 Potomac 22-3, # 9. Arlington Bishop O’Connell 20-11, # 10. Portsmouth IC Norcum 22-8.….I saw Bird win the AAAAA State Championship with a 65-52 win over Bethel. Also saw Bird edge Albemarle 61-59 in double-overtime in the AAAAA semifinals. Saw Paul VI defeat Philadelphia Neumann-Goretti 56-50 in the Slam Dunk to the Beach Holiday Tournament. Saw Loudoun smash Jamestown 80-48 to win the AAAA State Championship. Saw Bethel defeat Hampton 68-58 in the other AAAAA semifinal. Saw Potomac overcome a first half double-digit deficit to defeat Albemarle 71-60 in the AAAAA North Region Final. On January 21 I saw Bishop O’Connell defeat Norcross, Georgia 63-58 in the Peachtree Corners Invitational @ Norcross, Georgia HS. Also saw them lose to Los Angeles Westchester 59-42 in the  5th Place game at the Beach Ball Classic in Myrtle Beach, SC

NORTH CAROLINA
#1 Southwest Guilford 27-3, #2 Matthews Butler 30-1, #3 West Forsyth 27-3, #4 Wake Forest Heritage 28-2, #5 Garner Magnet 27-3, #6 North Mecklenburg 24-4, #7 Jacksonville Northside 30-0, #8 Cox Mill 27-6, #9 South Central  27-2, #10 Fayetteville Seventy-First 26-5.….Far and away the worst state to try to watch games. Again Time Warner hordes them away on a website where you can see they are there but you can’t watch them unless you get their Cable. You can call them and they just pass you on to someone else. This could happened three, four times. Very few people do full game videos. But I was able to watch the two best teams , SW Guilford play Butler in the 4A semifinals a 61-58 win for SW. On March 11, I saw highlight video of SW winning the 4A State Championship 73-47 over Leesville Road. Saw video of West Forsyth winning the Frank Spencer Holiday Classic, 70-57 over Winston-Salem Prep. Also saw some video of #4 Heritage defeating #5 Garner 68-62 in the finals of the John Wall Invitational. This game was also broadcast over the Garner radio network, but it doesn’t work right now. Saw Jacksonville Northside pound a good Greene Central 70-47 in the 2A East Region Championship. Got to listen to Cox Mill win the North Carolina State Championship, 70-66 over Eastern Guilford. Saw some video of Seventy-First outlasting Overhills 103-97 in double-overtime to win the 4A Mid-South Conference Championship. Could not find any video of North Mecklenburg or South Central, although I did see video of a foul-shot at the end of the game that gave Leesville Road in the 4A Eastern Championship.

SOUTH CAROLINA
#1 Dorman 23-5, #2 Lower Richland 21-4, #3 Blythewood 22-6, #4 Florence Wilson 21-1, #5 Charleston Burke 22-4, #6 Columbia Keenan 22-6, #7 Columbia Irmo 24-5, #8 Goose Creek 22-3, #9 Greenville Southside 27-1 #10 Gaffney …..On March 03, I saw Durman defeat Blytheville 57-50 to win the new South Carolina AAAAA State Championship. Saw Lower Richland defeat Piedmont Wren 51-42 to win the AAAA State Championship. Also saw them edge Wilson 46-43 win the AAAA semifinal. Saw #5 Burke defeat #6 Irmo 56-53 to win the South Carolina AA State Championship. Saw Irmo losing to Blythewood 61-50 in the AAAAA Lower State Championship. Also saw them defeat Goose Creek 59-44 in the South Carolina Lower State semifinal. Saw Southside defeat Dillion 65-57 to win the South Carolina AAA State Championship. Saw Gaffney losing to eventual state champion Dorman 61-47 in the South Carolina AAAAA Lower State Championship.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 10:55:14 PM by Jerry »

yepper

• All State
Re: Other States
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2017, 09:38:42 PM »

looking forward to them as always

Jerry

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2017, 09:48:56 PM »

Thanks, I figured you would want to see. I did think about the box scores, but it holds me up to much. And the teams I watched will all be listed, not always with scores though unless I go back and add them. When I start posting them they will probably start on the top of this thread.

yepper

• All State
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2017, 10:14:52 PM »

saw the Chino Hills coach got fired

the ultimate in parental interference!

