PSB

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the New PSB

Author Topic: Document disapeared  (Read 412 times)

Jerry

• Hall of Fame
Document disapeared
« on: March 21, 2017, 12:37:11 AM »

I'm so upset I don't even know if I can word this right.

I'll probably use 100 words when only a few would be needed. I have this document where I put box scores of all the games I see in that year. I was working on it tonight and somehow hit something and the whole thing went poof. I seem to remember there was a key I could have hit to bring it back, but I wasn't thinking. Instead I hit save and now I've saved a blank page. Am I done and can't get it back?

Next I can't even find my recycle bin, I never looked for it on this computer and can't find it. Not even sure if it would be in there.

Next I right clicked on the document and hit restore. But the window that opened for me to pick a date was down so low, I could not get the mouse down to click on restore.

I googled all these questions and found answers but still didn't know what I was reading and got no where in the past two hours.

There's so many things I'm up against right now and this was, is the one thing that keeps me sane and if this is gone, I've really hit the bottom of the barrel. I can still watch the games, but to figure out all I watched and how many fun hours I spent digging up boxes and finding games is probably impossible. sorry to have gone on so long, but his is my drug that keeps me going.

Jerry

• Hall of Fame
Re: Document disapeared
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 12:49:54 AM »

I found the recycle bin and it isn't in there.

Jerry

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 01:15:33 AM »

Ok, when I clicked on to pushing it back three days, it is all there except what I did in the last three days, but I can fix that in a day or two.

The problem now is the restore button is down under the date, time and so on at the bottom and I can't click on to it. That should be easy to fix but I can't find out how. It's 1:15 now and I'll probably try till 2:30 or so. I am excited though that it will be 95% the same if I can ever hit restore.

Jerry

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2017, 01:34:03 AM »

Wow all this moaning and I got it at 1:30. All I had to do is move the task bar. I thought about that two hours ago, but did not try in until now. What an ass. It is three days on behind, but that's ok for a dumb mistake. I still have over 200 pages I thought I lost.

coach99

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2017, 03:57:31 PM »

Wow..happy that it turned out pretty good for you.  I don't know anything about puters and I am always afraid I will do somehing wrong and mess everything up.
I am really happy for you..and hope everything else going on in your life will work out, too.

Jerry

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2017, 04:28:57 PM »

Well thank-you it means a lot.

If I would have been thinking clear, I do know how to have saved it all, but that's life. I didn't lose that much and it helps relax to get it all back again. Tomorrow I try to get one of my other things fixed. I don't really like to talk about it though so I'll just let it go at that.

But thanks again.

SteamRollers1

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2017, 04:53:47 PM »

Holy smokes Jerry, that probably would have given me a heart attack! I'm sincerely glad everything turned out ok !
State Football Champions:
1907, 1924, 1925, 1926, 1948, 1978, 1982, 2007 & 2008.
State Basketball Champions:
1927, 1992, 1998, 2000, 2005 & 2008

Jerry

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2017, 05:45:46 PM »

Well I didn't have a heart attack, but it was nearing mid-night and I knew no one would see this, so I told myself I'll stay with it till I figure it out. When it turned blank if I would not have hit save it and just got out of it, I think it would have all stayed but again that's the way it goes sometimes.

Tiger4Lyfe

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2017, 07:23:40 AM »

Always name your docs and if it doesn't automatically save , save it often. Then if it gets saved somewhere weird, search your files for it by name

Jerry

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2017, 09:37:50 AM »

I do that, I have over 20 of them, It's just when it happened I freaked out because there was too many other things in my mind.

Tiger4Lyfe

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2017, 06:43:44 PM »

I've done that, think I've lost spreadsheets or word documents, and  it's really just still open and hiding  behind my browser. I started saving spreadsheets I use for work a little differently because I have screwed up and lost a couple, so at the least I have the version from the end of the day before and dont have to re-enter everything

Jerry

• Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2017, 07:29:24 PM »

I've done that, think I've lost spreadsheets or word documents, and  it's really just still open and hiding  behind my browser. I started saving spreadsheets I use for work a little differently because I have screwed up and lost a couple, so at the least I have the version from the end of the day before and dont have to re-enter everything

That's what gets me, you know it's there but how do you find it. My friends grandson who took up computers at a trade school and who is a wizard in my mind will be coming over in a few days or weeks to do something else for me, maybe he can find it. Trouble is I may have down everything over by then.

This has nothing to do with documents, but I have a google email account. I never close it but one day about six months ago I was not signed in somehow and I forgot my password. I think they may have made some changes in this but at that time they would not let you change your password to get back in. I finally, after days got ahold of someone and he told me they do not do that, like I said I'm sure they do it now. I complained and he said the same thing happened to him and after a month of trying to remember he just got a new account. I asked but where are all these emails I saved. He said floating around in space just like mine are. But recently it happened to me again and now they let you change your password so you can get back in. Every once in a while I wonder if I should try to find my old one like that since my friend has my old address, but I just let it ride.