PSB

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the New PSB-To login click login above username box

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42]

Author Topic: 2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs  (Read 19711 times)

yannessa_is_god

• Hall of Fame
Re: 2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs
« Reply #615 on: May 26, 2017, 10:46:46 AM »

I can't see Sprong appearing at this point unless they absolutely have to.

As for your Murray take:

As tough as it is to fault a goaltender who gives up to goals AND one of those goals is a 5 on 3, I did not like either goal in game 6 and blame him some for the loss.

His game 7 I know that he is being criticized for both goals some, especially the first one, but IMO that first goal was as much a goal scorers goal as anything. Doe MAF stop it? Maybe,  but he may give up goals elsewhere. Tough to say. I was ok with his game 7, but would like to see him on a short leash in the finals. He absolutely deserves some credit for their comeback in this series though,  and they certainly did not win game 7 in spite of him, which down the stretch last season's playoffs I felt that they won a number of games in spite of him.

KernKraft400

• Varsity
« Reply #616 on: May 26, 2017, 11:22:03 AM »

Haven't posted much but I think Maatta and Guentzel look physically weak at times.  Understandable I guess.  Bit quite young adults, played a long season, etc.  And Maatta had the cancer bout.  But need to gain weight and some strength in offseason.

Nobody has mentioned it, but Doumolin didn't even come close to getting the body on the kid from Ottawa who tied the game. 

Anyways, excited for the Pens.  Two Cup Finals in a row is so much fun. 

Lastly, huge shout out to the FANS!  The whole tri-state area is aglow right now!

Nicky

• All State
« Reply #617 on: May 26, 2017, 12:30:55 PM »

Last night was highest rated and most watched hockey game in history of NBCSN in Pittsburgh market, outdrawing every Stanley Cup game last season. 

Loved seeing so many Steelers, Pirates and Pgh area celebrities tweeting during the game also.  Great for our entire area.
"there is a light that never goes out"

hs

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #618 on: May 26, 2017, 01:20:35 PM »

Haven't posted much but I think Maatta and Guentzel look physically weak at times.  Understandable I guess.  Bit quite young adults, played a long season, etc.  And Maatta had the cancer bout.  But need to gain weight and some strength in offseason.

Nobody has mentioned it, but Doumolin didn't even come close to getting the body on the kid from Ottawa who tied the game. 

Anyways, excited for the Pens.  Two Cup Finals in a row is so much fun. 

Lastly, huge shout out to the FANS!  The whole tri-state area is aglow right now!

Dumoulin was actually tied up with someone else with I believe Hainsey also and let Dzingel come around behind him and score. Dumoulin did break off but not in time to lift his stick. But IMO, if Murray would've been covering the post like he should have been and protecting that short side, we wouldn't be having this conversation
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42]