Jerry

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2017, 10:32:12 PM »

saw the Chino Hills coach got fired

the ultimate in parental interference!

That is, was a very very strange situation. The former coach Steve Bak who went to LA Fairfax this year was going to their playoff games and told reporters LaVar is often misquoted. He said he was like that with me but we were very good friends and our families visited all the time. He also said the media read into it to much and gave him a stage to talk on and they should not have done that. It wonders me if he may go back. They only lose two players and have some awesome sophomores. Also the  6th man in 15-16 left for another school because he wanted to start and averaged over 20 as a junior and may come back home.

Crabber

• Hall of Fame

LaVar just put out shoe for Lonzo its $400 bucks. What do u think

yepper

• All State

move the period two places left

Jerry

• Hall of Fame

Just wonder what Lonzo thinks. Lavar said a few weeks ago, he planned this 18 years ago when he hand picked his wife to have three 6-7 sons who can make him $100,000,000.

Crabber

• Hall of Fame

One of the ESPN shows had them on and Lavar did most of the talking. I just hope pops let Lonzo alone in the NBA.

Jerry

• Hall of Fame

There was an hour video on that video above that shows Lonzo saying all the things and wearing the shoes to run up the mountains in Chino Hills saying him and his brothers planned this all there lives.

BUT I STILL THINK IT IS FAKE. I heard him talking on interviews to many times to believe he would do such a turnaround. Well that's all I'm going to say on this topic. Want to try and get down to North Carolina on Sunday unless something goes through I'm working on with Maryland, DC and Northern Virginia which would give me about 10 more games to watch there. Many of which I've seen full game highlights already but these would be full games.

Jerry

• Hall of Fame

GEORGIA
#1 Tift County 29-2, #2 McEachern 29-1, #3 Newton 26-5, #4 Norcross 26-6 #5 Pebblebrook 21-8, #6 Buford 29-2,  #7 Marietta Wheeler 21-9, #8 Gainesville 28-2,  #9 South Atlanta 29-1, #10 Upson Lee 32-0.….I saw many Georgia teams play in Showcases and Tournaments, mostly in November and December. Six of those teams finished in the Top 10 and only two had games I had not seen before. I still going to mention all the games I saw of each one. On March 11 I saw Tift County defeat Norcross 55-52 for the newly formed AAAAAAA State Championship. Right befow I saw them give previously undefeated McEachern their first loss of the 56-49 in the AAAAAAA semifinals. Earlier I saw McEachern win 84-69 over Miller Grove in Georgia’s Elite 8 Tip-Off, 76-57 over Brooklyn Jefferson, 76-68 over Orlando Oak Ridge, Fl, 52-51 over Scotlandville, LA and 77-67 over Wheeler in TOC Holiday Classic National Division, 74-61 over Lakeside Academy in Blue Collar MLK Classic @ Peachtrel Ridge. Saw Newton win 104-71 over Liberty County in Holiday Hoopsgiving, 70-52 over Gaston Day, NC and 73-64 over Spartansburg Day, SC in FBI Classic-Bojangles Bracktet, 96-75 over Spartansburg Day, SC in Blue Collar MLK Classic in Peatchtee Ridge and take a 63-58 loss to Bishop O’Connell in Peachtree Corners Invitational. Saw Norcross defeat Cordova, TN 70-55 in the Memphis vs. Atlanta Roundball Showcase below her. Also saw them take a 57-46 win over Greenforest and 82-74 over Macon Westside in Holiday Hoopsgiving, 70-65 over Miami Christian and 77-69 loss to Pebblebrook in TOC Holiday Fab Four Division. Saw Pebblebrook lose 99-92 to IMG Academy, Fl in Holiday Hoopsgiving, win 66-52 over Berkmar in Wheeler Hoops Classic, 68-66 over Richmond John Marshall, VA and 77-68 over Norcross in TOC Fab Four Division, Then an 80-77 over Wheeler in regular season game, 76-75 over Wheeler. Saw Buford win the Georgia AAAAA state championship win a 75-61 win over Cedar Shoals. Their fourth win over them this season. Wheeler was every ones pick in the preseason including a top  4 in the country. They played a played a big-time national schedule but soon also found out there was a lot of instate talent and they were beat by some of Georgia’s finest along the way. Here are the games I got to see along their ride. Wheeler took a 69-67 loss to St. Louis Vashon, Missouri in Holiday Hoopsgiving, won 53-42 over Greenforest in the Wheeler Hoops Classic, 68-39 over Miller Grove, 83-60 over Whitefield Academy , then lost 77-67 to McEachern in TOC National Division Championship, 82-56 win over Philadelphia Neumann-Goretti in Cancer Research Center Classic, 64-51 win over Pinkerington Central in Premier Health Flyin’ To The Hoop Invitational in Dayton, Ohio, lost 56-36 to Greensboro Day, NC in Peachtree Corners Invitational and then two losses to Pebblebrook. Saw Gainesville defeat Atlanta St. Pius X 70-65 in overtime below in a December game. Earlier I saw Gainesville get a 74-57 win over Langston Hughes in Jared Cook Classic and a 46-44 win over Huntsville Lee, Alabama, in the Wheeler Hoops Classic. Saw South Atlanta run away with a 68-33 win over Swainsboro in the Georgia AA State Championship and then 32-0 Upson-Lee defeat Atlanta St. Pius X 53-48 for the Georgia AAAA State Championship.

FLORIDA
#1 Fort Lauderdale Dillard 28-4, #2 Tallahassee Godby 25-2, #3 Miami Christian 30-2, #4 Kissimmee Osceola 30-2, #5 Fort Lauderdale Christian Academy 24-6, #6 Tampa Sickles 29-4, #7 Tallahassee Lincoln 24-4, #8 Fort Lauderdale Westminster Academy 29-4, #9 Orlando Christian Prep 28-4, #10 Wekiva 26-6.….Saw Dillard below winning the 7A state title, crushing Orlando Edgewater 75-43. Earlier saw them lose, 74-53 to Washington Gonzaga in the finals of the Gonzaga DC Cllassic and then saw them get blown out by Pennsylvania’s #1 team, Philadelphia Imhotep Charter 80-52 in the semifinals of the Beach Ball Classic. Saw Godby defeating ThunderRidge, Colorida 62-63 to win the Tarkanian Classic Eastbay Division Championship. On a buzzer beater three, saw Miami Christian defeat Florida Prep 51-48 for the Florida 2A State Championship. Earlier saw them lose their only two games of the year to Norcross, GA 70-65 and Richmond John Marshall 68-63 in the Tournament of Champions @ Wheeler HS. On March 04 I saw Osceola win the newly formed Florida 9A State Championship with a 59-47 victory over Wekiva. Saw Christian Academy winning the Florida 5A State Championship with a 65-48 win over Tampa Catholic. Saw #6 Tampa Sickles defeat #7 Tallahassee Lincoln 51-45 in the Florida 8A State Championship. Saw Westminster Academy defeat Providence 57-43 to win the Florida 4A State Championship. Saw Orlando Christian Prep beat Trinity Christian Academy 78-48 to win the Florida 3A State Championship. Saw Wekiva defeat South Miami 70-59 in the Florida 9A State Semifinal…..Florida went to 9 classes this year which is way to many IMO. But the strength of the teams was really spread out as I watched 7 of the 9 classes, missing only 1A and 7A.

ALABAMA 
#1 Huntsville Mae Jemison 35-4, #2 Birmingham Mountain Brook 31-5, #3 Birmingham Huffman 25-9, #4 Midfield 28-6, #5 Birmingham Parker 28-8, #6 Pelham 22-9, #7 Decatur Austin 29-6, #8 Hale County 28-4, #9 Hoover 27-7, #10 Auburn 23-10.….Saw Jemison defeat Mobile Faith Academy 58-52 to win the Alabama 5A state finals. Also earlier saw them defeat Birmingham Sacred Heart 57-53 in the Huntsville Tip-Off Doubleheader, defeat Hazel Green 71-60 in the Al.com Classic Quarterfinals, Madison James Clemens 62-57 in the semifinals and 7A state champ Mountain Brook 64-53 in the final. On March 4, I saw Mountain Brook win the 7A State Chmpionship with a 63-43 win over Auburn. Also saw them in the Al.com Classic where they beat Sparkman 59-47 and 65-33 before the loss to Jemison. Saw Huffman in a loss to Mountain Brook 56-52 in the 7A Northeast Regional Championship. Saw Midfield defeat Plainview 60-46 to win the 3A State Championship. Also saw them in a 64-59 loss to Berkman, GA in the Memphis vs. Atlanta vs. Birmingham Roundball Classic. Saw Parker defeat Spanish Fort 69-59 in the 6A state semifinal. Saw Pelham in a 76-67 loss to Spartansburg Day, SC in the Farm Bureau Insurance Classic. Saw Austin crush Adamsville Minor 77-42 in the 6A Northwest Regional Championship. They also played in the Al.com Classic where they beat Madison Academy 70-61 before losing to Mt. Brook in the semifinal. Saw Hale County win the 4A state title with a 67-56 win over Monroe County. Saw Hoover get upset 58-47 by Vestavia Hills in the 7A Northwest Regional Championship. They had beaten them three times earlier by the scores of 76-69, 72-50 and 61-37. Saw Auburn win the 7A Central Region Championship with a 50-49 victory over Phenix City Central. 

MISSISSIPPI
#1 Meridian 30-2, #2 Jackson Murrah 22-5, #3 Brandon 30-4, #4 Velma Jackson 26-6, #5 Tupelo 25-5, #6 Laurel 24-8, #7 Neshoba Central 25-4, #8 Raymond 23-5, #9 Coahoma County 31-2, #10 Morton 30-1.….On Mar 4 I saw Meridian defeat Jackson Murrah 68-59 for the Mississippi 6A State Championship. Saw Murrah below defeat Brandon 69-66 in overtime in the 6A state semifinal. Saw Velma Jackson defeat Cleveland East Side 46-32 to win the Mississippi 3A state championship, their fourth in five years. Saw game highlight film of Tupelo defeating Starkville 38-33 in the 6A state second round game. Saw #6 Laurel beat #5 Neshoba Central 85-76 in the Mississippi 5A State Championship. Saw Raymond win the Mississippi 4A state championship with a 52-46 win over Leake Central. Then saw Coahoma County outscore Baldwyn 43-18 in the second half to over come a 12-point deficit to take a 60-47 win and the Mississippi 2A State Championship. Finally saw Morton suffer their only loss of the season, 56-53 to Cleveland East Side in the Mississippi 3A state semifinal.

LOUISIANA
#1 Baton Rouge Scotlandville 31-3, #2 Baton Rouge Madison Prep 34-3,  #3 Alexandria Peabody 35-3, #4 Lake Charles Washington Marion 29-4, #5 New Orleans De LaSalle 30-4, #6 Shreveport Woodlawn 28-6, #7 Baton Rouge University Lab 31-4, #8 East Ascension 26-7, #9 Lafayette Christian #10 New Orleans Landry-Walker 22-13…..Louisiana crowned 12 state champions this year. They wanted to separate Catholic/Charter schools from Public. There were 5 Divisions for the Catholic/Charter schools, but they also included elite Public schools and Public schools that had some magnet students. Well Public schools played in all 5 Division championship games and won two of them. As for the Public schools there were seven classes ranging from 5A to Class C. There is some word they may scrap in the near future. There were some over matched games. One final score being 134-32 and least five 90+ point wins and this is in the state tournament games…..
On March 11, I saw Scotlandville edge Brother Martin 53-52 for the first ever Division I State Championship. Over the Holiday’s I saw them defeat Macon Westside, Ga 60-39 and lose 52-51, on a shot at the buzzer to McEachern, GA in the TOC National Division in Georgia. Saw Madison Prep win the Louisiana AA State Championship with a 65-61 win over a very good Rayville team. Also below saw Peabody defeat Woosman 73-54 to win the Louisiana AAA State Championship. Saw #4 Washington-Marion defeat #6 Woodlawn 73-66 in the Louisiana AAAA state semifinal. Saw #5 De LaSalle defeat #6 University Lab 81-69 to win the Division II State Championship. Then saw Country Day defeat Dunham 70-49 to win the Louisiana Division III State Championship. Saw East Ascension defeat St. Amant 78-50 in a Louisiana 5A District 5 Conference game. Saw Lafayette Christian defeat Southern Lab 52-43 to win the Louisiana Division IV State Championship. Last saw Landry-Walker defeat Bonnabel to win the Louisiana AAAAA State Championship.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 02:33:02 PM by Jerry »

Jerry

• Hall of Fame